SCS v32 Release Candidate (now Version 10) Available for Testing

np, i really like your stuff - i buyed and played the original games nearly 20 years ago and played it now again with a full modded version of EE and its fantastic to see how all still had so much support.

I for sure speak for ALOT people who never rised their voice - thank you!

Throari and Filippo:

the compatibility bug you're both finding with 'IWD arcane spells' is quite elusive. I've just installed every mod component that's present in *both* your installs, but the component still installs fine for me.

Can you find the file "override/25spell.sto", zip it, and attach it to a comment? Maybe I can find what's wrong directly from the file...

Hi David,

Just replying quickly. I'll upload the 25spell.sto later today. Need to do a re-install with the same mods installed.

I have gotten it to work by omitting Spell Revisions(!) AFAIK I'm using the latest versions of all the mods.

Checking back later today. Cheers.

I think BUFF_ENHANCEMENT may be extraneous here, since it's primarily for stuff like DUHM, Tenser, Fire Shield etc. most of which are not breachable.

TRIGGER=BreachTarget

OR(4)

CheckSpellState(scstarget,BUFF_PRO_WEAPONS)

CheckSpellState(scstarget,BUFF_PRO_DAMAGE)

CheckSpellState(scstarget,BUFF_ENHANCEMENT)

CheckSpellState(scstarget,BUFF_PRO_EFFECTS)

I think Fire Shield is stripped by Breach (it's SPECIFICPROTECTIONS) - but then, Fire Shield is also flagged with BUFF_PRO_DAMAGE, so your point stands. Will tweak, thanks. (I assume you're the author of these useful BUFF_XYZ flags?)

...and unfortunately I can install IWD Arcane Spells with Throari's version of 25spell.sto.

Filippo: if you do upload a copy, can you make sure it's the one from after all mods except SCS have been installed? I think Throari's is from after SCS, so it's possible SCS is fixing it.

It's also possible this is something else entirely; this one is really puzzling me.

np, i really like your stuff - i buyed and played the original games nearly 20 years ago and played it now again with a full modded version of EE and its fantastic to see how all still had so much support.

I for sure speak for ALOT people who never rised their voice - thank you!

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Thanks - I'm increasingly pessimistic that's the problem, but it's worth checking.

So I tried the SR (v4 beta 16) + SCS install and it didn't work unfortunately (same error msg). It seems there's no 25spell.sto in the override folder. :unsure: Is SRv4b16 the version you're using or is it some other? If so, my bad. :)

I'll redo the full install and upload 25spell.sto...

Don't worry - that's enough for me to work with direct now. Thanks for the help.

(I tested this fairly extensively with SR so I'm a bit puzzled - working hypothesis is that I tested with v4b15 and v4b16 has changed.)

EDIT: aaaand yes, there's a change in the SRv4b16 scroll structure that's breaking SCS, though TBH I ought to be more robust against that happening, so blame me, not them.

Edited by DavidW

Don't worry - that's enough for me to work with direct now. Thanks for the help.

(I tested this fairly extensively with SR so I'm a bit puzzled - working hypothesis is that I tested with v4b15 and v4b16 has changed.)

EDIT: aaaand yes, there's a change in the SRv4b16 scroll structure that's breaking SCS, though TBH I ought to be more robust against that happening, so blame me, not them.

Aah cool - glad it worked out. Looking forward to testing the changes in the new SCS. :)

Hi

I used the Excellent/Fine option for weapons. Works good so far but may i suggest to use a slightly more recolored icon for the weapons?

Because the eye goes from up to down a different hilt color would be great.

Its really not easy to see them in bigger fights in the quick loot slot, alot less visible as the original +1 weapon icons.

So its a bit a decrease in usuability for the player.

I also noticed that the size did not match for me. A excellent long sword looks more like short sword from the size now.

Edited by michtoen

I've played a bit with SR + v32.

You've outdone yourself...great work. Seeing enemies use Sound Burst, True Strike etc. is awesome.

Mulahey fight...wow.

SRDetectInvisibility trigger is the best thing in SCS ever since v21's removal of Misleads.... :)

Terrific. (What did Mulahey do? I didn't specifically mess with that fight beyond what was in v30.)

As per changes:

- in kill_maze_stun; SR Disintegrate is magic damage, so you can put a check for magic damage resistance there

- in IR lib, L1 safe and L2 safe can be deleted, armor will be reworked and these checks arent needed

- for clerics, smite and blight don't care about alignment in SR, they affect all enemies regardless

- Nature's beauty is a charm spell in SR, it doesn't blind anyone

Great. I think I'm catching smite and blight already - the NotGood/NotEvil triggers are wiped in the SR library, and it's TRIGGER_REPLACE so it replaces rather than supplements the vanilla one. Implemented the rest.