Overview of LoI

Tameon: heh no, none of those are characters currently planned for LoI, they are just a few ideas for the types of NPCs I wouldn't mind someone writing for us. Of course I'm open to any other good idea someone has :D As for Tiax, I suppose he could somehow escape from Spellhold early on, but later gets recaptured. Or something. :D

Stinky_ogre: that should certainly prove interesting to write! And quite suitable considering your username :D Anyay, you'll probably want the stats for half-Ogres:

Half-ogre

This hybrid comes from ogre and human parents. They average 7-8'tall, have ruddy complexions, dark hair, and dark eyes. They look like huge humans. Half-ogres can be Fighters, Barbarians or Clerics, and cannot be multi-classed. They can be any alignment.

Ability scores:

STR: 14-18, +1 adjustment

DEX: 13-12

CON: 14-18, +1 adjustment

INT: 3-12, -1 adjustment

WIS: 3-12, -1 adjustment

CHA: 3-8

Thieving skill adjustments:

-5% Pick Pockets

+5% Open Locks

-5% Move Silently

-5% Hide In Shadows

-10% Detect Illusion

Other:

- natural AC of 8

- -4 AC penalty when attacked by small creatures (dwarves, gnomes, halflings, goblins, kobolds, etc).

- +1 to attack rolls and damage with warhammers (in other words, that's their favoured weapon)

- 60' Infravision

Edited by NiGHTMARE
Tameon: heh no, none of those are characters currently planned for LoI, they are just a few ideas for the types of NPCs I wouldn't mind someone writing for us.  Of course I'm open to any other good idea someone has :D As for Tiax, I suppose he could somehow escape from Spellhold early on, but later gets recaptured.  Or something. :D

:D Dangit!

Perhaps we can have this tie in with me and my team's mod, its practically a TC.

I dont wanna drag you to the forum or anything, theres been VERY little progress made.

If either of these mods are ever finished, we might be able to dual them togethor to create some kind of super module :D !

OK, ill just give a basic overview of my mod real quick here

YOU basically are sarevok, YOU get left behind in the temple of Bhaal, YOU are the one who must live a life on the streets through childhood and join the Iron Throne.

As this is a forum of LoI, i wont wanna get into anything by boring you guys, but i wish you luck with your project, hopefully all our plans will be fullfilled by the time we are all, hmm... 90?

Perhaps we can have this tie in with me and my team's mod, its practically a TC.

I dont wanna drag you to the forum or anything, theres been VERY little progress made.

Yes Bryad, we know about your mod. :D

If either of these mods are ever finished, we might be able to dual them togethor to create some kind of super module  :D !

We'll probably release some sort of standalone thing first of all with subraces and kits, which should be compstible with things like Tutu and your mod.

As this is a forum of LoI, i wont wanna get into anything by boring you guys, but i wish you luck with your project, hopefully all our plans will be fullfilled by the time we are all, hmm... 90?

Well, I'm personally hoping we''ll be done before then. Thanks for your well-wishes.

Okay, I haven't started work, yet, but I have a plan for 2 NPCs. One's going to be a good aligned Necromancer, but I haven't decided on the race yet. The other is the half-ogre, though I haven't decided wheter I want him to be stupid or smart. What do you guys think/want?

What race for the necromancer?

What intelligence for the Ogre?

Half Ogres recieve +1 str, +1 con, -1 int, -1 cha. They have the following stat ranges after bonus point modifications:

STR: 14-18 DEX: 3-12 CON: 14-19 INT: 3-12 WIS: 2-12 CHA: 2-8

I can send you more info on Half-Ogres as a playable race. The file is ~84kb in .pdf format.

What race for the necromancer?

What intelligence for the Ogre?

