In the Beginning....

Sevariat

....creó Dios los cielos y la tierra.

Errr, wait. Wrong subject, wrong language.

Actually, what I was wondering is: How does Delainy's relationship with the PC start out? In most mods, and with the Bioware NPC's especially, you've got this long "getting to know you" period to start out (with the exception of Jaheira, with whom you have a *really* long "defining the relationship" period). But what about Delainy? See, from what I recall playing Tales of the Sword Coast, the two have definitely already got a bit of a spark going. If memory serves, she kisses you goodbye when you leave the island.

Of course, this sort of history could lead to all sorts of things at first, from flirtiness to awkwardness to Heaven knows what kind of relationship. But we're definitely not in "just friends" territory.

I'm also curious as to how Jaheira and Minsc will react- I'm guessing you'll make the assumption that they accompanied Everyone's Favorite Bhaalspawn to the island? And what will Imoen say about it when you rescue her from Spellhold and....there's Delainy? I'm assuming they noticed the "spark" between their leader and Delainy back on the island, as you'd have to be oblivious not to. (Though I suppose this means Minsc may have no idea. :)) This should be especially interesting with Jaheira if she's already becoming a bit "interested" in her former ward, because she'll *know* Delainy is a threat!

I can't tell you about the interrelationship dialogues (as I haven't seen them as of yet), but I can tell you this: even from the start, you're slightly out of the 'just friends' "zone". And I can tell you that, if my guess is any good, you won't be disappointed.

PS: What's the spanish thingy about god creating the world?

PS: What's the spanish thingy about god creating the world?

It's a joke done in spanish based on the start of Genesis when the earth was without form and void, and playing off the title of the topic.

Spoilers to follow:

Actually, what I was wondering is: How does Delainy's relationship with the PC start out? In most mods, and with the Bioware NPC's especially, you've got this long "getting to know you" period to start out (with the exception of Jaheira, with whom you have a *really* long "defining the relationship" period). But what about Delainy? See, from what I recall playing Tales of the Sword Coast, the two have definitely already got a bit of a spark going. If memory serves, she kisses you goodbye when you leave the island.

The relationship is as Lord Ernie stated...just a little beyond the friendship stage. Delainy is taking it nice and slow, though since werewolves do tend to mate for life (like wolves). This isn't a problem if their other mate is a werewolf, since their togetherness is enhanced by instinct...with a human? Well, if a human proves traitorous...well, it ends in tears...the human torn in half, and the werewolf shedding tears.

And what will Imoen say about it when you rescue her from Spellhold and....there's Delainy?

Something does get said, though more commentary is planned special for ToB...the idea being most of the relationships end up in ambiguity towards the end of SoA.

I'm also curious as to how Jaheira and Minsc will react- I'm guessing you'll make the assumption that they accompanied Everyone's Favorite Bhaalspawn to the island?

Or else they heard about it from the Bhaalspawn. But Jaheira will react based on how far the relationship gets. Though not written, there will be conflicts with the BioWare three (much as they jab at each other).

Minsc will react more in ToB...and the same could be extended to Viconia, and Edwin...

It's a joke done in spanish based on the start of Genesis when the earth was without form and void, and playing off the title of the topic.

Heh, and I thought it was my Spanish that was out of order. I should've gotten that one. Quite a nice joke, at that.

I can't tell you about the interrelationship dialogues (as I haven't seen them as of yet), but I can tell you this: even from the start, you're slightly out of the 'just friends'  "zone". And I can tell you that, if my guess is any good, you won't be disappointed.

I *know* I won't be disappointed, just from what I've already seen here.

Heh, and I thought it was my Spanish that was out of order. I should've gotten that one. Quite a nice joke, at that.

Do latin foo! I got it first time with that! ;)

Well, if a human proves traitorous...well, it ends in tears...the human torn in half, and the werewolf shedding tears.

I probably should have asked this in a new thread, but since I found some of the answers I was looking for here..

Does the above spell bad news for anyone who goes astray in the romantic encounters mod? I assume Del has a very developed sense of smell.

(gah, I messed up the names!)

Does the above spell bad news for anyone who goes astray in the romantic encounters mod? I assume Bri has a very developed sense of smell.

Some of the encounters can lead to violence...though it doesn't need to end that way (such as if the player sleeps with Phaere in SoA...and there are plans with the prostitute in ToB in Saradush (that is considered a Del-interjection, and those will get done after the NPC banters are finished)).

Archived