45 replies to this topic

#16 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modders
  • 1117 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

I happened upon this:

Pierce Magic Via Wand of Spellstriking Not Working

The Pierce Magic ability of the Wand fo Spellstriking was not working. Pierce Magic, when cast via scroll or from memory, is a special class of spell that bypasses magical protections so that it can dispel them. When coming from the wand, it did not receive this benefit and was therefore being blocked by the very protections it was supposed to remove. The wand now casts the spell like the scroll, allowing it to interact properly with spell protections.

Files altered: wand19.itm

Isn't Wand of Spell Striking wand18.itm?

#17 Nythrun

Nythrun

Long since out to pasture

• Modders
  • 1761 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

Yep.

I'll steamroll through any other outstanding issues with the documentation, so bring them up if you have them :p
"You tell lies, too."
"Not I." The witch laughed; her laughter was clear and yet unpleasant. "I used to as a child, I confess. But I soon found the truth more disconcerting."

#18 Guest_Galrick_*

Guest_Galrick_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

Hotfixes! Yay! :p Thanks Nythrun.

#19 Nythrun

Nythrun

Long since out to pasture

• Modders
  • 1761 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

Okies, the vast majority of the Beta Core fixes have passed muster (you WILL agree with this) and are thriving happily in the Core Fixes component. Documentation is updated.

We'll give it a few more days, and then attach a downloadable update.
"You tell lies, too."
"Not I." The witch laughed; her laughter was clear and yet unpleasant. "I used to as a child, I confess. But I soon found the truth more disconcerting."

#20 Guest_Guest_adam_*_*

Guest_Guest_adam_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

Okies, the vast majority of the Beta Core fixes have passed muster (you WILL agree with this) and are thriving happily in the Core Fixes component. Documentation is updated.

We'll give it a few more days, and then attach a downloadable update.

Can't wait for this..

#21 Guest_Mikey_*

Guest_Mikey_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:35 AM

Thanks alot guys! Keep up the hard work!!! Just the fix I needed. :D

#22 Bearwere

Bearwere
  • Awaiting Authorisation
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

why don't you put the hotfixes in the official download?

#23 Chev

Chev

Knight of the Realms

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

Because CamDawg is busy with RL issues.

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4803 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:43 AM

Seems to be a typo in both this tp2 and the v6.

WRITE_SHORT ("%ho%"+(0x28*"%l%")+0x20) (("%ix%"-"%ec%")+0x02)

This is around line 20051 in a section with COPY_EXISTING ~sppr203.spl~ ~override~. Since %l% is not declared anywhere in the mod, should it be this?

WRITE_SHORT ("%ho%"+(0x28*"%i3%")+0x20) (("%ix%"-"%ec%")+0x02)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#25 geethreeuser

geethreeuser
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

Quick question:

here is my weidu log for BGfixpack v6 followed by the hotfix reinstall (everything but the "Optional But Cool: Mixed-Use Dagger 'Fixes'"), does it look like I didi the hotfix right?

log as follows:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: 6.1
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Super Happy Fun Lucky Modder Pack: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: 6.1

#26 erik

erik

Kobold sorcerer

• Modders
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

Looks fine.

#27 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:23 AM

Well, I would like to download those hotfixes, but I am "not allowed" to download the attachments (both the one in the first post and the docs at the end of the first page). Uh...? Why?

#28 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4803 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 03:42 AM

Well, I would like to download those hotfixes, but I am "not allowed" to download the attachments (both the one in the first post and the docs at the end of the first page). Uh...? Why?

Seems the attachments were broken with the forum update or something. Hopefully, someone can put it somewhere official, or if not I could probably upload it somewhere.

I think this is also in the BWP Fixpack on SHS, if you want to get it from there.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#29 Anomaly

Anomaly
  • Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:11 AM

Indeed, the fix is in the BWP FixPack. Thank you for the tip, Miloch ! :fish:

#30 Shaitan

Shaitan

Bad bad nurse.

• Members
  • 1733 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:12 AM

Hi!

I love you modders!

Now: Is there a chance of a fixpack version 7 within the next month?

Regards
"You're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly. If a strange man offers you a ride I say take It"
-Grandpa Simpson

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users