BG1: Problems and bug reports

berelinde

Guest Cythrea

If it can't be fixed without starting a new game, it's not a big deal. I wasn't planning on romancing Gavin, but needed a cleric for the group and thought he sounded good.

Initiating dialogue after recruiting him just results in "Hello there."

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #7 // Walking Speeds

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #50 // Avatar Morphing Script: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Commoners Use Drab Colors: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1110 // Add Map Notes: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs are never angry about reputation: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs don't fight: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3124 // Stop Haer'Dalis-Aerie romance from starting: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4080 // Make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (Domi): v9

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin for BG2: v19

~GAVIN_BG2/SETUP-GAVIN_BG2.TP2~ #0 #2 // Multi-romance cheat -> Normal romance kills: v19

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Beregost: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // The BG1 NPC Project: Make Shar-Teel Unkillable Until In Party: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #32 // The BG1 NPC Project: Check for TutuFix Walking Speeds: v18

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v18

~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin NPC for Tutu and BGT, 14April2008: v8

~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin: Romance (mature content): v8

~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #3 // Gavin: Check for Tutu-Fix Walking Speeds: v8

~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gavin: Alternate Portraits -> Original portrait by berelinde (default): v8

~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #10 // Gavin: Player Initiated Dialogue: v8

Yeah, you might just have to give Gavin a pass this round. I was hoping I'd see something obvious in your weidu.log, but besides the BG2 mod, there's nothing there that shouldn't be. One of these days, I'm really going to have to revise the tp2 to take advantage of the "GAME_IS" code to prevent installation on the wrong game.

That isn't what's causing your problem, though. The BG2 mod uses completey different resources.

I'd almost say that you got a corrupted download. Creature dialogue and sound file assignments happen in the tp2, but your game is acting as if it never happened.

One more thing you can try, and if that doesn't work, I've got nothing else to suggest.

Uninstall Gavin (the BG1 mod, NOT the BG2 mod). Delete the mod folder (gavin) from the installation directory. Download a fresh copy of the mod (necessary since the copy you have seems to be corrupted), and install that. If the problem persists, you'll know that you tried everything. At least if you ever do decide to start another Tutu game and want to recruit Gavin, it would work then.

It's a funny thing. After 5 years and thousands of downloads, every once in a while, you'll still come across something that makes you scratch your head and say "Huh. Wonder what's going on there."

I don't know if it is a bug or a mistake I made, but the romance doesn't progress past the fourth lovetalk (IE: I can't get the fifth). Also, Gavin doesn't flirt with my pc anymore. I still can flirt with him, however, so I don't think I ended the relationship incidentally. I tried downloading again the file and re-installing, but no luck. I also tried to keep the game open all night (thinking maybe I was imagining that the time had espired) but, again, no luck.

I would really like to continue the romance :( Any idea?

The fifth lovetalk requires staying overnight at an inn. :) There's a romance guide in the mod that tells you where the conditional talks are supposed to take place. You can check the status of the relationship with ShadowKeeper or the CLUAConsole by checking the value of B!GavinRomanceActive. It should be 1. If the romance was broken, you would have an option along the lines of "Can't we just kiss and make up" or something.

Ah, my mistake. I remembered that the fifth talk was conditional but apparently neglected to check the guide myself. (sighs)

If you are on Vista or Windows 7 and installed the game in its default location, Program Files, you aren't going to be able to use the console. Even running as an administrator with UAC turned off, neither OS will allow you to change *.ini files in the Program Files directory. Annoying, but a fact of life. If you were warned not to install in the Program Files directory or if you are running on XP, you would enable the CLUAConsole by following these steps.

1) Make sure that the game and all game-related utilities (Shadowkeeper, NI, etc) are not running

2) Navigate to your game directory and find the file baldur.ini

3) Right click on the file and choose "Open With>Notepad"

4) At the top, you should see [Program Options]

5) Immediately below that, type in "Debug Mode=1" without the quotes. It will look like this

[Program Options]

Debug Mode=1

(more stuff)

6) Save the file

7) Start the game, load your save, and pause the game.

