The Solemn Vow...

Domi

Fair enough, and it ought to be interesting to see how she handles her attraction (of whatever nature) to the protagonist...

Regardless, I also wanted to say thanks to all the modders working on this one, I'm loving the banters - as it was with BGII, makes me want to play through with all manner of variations of party members.

Not to mention offensive.

Hating men=/=lesbianism.  Lesbianism=/=hating men.

Meh. Goes down to nature vs. nurture, but regardless of the cause the character can be anything the writer makes of it (and sometimes that just might be cliche/generalization, as long as the back story makes sense it's all good). I promise not to be personally offended... although my character might be.

well, we are building in the appropriate conflicts into the romances, and using multiple non-traditional variables to govern the romances. So the curious ones will have to do some extra modding to build a multiple-romance patch for BG1NPC :)

Question about these multiple non traditional romance values.

Will we still be able to check the romance progress using shadowkeeper?

Obviously if you want to prevent people from doing multi-romances that is perfectly fine, but I was wondering if this would effect the rest of us tring to monitor the romance to make sure nothing goes wrong

Yes, you will still be able to check the variables via the Shadow Keeper.

What I am planning to do when Phase III is released is to publish a BG1NPC Romance Guide of sorts, which would include Solaufein-like list of the first lines of all talks, under which circumstances they occur and general tips on romancing each NPC.

The easiest way to tell that the NPC has interrupted the romance will be by flirt menue replaced by the standard 'friendly' menue.

I would also like to integrate a Journal message that PC and NPC has broken up (the last breath of the ambitious plan to track the romance progress via journal, heh).

>What I am planning to do when Phase III is released is to publish a BG1NPC Romance Guide of sorts, which would include Solaufein-like list of the first lines of all talks, under which circumstances they occur and general tips on romancing each NPC.

>The easiest way to tell that the NPC has interrupted the romance will be by flirt menue replaced by the standard 'friendly' menue.

>I would also like to integrate a Journal message that PC and NPC has broken up (the last breath of the ambitious plan to track the romance progress via journal, heh).

Wow, it seems like you're puting more work into these romances than bioware did.

Great ideas, although the journal tracking of non-major events in the romance might be excessive

Thank you, we aim to please. Fan-made romance are usually larger than BioWARE's (after all BioWARE's writers only got 2 weeks tops to develop a romanceable character).

What's peculiar to this project is a complex romantic challenges for male suitors of fair PC. We are very proud of it and I think it beats BioWARE's catfights hands down (we still need to code it though... :) )

What i wanted for Imoen Romance was a dynamic system of a couple of paths. It wasn't the same as the Bioware ones where it basically went in a line from a to b to c pretty much. More like a the chaos theory on a tight leash.

The reason is because if it would be likely for anyone, it would be imo Imoen as the character would have the most in-depth relationship with her to start out with. Everyone else, even to an extent Jaheria and Khalid, don't have that same level of starting BG intimacy,

It was based on some small project I saw, but that was so long ago and i lost the code and now I can't remember what it was so it may not happen. :undecided:

Archived