Request : Buckler + Bow

Guest Guest

In the description of the buckler it says you can use it together with ranged weapons like bows and crossbows but when you try that BG complains about a two handed weapon . Could you make it work like in the description?

If you change the item type of a buckler to a weapon then it'll be equippable in the weapon slots. The bigger question is why?

edit: Forgot about the animation. It may cause crashes because the paperdoll and/or avatar may not support a primary-hand buckler animation. This is also the problem with trying to make crossbows one-handed.

I may have a solution. :rolleyes:

Make bows one - handed weapons, and remove buckler animations.

This way you could use them together, and trying to use a real shield with one would be impossible still (as the animation would crash the game).

You could always make an item called "bow & buckler", which functions in exactly the same as a normal bow except it grants you an AC bonus... :rolleyes:

EDIT: oh, of course the buckler wouldn't be visislbe on your character, but then you have to ask yourself whether you'd prefer the AC, or the animation :D.

This makes sense. In my (RL) experience it is possible to use a bow with a small shield, and quite nice as archers are so vulnerable! I don't know much about coding, but I would love to see this implemented somehow. :rolleyes:

Archived