Erasing Journals

vanatos

Hi just a question.

I gather the journal in EE is operating under a new system.

I've noticed that there are sometimes journals, with no entry.

I believe that journals were added during the normal course of a game, and in the game files at some point many EraseJournal were called, which erased the journal entries but not the tab (so it seems empty when you click).

So what is the new method to totally erase a journal group from the logs?

Hi just a question.

I gather the journal in EE is operating under a new system.

I've noticed that there are sometimes journals, with no entry.

I believe that journals were added during the normal course of a game, and in the game files at some point many EraseJournal were called, which erased the journal entries but not the tab (so it seems empty when you click).

So what is the new method to totally erase a journal group from the logs?

It is still EraseJournalEntry(ref) and must be done for all entries under a header.

Maybe you relate to entries made by mods where the underlying text was not formatted according to new EE layout?

Hmm i've noticed, by using NearInfinity that many quests have a later header entry with no description (just the title i guess) in tlk.

When i include this in the huge bunch of EraseJournalEntry, it properly deletes from the journal.

Maybe this last string ref that only has the header is important for the grouping and needs to be deleted too?

Hmm i've noticed, by using NearInfinity that many quests have a later header entry with no description (just the title i guess) in tlk.

When i include this in the huge bunch of EraseJournalEntry, it properly deletes from the journal.

Maybe this last string ref that only has the header is important for the grouping and needs to be deleted too?

By which means?

When you add a journal entry with header and text, you do that by one reference

e.g

ADD_JOURNAL @11 USING blabla.tra.

In the tra you have @11 with the header (double line feed) text etc...

When you have a second journal entry with exactly the same header, it is grouped under that single header.

The splitting by the game is transparent for you, i.e. you have no means to refer to header and text individually to erase them.

At least for modded journal entries, this is the current status to my knowledge. Of course the vanilla stuff may work differently.

PS - At least for the journal entries from my mod, this is how it works. Maybe there is something different with those you experience?

My case was for Vanilla entries sorry.

I corrected it by manually adding in the last entry in the TLK, for example 'Farmers Tale' gets left over in my game with no description just an empty grouping.

When i added the last string ref in the TLK with 'Farmers Tale' which had no description but just the header, it deletes.

Well anyway the issue is solved for me so its fine thanks.

Archived