Noober! - No, no romance! But maybe a *little* bit of lovin'?

jastey

This is a serious question: How much of you let the poor guy finish his countless times of dialogue - and how much just knock him dead?

I am thinking about a Noober component that gives the guy a home he is respected in. No, no romance, because his new friend will be old Mrs. Kruckly, who is deaf as a stone. But he will be just at the right place.

Now I wonder: am I the only one who got so scared about his countless approaches that she let her PC kill the guy (yes, I got that scared it will never end. And I didn't have a spell then)? How do you play this tedious enconter? :)

I forcetalk to Noober every single time, until he yields his sweet sweet XP.

EDIT: Afterwards, I equip fists and smack him unconscious. :p

What a powergamer... I do the same except I let him go away :D

Nono, quite the opposite. Hitting him in the face is roleplaying, make no mistake haha

Nono, quite the opposite. Hitting him in the face is roleplaying, make no mistake haha

And a few years later, just to teach the hobo a lesson, I went back and casted Imprisonment on him... the next day I was woken up by Imoen who mysteriously had gained her "Freedom"... and she came to give Noober back, before she returned to her where ever she had come. :D

I forcetalk to Noober every single time, until he yields his sweet sweet XP.

EDIT: Afterwards, I equip fists and smack him unconscious. :p

What a powergamer... I do the same except I let him go away :D

LOL! Yeah, that counts as role-playing too hahaha

Back then, it never occurred to me that you can you can hit people unconsious in BG... Poor Noober. He also gives bullets +2 (I think?) as a reward, does he do that every time or is it dependent on the rep? I have to check.

Fists are my number one go-to weapon when I rob peasants in BG :D

Also:

In Nashkel there's a mansion with a woman in an upstairs bedroom. When you talk to her and act kind of lewd, her lover jumps out of a wardrobe. A quick right jab solves the situation without chunking INNOCENTs...

Ha! I replayed the encounter you mentioned in spoiler tags only recently. Funnily enough, they did not attack me, neither did the other inhabitants turn hostile. My PC threatened to kill them, and they just ran...

I replayed it because I didn't remember it, and thought the lady might be suitable for a bg1re encounter, but

Nope, this encounter is complete as it is - would have been a nice component for bg1re itself. I am almost jealous about the idea about that naked man jumping out of the wardrobe to defend his lady - only to notice (and phrase aloud) that doing so naked might not be the best idea. Hilarious!

I've got to stop playing paladins. Lawful Good keeps you from discovering all sorts of interesting things. I only recently discovered "Mummy" and "Daddy" in Beregost with the gauntlets of Ogre Power and a nifty two-handed sword...

That is however semi-broken loot (there should also have been an amazing staff there?), from a encounter that makes no sense. I mean, Ogres living in central Beregost? Then again, NTotSC is full of un-balanced items and NPC:s IMHO. The NPC:s especially make the vanilla NPC:s look like total scrubs.

@Jastey:

Haha! Yes the encounter is really, as you phrase it, complete,And the reaction of the male is perfect. I'm quite sure that when I've played both the woman and male was red circled. It's possible they weren't aggressive though, but a I felt a good wallop was still warranted. You never know where someone might hide a magic wand...

I forgot about the staff. Yes... I have to break character a bit because the loot is so amazing. Funny that Ajantis has never complained once when we go walking right into a house a Beregost and kill both of the parents when the kid is standing right in the living room looking on. Of course, he always gets the gauntlets... ;-)

Lol... which character gets to do the rectal examination?

Archived