The Beaurin Legacy Overview and FAQ

Overview

The Beaurin Legacy introduces a Neutral Evil Elven Enchanter/Thief and a hidden NPC to BGII:SoA and BGII:EE.

The mod includes custom portraits, a friendship track, numerous banters and interjections, encounters and quest(s), voicing for both NPCs (Minyae is fully voiced), a romance with a Bioware NPC - our favorite Red Wizard, player-initiated dialogues, and a custom friendship track theme.

Lastly, Minyae Beaurin can be found outside of the Crooked Crane in the City Gates.

FAQ

Q1: Where can I find Minyae?
A1: She can be found in front of the Crooked Crane.

Q2: Is there a romance with Minyae?
A2: No, but she does romance a Bioware NPC.

Q3: Is there any special places/requirements for Minyae's friendship talks?
A3: There is a player-initiated friendship talk, and there are talks after certain encounters and quests.

Q4: Is there any NPCs that I should take with me or avoid?
A4: No need to avoid any NPCs, but I would highly recommend taking Edwin with Minyae.

Q5: Minyae's name is a string of text and she is sputtering random lines, what do I do?
A5: Select her in the game and press the "K" key. This should fix the problem.

Q6: I'm level x, will she scale to my level?
A6: Depending on the PC's level, Minyae's experience may be 161000, 400000, 800000 or 1200000 experience points. So in other words, yes she will.

Q7: Minyae hasn't said anything to initiate her friendship track, why?
A7: You must finish her initial quest before she decides you are worth conversing with. ;)

Q8: Why is Minyae taking so long to begin or talk to her love interest?
A8: Minyae's talks with him does not go by a real-time timer, but the in-game timer. Meaning that she will speak to him in x amount of days in terms of the game's time. If you wish to speed it up "CTRL-T" is your best friend.

Q9: Where is this hidden NPC?
A9: Well, she is hidden...until Chapter 6. You'll know where to go when the time is right.

Edited by jmaeq

Wow, pay no attention to BG for two months and a new high quality mod pops out of nowhere? Maybe I should stay away more often! :)

I haven't gotten around to actually playing it yet (and probably won't until Christmas vacation) but what I've seen and heard so far makes me really excited to take Minyae on my next adventure.

The writing seems great, her bio alone already shows quite a bit of character, 3 (or 4) high quality portraits seems almost decadent when most mods can't even get one decent portrait and the voice acting/ recording is also excellent.

(Also, NPC-NPC romance and not throwing herself at charname but is a real upside at this point.)

The one question I have is, does the current version work as a stand-alone? What I mean by this is, does it have a decent "ending" within SoA?

There have just been too many good mods over the years with "ToB parts in the works" that never actually went there and I'd rather not have another NPC I'm fond of suddenly become all silent as soon as I enter ToB.

In any case, this looks great and I can't wait to play it.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by Ulb

Wow, pay no attention to BG for two months and a new high quality mod pops out of nowhere? Maybe I should stay away more often! :)

I haven't gotten around to actually playing it yet (and probably won't until Christmas vacation) but what I've seen and heard so far makes me really excited to take Minyae on my next adventure.

The writing seems great, her bio alone already shows quite a bit of character, 3 (or 4) high quality portraits seems almost decadent when most mods can't even get one decent portrait and the voice acting/ recording is also excellent.

(Also, NPC-NPC romance and not throwing herself at charname but is a real upside at this point.)

The one question I have is, does the current version work as a stand-alone? What I mean by this is, does it have a decent "ending" within SoA?

There have just been too many good mods over the years with "ToB parts in the works" that never actually went there and I'd rather not have another NPC I'm fond of suddenly become all silent as soon as I enter ToB.

In any case, this looks great and I can't wait to play it.

Thanks for all your hard work!

My timing was a little off, it should've came out today ;) Welcome back!

Thanks so much for your kind words, and I look forward to any feedback/suggestions whenever you get around to playing her.

In terms of an "ending" within SoA, there will be some questions left unanswered and I believe that the final encounter is not a pleasant one, so I am unsure if I can call it pleasant for an ending. Can it be considered a standalone? Er, yes and no (that's probably not what you wanted to hear). Yes, because there is something similar to an ending for it but at the same time, no because her quest isn't finished in SoA and continues in ToB. So the satisfaction of a quest completion will only be true in ToB.

