Song and Silence v9 Released

G3's anniversary celebration greets another day with version 9 of the Song and Silence mod. This mod adds many options to those who use rogues and bards in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, BG2: Shadows of Amn (with or without the expansion pack Throne of Bhaal), Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, and with the mod conversions Baldur's Gate Trilogy and Baldur's Gate Tutu. Version 9 adds full compatibility for IWDEE and features some minor bugfixes.

v9 Changelog:

• Added compatibility for IWDEE
  • Fixed bug where Nalia and Imoen would not get the S&S version of the Adventurer kit when used in conjunction with NPC Kitpack
  • The bard songs of the Gypsy and Dirgesinger have had their areas of effect upped to match the bardsong of Jesters (15' radius)
  • The curse spell of the Gypsy no longer reports 'Bless' on its target
  • The Gypsy bardsong can now be resisted by elven sleep/charm resistance (if installed from Fixpack or the EEs); the spell will also no longer apply effects or require saving throws from non-humanoids

Of course I missed this before starting a new IWD:EE game. Any chance of supporting IWD:EE for the additional items? Raul could spawn in Kuldahar and Lonelywood.

edit: also, you can install the store and items on iwd:ee :p i immediately uninstalled it, but I guess the tp2 doesn't block the option.

Edited by agris

Of course I missed this before starting a new IWD:EE game. Any chance of supporting IWD:EE for the additional items? Raul could spawn in Kuldahar and Lonelywood.

edit: also, you can install the store and items on iwd:ee :p i immediately uninstalled it, but I guess the tp2 doesn't block the option.

Whoops, that's definitely a mistake--I thought I had blocked it.

The main things keeping the Spine of the World a Raoul-free zone is his gossip lines. He has a few throwaway lines about what's going on, depending on whether he's in BG or BG2, and I don't think I can capture Grim's original writing style well enough to write new gossip for IWDEE.

The item description bams A!CBRTR.BAM and A!CBRSB.BAM are four frames and don't display correctly when inspecting the items. Only the first frame, which is a quarter of the image, displays. No other mod altered these images, and they're like this in the \song_and_silence\items folder as well.

FWIW, it looks like the steam sod-dlc package contains some bams with this error as well.

@Austin there is a mismatch in the credits between the version you atached here and the one you sent me. Please tell me again who did the translation so I can credit appropriately. Currently, it lists SubZero400 & yota13 in the mod package as specified in the package you attached here.

6 hours ago, jastey said:

@Austin there is a mismatch in the credits between the version you atached here and the one you sent me. Please tell me again who did the translation so I can credit appropriately. Currently, it lists SubZero400 & yota13 in the mod package as specified in the package you attached here.

These are two different versions of the translation (due to our inconsistency, we had two different people doing the missing lines, last year Alicia, and now yota13). You can include any in the mod. But it is desirable to indicate both in the credits, if possible. And also the author of the translation of the old version - SubZero400

Edited by Austin