ToB Beta-Testing Report Thread

berelinde

Cmorgan is right. It's the string fixer kicking in.

I don't think Gavin has any drunk talks in BG2... although he does invite the PC to join him for a few drinks and it can land them both in prison. Drunk talks were one of the many things I wanted to do and never had time to implement.

Hi, new here. Just wanted to pop in and say what a great chararcter you have created in Gavin. He is awesome. I started TOB a few days ago and couldn't figure out why Gavin wouldn't speak. Came here and downloaded the beta. I hope everything goes smoothly. Thank you for taking the time to make and work on this. <3

I just attempted to start a fresh ToB game (no SoA carry over). I summoned what I believe to be normal, friendship path Gavin through the Spirit. He told me we needed to talk about where we stand, but all I got was 'No valid response' options. I clicked it to make the dialog window close, which worked fine. I also had the option of telling him I didn't mind naughty talk in his PID. I'm not sure which version of Gavin I ended up with. I haven't continued playing so I'm not sure how he'll act from here.

Yeah, summoning friend!Gavin with the Fate Spirit is a bit bugged. It's fixed locally, but that does not help. If you know how to use the console, type in

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!GavRA","GLOBAL",0)

Shucks, guess I'll have to summon my lover Gavin instead. Oh the hardship. ;) Actually, have the placeholders been switched out yet? Gavin's .. well.. smuttiness is one of his most endearing qualities. *grins*

Also, another heartfelt 'Thank you' from someone who has had the chance to enjoy the many projects you've been (and continue to be) involved with. All your time and effort is really appreciated! Keep up the good work. :)

I got to the very end of ToB where my PC has to make her choice (to ascend, or not ascend... that is the question....) but something went wrong with Gavin's dialogue. No matter which option I picked, it kicked me out of dialogue mode. My party then proceeded to beat on the already defeated Melissan, for lack of anything else productive to do. I have a save just before this occurs, so if you need any information/screenshots/savegame/whatnot I will be happy to oblige.

This was pretty game-breaking for me, as I consider the epilogue to be my reward for a game well-played. Bummer... I was really looking forward to settling down with Gavin and popping out a buch of little Gavinspawns :(

I thought I should just mention this, but I finally got out of the dreaded Underdark. I then decided to do some shopping around town, then proceeded to do Umar Hills quest. Once I finished up there I thought to go to the 'Forest of Tethir' and that's when it crashed on me. But I didn't get an error message or anything, it was sorta like it just locked up and kicked me out. I started BG up again and tried going to the forest again and got the same out come. I then tried going to "North Forest" and had the same thing happen. And when I went to the last forest place, it just froze up on me while it was loading. I then tested it out once more to see if it was crashing/locking up with all the places I clicked on, so I went to the Graveyard (To confront Bodhi) and it loaded the area just fine.

So, yea, so far can't go to any of the forests.

I have encountered this bug, but this has nothing to do with Gavin. I'm pretty sure it's the tweak pack "make wilderness areas available before ch 6" component. I've un-installed that particular component in my own game, and have not encountered this CTD since.

Hey, I found a bug in my own mod. There is a problem with one of the areas used for a mid-relationship cutscene. It starts after Gavin has been in the party a while, when he complains about not being able to concentrate. This talk fires fine during the day, which is how it got through tesing in the first place, since we were pretty much rapid-firing talks, but in actual use, there's a chance this can happen at night. I am aware of the problem and know exactly how to fix it,but for the time being, if Gavin is moaning about stress and wants to take a walk, don't go with him unless it is daytime or not in a town environment. I'll have a new beta up as soon as I can get the area repaired.

Encountered this bug when resting outside de'Arnise Keep. CTD during the area transition, and I couldn't figure out why until I remembered that you had released a hotfix for this area. In my game it didn't matter whether it was night or day. I just had to rest at an inn, *not* in a wilderness/outdoors area (I picked the Copper Coronet, but I don't think it makes a difference as long as you are in Athkatla).

I have to try resting in Trademeet or Umar Hills next time I encounter this bug, just to check if it makes a difference. It didn't occur to me to try that at the time.

Enjoy!

Just be aware that the ToB "Come to my bedroll" talks are all placeholders at present. This means that there's a (joke) line in place to hold the spot while I try to get in the right mindset to write for Gavin again. Apart from that, everything that should be there is there.

Gavin: Danger just around the corner.... yaddah yaddah [trying not to post spoilers]...

I actually laughed out loud at this conversation. It's too cute to take out, Berelinde.... you simply must keep it! The mental image of Gavin trying to fight off the evil denizens of the dungeon in such a state made me laugh. My poor, sweet Gavin! LOL!!!

And I'm pretty sure it's "discreet", but I could be wrong.

I love this NPC. Hands-down, the best NPC ever written. I'm totally in love :love:

Archived