Although, I do hope that I will be able to complete ToB by the end of this year or the beginning of the next.

Thanks again for your interest and your words!

Edited by jmaeq

Really liking this mod so far. Especially now, that there is another Thief character I can pick from, besides Jan.

Any chance for some crossbanter with other NPC mods btw?

Most definitely. I am currently working on some crossmod content with a few modders already :)

Really liking this mod so far. Especially now, that there is another Thief character I can pick from, besides Jan.

Any chance for some crossbanter with other NPC mods btw?

Most definitely. I am currently working on some crossmod content with a few modders already :)

Does this also include a romance conflict with the Edwin Romance Mod?

http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/edwin

:love:

I would like to be able to include conflicts with the Edwin Romance Mod, but I don't think I will be able to get in contact with its authors seeing as how their last active date was in 2016 and 2015. Perhaps I would be allowed to add additional dialogue on my accord but I am unsure if I have the permission to do so.

It's a good question, actually. I knew only one modder who would have forbitten another mod to even refer to his/her mods' content without consent. Normally, I would say you are allowed to refer to happenings of other mods as long as you do not add content to it. In this case, I'd say having Edwin and Minyae talking about Edwin's feelings towards the PC and Minyae would be alright, as long as you do not add a dialogue with PC reply options that sounds as if it's content of the Edwin romance, if it makes sense.

It's a good question, actually. I knew only one modder who would have forbitten another mod to even refer to his/her mods' content without consent. Normally, I would say you are allowed to refer to happenings of other mods as long as you do not add content to it. In this case, I'd say having Edwin and Minyae talking about Edwin's feelings towards the PC and Minyae would be alright, as long as you do not add a dialogue with PC reply options that sounds as if it's content of the Edwin romance, if it makes sense.

I think it makes sense, but just to clarify, I would be allowed to have my own dialogues between Minyae and Edwin about Edwin's romance with the PC. I could even have interjections in their dialogue, so long as it doesn't sound like it belongs to Edwin's romance mod or more specifically, as long as it does not sound like the authors' writing? So, if the PC (or Edwin for that matter) was forced to come to an ultimatum, I would not be able to bring up past conversations between the PC and Edwin. I hope I understood that correctly.

Interjecting into dialogues of another mod is not ok, as it will always be seen as content of the other mod. But having own dialogues from your mod NPC referring to other mod's content is a grey area I think is ok as long as your mod does not try to outwit/ridicule the other mod, or as I said above pretends to be content of it. If we are talking of another NPC mod then it would be not ok to introduce dialogues with this NPC that are not authorised (either directly or by a general author consent as it exists e.g. for Kelsey). In case of the Edwin Romance mod, this is not possible as Edwin is a BioWare NPC and the PC is representative of the players' decisions.

It's clear that you have an own interest in your mod's NPC romance to play out so if you are not able to reach the author of the Edwin romance mod I'd say it's justified to have a point of "player needs to decide" which romance continues.

For the player's interest (and your own), I would definitely let the PC, i.e. the player decide which romance he/she wants to be continued. That would mean a dialogue with PC replies in your mod but this way, noone can imply that you are putting your mod before another.

Edited by jastey

Interjecting into dialogues of another mod is not ok, as it will always be seen as content of the other mod. But having own dialogues from your mod NPC referring to other mod's content is a grey area I think is ok as long as your mod does not try to outwit/ridicule the other mod, or as I said above pretends to be content of it. If we are talking of another NPC mod then it would be not ok to introduce dialogues with this NPC that are not authorised (either directly or by a general author consent as it exists e.g. for Kelsey). In case of the Edwin Romance mod, this is not possible as Edwin is a BioWare NPC and the PC is representative of the players' decisions.

It's clear that you have an own interest in your mod's NPC romance to play out so if you are not able to reach the author of the Edwin romance mod I'd say it's justified to have a point of "player needs to decide" which romance continues.

For the player's interest (and your own), I would definitely let the PC, i.e. the player decide which romance he/she wants to be continued. That would mean a dialogue with PC replies in your mod but this way, noone can imply that you are putting your mod before another.

Ah, this makes much more sense. Thank you for the clarifications, it is much appreciated! :)