Necro: A gnome that has forsaken his race's tradition (it is not a trait per se right) to become an illusionist and joined 'the dark side' of necromancy. :D

Ogre: Stupid and cunning, but not as kind as Minsc. Perhaps a shaman type. I know he is a goblin, but the one that lead the attack on Targos, Caballus IIRC, had this excellent dancing animation. :D

My 2 cents anyway

Heya,

- The Tel'Teukiira (Khelben's newly formed Harper splinter group, who're especially interested in the "prophecies of Alaundo")

Hate to be the one to break this to you, but... You're a couple of years too "early" for this split with the Harpers.

The Moonstars split away from the Harpers in The Year of the Unstrung Harp (1371 DR). BG2:SOA/TOB occurs over the summer of The Year of the Gauntlet (1369 DR). :D (Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, pg 271)

I don't mind, because you're wrong! :D The split is first detailed in the last ever official 2nd Edition source book (and I believe the first ever D&D-related book published by Wizards of the Coast), Cloak & Dagger, and as you probably know, official 2E only goes up to the end of 1370. More importantly the book specifically stats that the group was formed around the beginning of 1370 :D 1371 is probably simply the year the Harpers actually became aware of the Tel'Teukiira's existence.

I'm afraid you (and also, it seems, WoTC :D) are also wrong about which year BG2 is set during; once again it's 1370. Read the "Amn of today" section of Book II of the Lands of Intrigue boxed set (with 'today' being 1370), and you'll find that nearly everything it mentions up to and including the 16th of Eleasias is the news the SoA towncriers give you.

Of course this also means that SoA is actually supposed to take course over an entire 7 months! Starting during Hammer 1370 and finishing in the middle of Eleasias.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Heya,

I don't mind, because you're wrong! :D The split is first detailed in the last ever official 2nd Edition source book (and I believe the first ever D&D-related book published by Wizards of the Coast), Cloak & Dagger,  and as you probably know, official 2E only goes up to the end of 1370.  More importantly the book specifically stats that the group was formed around the beginning of 1370 :D 1371 is probably simply the year the Harpers actually became aware of the Tel'Teukiira's existence.

Cloak and Dagger is one FR 2nd Ed Product I really really wanted, but I have been unable to procure. I will conceed that the group may have formed before the "official split" occured. :D

I'm afraid you (and also, it seems, WoTC :D) are also wrong about which year BG2 is set during; once again it's 1370.  Read the "Amn of today" section of Book II of the Lands of Intrigue boxed set (with 'today' being 1370), and you'll find that nearly everything it mentions up to and including the 16th of Eleasias is the news the SoA towncriers give you.

Of course this also means that SoA is actually supposed to take course over an entire 7 months! Starting during Hammer 1370 and finishing in the middle of Eleasias.

First of all, the Baldur's Gate saga is officially non-canon, therefore WotC has no official standing on when the BG saga occured, let alone the events of the games. It has no official mention in any Realms product, so my information concerning the date doesn't come from the FRCS or any other official Realms product. :D However, like pretty much all Bioware FR products, they have many of their Realms facts wrong - so it wouldn't surprise me if they got things offset by a year.

As to the exact date? :D I went in and checked a save right near the end of SoA, and the date in the journal was definitely Kythorn 1369, which is the middle of summer and therefore the middle of 1369 (strange Northern Hemisphere places that have summer in the middle of the year... *mutters*)

Actually BG1, SoA and ToB, or rather the novelizations of them, are canon :D BG1 and SoA are even mentioned in the official D&D timeline, and as you can see it lists 1369 for BG2. :D

As for the date, I believe to fix this problem all you need to do is edit years.2da in a text editor and change 1369 to 1370. :D

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Heya,

Actually BG1, SoA and ToB, or rather the novelizations of them, are canon :D BG1 and SoA are even mentioned in the official D&D timeline, and as you can see it lists 1369 for BG2. :D

LOL. 1369? Hmm... I was right. :D Seriously, though, I believe that TSR/WotC policy regarding computer games is that they're not canon. I don't have proof of that available to link right now, but I'm looking for it. :D I will post the results of my research either way. Give me a day or two. :D

As for the date, I believe to fix this problem all you need to do is edit years.2da in a text editor and change 1369 to 1370. :D

And then contradict your source? :D