8) Hold down the CTRL button and hit the SPACE bar

9) A window will open up at the bottom of the screen

10) Click in that window and type in "CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("B!GavinRomanceActive","GLOBAL")" without the quotes.

11) Hit enter and note the value that is displayed. It should be 1.

12) Hit enter again.

If you do have Vista or Windows 7, you're going to have to use ShadowKeeper to check the variable. That can be obtained here:

http://www.mud-master.com/shadowkeeper/

I'm not really awake enough to walk you through setting that up at this particular moment, so let's hope you're on XP. (I probably shouldn't be posting at all, as asleep as I am, but I know it's frustrating to keep a game on hold while you try to get a question answered.)

Don't worry, I have time^^ And, again, you are an angel. I am in Italy, so it is afternoon for me :p And I don't want to keep you up^^ Don't worry

I have windows 7, but apparently I can use the clua, and it said that the variable is indeed 1. I don't understand why I have the romance on hold :(

Oh... if you're using ToBEx (Ascension64, you are my hero), it looks as if Debug Mode=1 is enabled automatically. At least I think it's that mod.

Regardless of the reason, you should be able to check other globals.

Did Gavin begin a dialogue that began ~If it isn't too inconvenient, do you think we might be able to spend a couple days off in the woods somewhere, sometime soon? I have a sudden desire to feel the breeze on my face, and to have birdsong in my ears.~?

Anyway, what is the value of Global("B!GavinLovetalk","GLOBAL")?

You would type in "CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("B!GavinLovetalk","GLOBAL")

Let's make sure the conditons were right...

These are the conditions

InParty(Myself)

!StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

RealGlobalTimerExpired("X#DreamTalk","GLOBAL")

!StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)

TimeOfDay(DAY)

AreaType(OUTDOOR)

Global("B!GavinLovetalk","GLOBAL",9)

RealGlobalTimerExpired("B!GavinLovetalkTime","GLOBAL")

Global("B!GaLT5","GLOBAL",0)

Global("B!GavinLTCheck","GLOBAL",0)

!Detect([ENEMY])

See(Player1)

CombatCounter(0)

Global("B!GavinRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

!Global("B!GavinWoman","GLOBAL",1) //Gavin won't conduct his romance while he's female

!Global("B!GavinQuietLover","GLOBAL",1)

!Global("X#AjantisCoranChallenge","GLOBAL",1)

You haven't told Gavin to shut up or not pay you so much attention, have you?

Also, you need to camp out during the day. Camping out at night won't help.

Would you mind checking the other variables? They are

Global("B!GaLT5","GLOBAL") //this should return as "variable does not exist"

Global("B!GavinLTCheck","GLOBAL") //ditto

Global("B!GavinWoman","GLOBAL") //ditto

Global("B!GavinQuietLover","GLOBAL") //ditto

Global("X#AjantisCoranChallenge","GLOBAL") //ditto

Now, unless I did it and don't remember (pushing the wrong button, maybe...) no, I shouldn't have asked Gavin nothing of the sort o.o' Yes, I know about night/day^^ it is in the Romance Guide as well^^

Global("B!GaLT5","GLOBAL"): variable doesn't exist

Global("B!GavinLTCheck","GLOBAL"): variable is set to 0

Global("B!GavinWoman","GLOBAL") : variable doesn't exist.

Global("B!GavinQuietLover","GLOBAL"): variable doesn't exist.

Global("X#AjantisCoranChallenge","GLOBAL"): variable doesn't exist

The talk was about drawing, IIRC. There would have been a followup talk in the morning about tea.

I mention the part about the time of day because it isn't always easy to gauge what time of day it really is.

If you want to force the talk and just get on with it, type the folloing into the console and initiate dialogue with Gavin. Your party will rest at the end of it. Make sure that you are in a forested area so that the town guards don't chase you away.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("B!GavinLovetalk","GLOBAL",10)

I'm guessing that you may have rested at the wrong time of day initially and then reinstallation created a hiccup in the script, but it's impossible to say.

Do you have the BG1 NPC Projct installed? Just a cuiriosity question.