Placing Game Files for EET

I am going to use BWS to install everything, I have BG:EE, SoD, BG:EE2, its on steam so I know I have to run Modmerge, but Steam has me installed in the Program(86) files section

I rely upon Steam to download and set up my whole series so it installs them wherever it's default is, which in this case is the ( program(86)/steam/steamapps/common) folder. As I'm reading thru Big World Set up it's telling me my game files shouldn't be in there? So do I tell Steam to install them somewhere else? Any suggestions on best place to put them?

I'm currently on a play thru of my Vanilla BGEE and i'm finishing that up then was gonna do Big World. I know I need to run modmerge but didn't know if there was an easier or better place to put the program files. Sorry to sound so stupid, I'm an old man gamer, not a modder, but you guys are the best!

Your help is appreciated.

Any suggestions on best place to put them?

The only -reliably for you- made sub-directory on the C drive, which is in: "C:\Users\<windows username>\<games>" the <games> folder there is an example, as mine is in: C:\Users\Jarno\Pelit\BGIIEE\ , which the "pelit" means "games". And yes, the foreign Windows translation translate the word "Users" to other terms, but the filing system keeps it as "Users".

The BWS can be extracted to nearly anywhere, as long as it's not in the game directory itself, because it's a tool to modify, not a tool to play the game with.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Any suggestions on best place to put them?

The only -reliably for you- made sub-directory on the C drive, which is in: "C:\Users\<windows username>\<games>" the <games> folder there is an example, as mine is in: C:\Users\Jarno\Pelit\BGIIEE\ , which the "pelit" means "games". And yes, the foreign Windows translation translate the word "Users" to other terms, but the filing system keeps it as "Users".

The BWS can be extracted to nearly anywhere, as long as it's not in the game directory itself, because it's a tool to modify, not a tool to play the game with.

Alright, so I'm going to create a game folder for myself at:

"C:\Users\Tom\games\BGIIEE\"

I will then extract the BWS package somewhere other than into a game folder, run the set ups and everything and it should be workable. Again, out of my ignorance, I'm assuming Steam allows me to change the path that it installs these games to, right? I have never done anything differently, I just bought stuff from Steam, GOG, or Beamdog, and then installed and ran the games through their clients.

Thanks for the help, sorry I'm such a goob.