IR v4 Beta (last update 20 June 2017)

How exactly does this new ranged backstabbing work? on a fighter/assassin, with a x3 multiplier listed for my composite longbow (I disabled the penalties in settings.ini), it's not triggering a backstab at all.

this was tested on a gibberling outside candlekeep, from both melee range and across the screen. I met all of the backstab requirements as far as I know, it just doesnt seem to work.

How exactly does this new ranged backstabbing work? on a fighter/assassin, with a x3 multiplier listed for my composite longbow (I disabled the penalties in settings.ini), it's not triggering a backstab at all.

this was tested on a gibberling outside candlekeep, from both melee range and across the screen. I met all of the backstab requirements as far as I know, it just doesnt seem to work.

Are you sure you are attacking from behind the enemy? Afaik this component works fine because a few testers used it and reprted feedback on it.

Yes, i'm attacking from behind the enemy, while hiding. I tried this again with a fresh install of bgee, with only this particular tweak installed, on a single class theif. the multiplier is listed as x2, penalties are disabled, and still no backstab. :(

edit: I tried re-enabling penalties, and bumping my multiplier up with eekeeper. Its listed as x8, still not working, even with a shortbow.

Edited by trotzor

Yes, i'm attacking from behind the enemy, while hiding. I tried this again with a fresh install of bgee, with only this particular tweak installed, on a single class theif. the multiplier is listed as x2, penalties are disabled, and still no backstab. :(

edit: I tried re-enabling penalties, and bumping my multiplier up with eekeeper. Its listed as x8, still not working, even with a shortbow.

Maybe it works only with ToBEx and they didn't enabled the tweak for EE. I'll try to check it on both installs...

Edited by Demivrgvs

Do you get a string displayed? I.e. "Your weapon is not suitable for backstab" or similar?

Nope. It just does regular damage, no errors/messages of any kind aside from the hit/damage rolls.

If it doesnt work on EE, thats fine, I dont mind playing classic :p