Discussion on IWD-in-BG2 v8

Congratulations! Your conversion made me truly love IWD. :)

And that's one impressive changelog. Am envious.

Hjollder is no longer invisible after wind walking.

Double yay to that.

•Moved over to using ToBEx to remove BG2 spells.

Not sure what that means, but question: is there any option/tweak/mod to have all BG2 spells in IWD-in-BG2?

•Moved over to using ToBEx to remove BG2 spells.

Not sure what that means, but question: is there any option/tweak/mod to have all BG2 spells in IWD-in-BG2?

Yes, it's in the fixpack/tweakpack. The changelog note is a bit gnomic; what I mean is that I used to block BG2-only spells from showing up in IWD by just making them all L10, and now I do it via ToBEx. But in either case it's very readily reverted. (I anticipated very early in the project that people would want to use the BG2 spells, so I'm careful not to overwrite them.)

Wow, this sounds really cool.

Looking forward to replaying IWD with this mod...

I have some questions though:

1. Do XP rewards scale with the difficulty level, like in vanilla IWD?
  2. Are Wild Mages supported, and do their wild surges and reckless dweomers work correctly?
  3. Can BG2 mods that add new spells be installed on top of this mod?
  4. Can BG2 Tweak Pack components such as "Bottomless Bags" and "Unlimited Ammo Stacks" be installed on top of this mod?
  5. Will ShadowKeeper work with savegames from this mod?

Wow, this sounds really cool.

Looking forward to replaying IWD with this mod...

I have some questions though:

1. Do XP rewards scale with the difficulty level, like in vanilla IWD?
  2. Are Wild Mages supported, and do their wild surges and reckless dweomers work correctly?
  3. Can BG2 mods that add new spells be installed on top of this mod?
  4. Can BG2 Tweak Pack components such as "Bottomless Bags" and "Unlimited Ammo Stacks" be installed on top of this mod?
  5. Will ShadowKeeper work with savegames from this mod?

Please note that some major bugs in the v8 converter has DavidW saying use v7 with the 7.13 tweaks/hot patch. Just read the v8 walkthrough thread to see what's wrong. Now for some answers.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. I've no idea. I do know there's a component in the ice_tutu_tweaks that lets you have the BG2 spells in addition to the IWD. Is there anyone out there who can answer this one??

4. Yes, and I use them (and others).

5. Yes. As with 2 and 4 above, this is the BG2 engine you'll be using, and this project is a mod for that engine.

Hope this helps.

Hi i posted few days ago about a bug that make the game wont run, with the help of your member i could solve it pretty quick. Thanks again :) Now i want to share the fun i am having with your mods.

Who has never been frustated when reaching this point of the adventure, to not being able to use both of the awsome badass weapon we can find on this corpse ? Alwas having to chose between, the awsome Guardian axe +2, and the long sword of confusing !

1383841781-yeah-.png

Now we can use them both !

Archived