BG2:EE

7 replies to this topic

#1 erik

erik

Kobold sorcerer

• Modders
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

So, anyone tried on BG2:EE yet? How horribly does it break?

#2 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2624 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

I did now. Installed on both EE & EE2, works fine, descriptions are correctly updated as well. Just update your Weidu to 236 so setup can find game directory. 

You might want to tweak Dwarven Defender kit; even if it's outside the mod's scope; since he can gain >100 DR with non-modified FP&PS install.

#3 erik

erik

Kobold sorcerer

• Modders
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

Thanks. Better take a look at that, yes... my kludge tries to limit resistances to =<100, but I'm not too confident about how well it works.

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4782 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

Welcome back, erik. May I interest you in updating L1NPCs for EE while you're at it? ;)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#5 erik

erik

Kobold sorcerer

• Modders
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

Hah! Good luck with that, old half-orc. Not been fireballed by the local adventurers yet? :D

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modders
  • 4782 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

Hah! Good luck with that, old half-orc. Not been fireballed by the local adventurers yet? :D

Yes, but fortunately my fire resistance is rather high (asbestos hide).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp

• Modders
  • 6131 posts
  • Location:The town where the dead haven't keeled over, yet. In Finland.

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

Well the thing is, most of the visible players(here and in SHSforums) still play the original BG2 with the natural born 500 or so mods that are compatible with it (via BWS), which protects the modders from fireball attacks like a great wall of silence, but that shouldn't lessen our resolve to update the old mods to be fully EE compatible(as long as the old compatibility is respected).
The Level1NPCs for EE's is a harder nut to crack, as my eyes get glazed over somewhere between the .tp2 file line number 1 and 1000, of the total 18764 lines. I even ones went so far as to make the mod partially compatible with the Classic Adventures Total Conversion mod, of course then the rest of the mod didn't work(in the non-CA NPCs), but that didn't matter for the time being and I wanted to change one characters class, also I had no intention to publish it, and I gave all the data that I gathered for that to the possible audience.
Welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand.
Here's how to install all the ... mods you ever really could want to Infinity Engine games. I removed the stable word from there as Roxanne began to add BS mods that are likely to break compatibility from the BWS.

#8 darley

darley
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:26 PM

I took it upon myself to update it for EE;

http://forums.beamdo...nd-bg2-ee?new=1

All the new armours I know of should get patched now and it'll update the spells SCS implements to handle pre-casting.

Hope you don't mind erik and feel free to ask for it back if you want.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users