bg1re Bugthread

Version 2.6 is up. Changes are:

-"Girdle of Gender Reactions" fixed Kivans PC M->F reaction. TotSC: All interjections of other NPC will show for Minsc's girdle change
-"The Honest Lies of Two Riversides" journal entry about Brage will no longer be doubled (entry added by mod matches the original one). Stone pepple now gives the real spell "Blur" with AC and saving throw bonuses, for 120 s.
-(TotSC) "Sil's Blessing" Sil can only be talked to once for her blessing.
-(TotSC) "The Messenger" All lines of Dawn Priest Blaise will now show in dialogue (rearranged CHAIN syntax a bit)
- "Husam's Personal Preparation" Husam will disappear after PC descended into the maze to follow Sarevok (is in changelog for v2.0 but wasn't present yet)

Edited by jastey

Version 2.7 is up. CHanges are:

-(German version) "The Messenger": text of Dawn Priest Blaise does not display lines from setup.tra
-List of Serious Encounters and Quests added to readme
-readme renamed to unique name "bg1re.readme.english.txt"
-update to WeiDU v246

Guest Avandra

Hi! Been having an issue while installing version 2.7 on BGEE on Steam (run on Windows 10 OS). I ran modmerge and then installed this mod and I keep getting this error message:

ERROR: Failure("Modmerge is required before mods can be installed on this game. Check the readme for more information and a link to download Modmerge.")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-BG1RE.DEBUG and look for support at: Please post in the G3 forum for help, refer to readme.

I "cheated" a backup of the file as requested (by just copying and pasting it and changing the copy extension to SETUP-BG1RE.DEBUG.bak, I'm a bit of a troglodyte when it comes to computers), ran modmerge again and I got the same error message. Don't know what else to do. Is there any advice you could give me? As I said I'm no good with computers so I'm quite sure I must have done something wrong at some point, but any help would be most welcome!

Oh. That "modmerge is needed" warning is something I took from a very experienced modder so I'd assume it does what it is supposed to. You are not on a Windows OS?

This is in the bg1re.tp2:

Spoiler

ACTION_IF ((FILE_EXISTS ~dlc/sod-dlc.zip~) OR (FILE_EXISTS ~sod-dlc.zip~)) THEN BEGIN
  FAIL ~Modmerge is required before mods can be installed on this game. Check the readme for more information and a link to download Modmerge.~
END

Question: Did you mod the game earlier (including modmerge), then let it update ("revert to a clean install"), and then modded anew, starting with Modmerge? Because in that scenario there were problems with Modmerge pretending to have run but it somehow didn't. Have a look here about what you can do.

Guest Avandra
17 hours ago, jastey said:

Oh. That "modmerge is needed" warning is something I took from a very experienced modder so I'd assume it does what it is supposed to. You are not on a Windows OS?

This is in the bg1re.tp2:

Hide contents

ACTION_IF ((FILE_EXISTS ~dlc/sod-dlc.zip~) OR (FILE_EXISTS ~sod-dlc.zip~)) THEN BEGIN
  FAIL ~Modmerge is required before mods can be installed on this game. Check the readme for more information and a link to download Modmerge.~
END

Question: Did you mod the game earlier (including modmerge), then let it update ("revert to a clean install"), and then modded anew, starting with Modmerge? Because in that scenario there were problems with Modmerge pretending to have run but it somehow didn't. Have a look here about what you can do.

Yes, that's exactly what happened! I tried the solution you mentioned and it worked, thank you so much!

Hey. 

I think you might want to take a look at Alec's (dude from 'A Childhood Friend' component) stats, behavior and equipment in prologue area. There's a couple of problems from metagaming standpoint:

1) He's made out of copy of Firebead Elvenhair. Thus he has 49 HP, which makes very little sense from story perspective.

2) He won't turn hostile if you attack him. In fact, he won't do anything at all, leaving you to wail on him at your leisure.

3) He's worth 2700 exp, thus offering a free level-up for a more morally ambiguous character.

4) He drops a free robe to boot.

5) If you kill him as he walks away to his next destination (e.g., Temple of Oghma), there will be another Alec waiting there to be chopped for exp and another free robe.

Proposed solutions: make him a custom multi-class mage 1/priest 1. Remove his robes; create any further Alecs only after previous one successfully despawns (presumably unharmed). Make him turn hostile if he's damaged by party member in any way.

Otherwise enjoying this mod very much. The writing is superb.

It's just that I'm building this Ultimatest BG Adventure Ever for my best friend, and Alec is the first NPC any player will see when starting a new game. And if any harm comes to him by any accident, there goes the suspension of disbelief (and 15 GB of carefully stacked mods one won't bother to check out as well, I guess).

Edited by n-ghost

I'm having an odd sort of bug with BG1RE. I've started in Candlekeep, and the NPCs come in pairs for some reason. There's the NPC that you're supposed to talk to to trigger the dialog, and there's this clone of them standing right next to them that is clearly not supposed to be there.

Sometimes I've reloaded the game, only to meet with three Alec's at the same time! Is anyone else having this problem? I've installed this mod through the EE Mod Setup, running the game on v1.3, by the way.

Edited by TheGoldenMeme
Guest Fluke13

Found a bug... apologies for being vague, it's late and wanted to post before I forget. I can follow up with more detail if needed.

The bug is the event with the soldier in Nashkel, at least one conversation tree ends in "no valid responses". I think it's when you ask if you should take his shoes off.

Possibly when you're talking to Bardolan,

Spoiler

if advancing the romance you can ask "You want me to remove your boots, too?" at state 76 in C#BARDOL.dlg.

It works fine on my install though.. maybe related to descriptive text.