426 replies to this topic

#1 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs

The Laughing Man

• Modders
  • 5548 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:29 AM

Testing main goals are:
1) finding and fixing any bug/issue we may found (for a polished official release)
2) playtesting of the new features
3) Store Revisions review
4) eventual refinements of specific items

1) Simple as that. The more we find now the more polished the official release will be.

2) There's quite a few global changes with noticeable impact on gameplay:
- Revised Armor (Is physical resistance a good and functional addition? Does weapon speed factor finally play a real role in the game? How do you feel about armor's speed factor penalties? etc.)
- Revised Backstabbing (how do you feel about the currently used values? Is ranged backstab a valuable new addition or not?)
- Critical Hit Aversion (how dramatically does it affect game balance?)
- Weapon Changes (how do you feel about the whole system? do you think slings should have STR bonus? etc.)

3) With your help I'd like to compile a comprehensive list of Arda's changes, and eventually refine some re-allocation if needed.

Ideally it would be great to get the following for shops/vendors:
- main "role" (e.g. general store, fletcher, armor smith, alchemist, fence, etc.)
- for each shop "role" a list of what can generally be found
- for each unique shop/vendor a list of semi-unique or unique items
And the following for both shops/vendors and re-allocations:
- new locations (e.g. creature x now wears/wields item y, store x now has item y)

4) IR has reached a state where I think 90% of items are as good/unique as they can be, but there's always room for improvement. I already have a small list of things I'd like to discuss, and I'll post them later.

View on GitHub

Spoiler

Edited by Mike1072, 19 May 2016 - 06:56 PM.

#2 yarpen

yarpen
  • Members
  • 1339 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

If you want someone to test it in BG2:EE (Black Pits, it uses 80% of SoA items) then I'm in!

#3 Sergio

Sergio
  • Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:18 AM

Good luck to all testers involved and thanks for Demiurgus for this great new! :D

#4 Salk

Salk
  • Modders
  • 2861 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:16 AM

How can BGT compatibility be tested if Mike1072 has not yet brought in his changes, by the way?

And what about 1PP v4?

I join Sergio wishing good luck to all those involved in testing. Thanks Demi.

#5 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs

The Laughing Man

• Modders
  • 5548 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

@Yarpen, sure man, you also know a bit of modding which is a good thing to both track down issues and suggest tweaks.

@Beta testers, I'm sending you a PM (right now) with the link to my dropbox where I uploaded the current build. If you don't receive any PM within a couple of hours and you are interested on helping me just write me here or via PM.

The build I've uploaded right now includes everything mentioned here, and it's pretty much the same build which has recently leaked from Arda's git repo (except few fixes regarding 1PP stuff). Within my internal build I'm working on TONS of small changes to specific items (will post about them later this afternoon), but testing them is not as important as everything else (Revised Armor, Store Revisions, BGEE compatibility, etc.) thus feel free to start testing if you wish. Else, you can wait for those changes to be implemented after some discussion.

- How can BGT compatibility be tested if Mike1072 has not yet brought in his changes, by the way?
- And what about 1PP v4?

- other than very few "overlapping" items (such as World's Edge & Harbinger) I don't think there's much to be tested, am I wrong? Anyway, I prefer to start doing some testing on what we have rather than waiting for Mike and Arda. I do hope they manage to find some time to help me, but in the meanwhile I want to do something rather than just "wait" like we did the last 6 months.
- I tried to handle compatibility with 1PP v4 myself re-working on helmet and shield animations, but the beta testing can surely help detecting eventual issues (e.g. wrong animation displayed). BGEE uses 1PP by default, thus any beta tester using BGEE will help on this matter.

#6 Darkersun

Darkersun
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

Sadly I'cannot access PMs. Still have no permission. I would gladly test with BG2EE.

#7 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs

The Laughing Man

• Modders
  • 5548 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

Sadly I'cannot access PMs. Still have no permission. I would gladly test with BG2EE.

I asked the admin and hopefully this issue will be fixed. Ironically I have the same problem since I changed my profile e-mail. :(

#8 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs

The Laughing Man

• Modders
  • 5548 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

With Arda partially back and beta testers actively helping me it's time to prepare for updating the beta with both Arda's stuff and mine announced changes. When it comes to the former, there's something I discussed with beta testers and that I'd like Arda to work on if he can.

Armor Movement Rate Penalty
Even those who like the concept find the current penalties too harsh.

Long story: The current values were based on the assumption that base movrate was 9, but I ultimately discovered that it's 8. In both cases with 10%, 20% and 30% values you get -1, -2, -3 movrate penalty, but applied over base 8 such penalties are indeed more harsh than I thought (e.g. with full plate you get movrate 5, which is pretty much a 40% penalty, almost identical to a character affected by a Slow spell!).

Short story: we need to tone down those values.

Apparently we have many possible % values, but we can only work with -1 and -2 penalties, thus we actually don't have many options imo.

Solution A:
* 5-10% for hide and chain armor (-1 penalty)
* 15% for splint and plate (-2 penalty)
* 20% for full plate (-2 penalty)

Solution B:
* 0% for hide and chain armor (no penalty)
* 5-10% for splint and plate (-1 penalty)
* 15-20% for full plate (-2 penalty)

The consensus between beta testers was to opt for B.

#9 Darkersun

Darkersun
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

Who do I need to contact to have authorisation, so I could take part in you Beta test.

I also prefere solution B :) to much  slowdown is no fun.

#10 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs

The Laughing Man

• Modders
  • 5548 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:50 AM

Who do I need to contact to have authorisation, so I could take part in you Beta test.

I actually contacted theacefes a bunch of days ago and mentioned you. She quickly fixed a similar issue I had but she may have forgot about you. Try to contact her yourself maybe. ;)

#11 Demivrgvs

Demivrgvs

The Laughing Man

• Modders
  • 5548 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

I've uploaded a new beta. This build was supposed to have even more new stuff than it already has, but the most important part is there: IR should finally install fine not only on BG2EE but also on BG1EE. :)

V4 - Beta 4 (9 August 2014)
- major re-work to hopefully achieve full compatibility with BGEE, BGT and TuTu
- minor fixes (effect duration, displayed icon, etc.)
- Hide Armor and Chain Mail no longer have movement rate penalties
- Splint Mail and Plate Mail movement rate penalty lowered from 20% to 10%
- Full Plate Mail movement rate penalty lowered from 30% to 20%
- Hide Armor weapon speed factor penalty raised from 1 to 2
- Splint Mail weapon speed factor penalty raised from 2 to 3
- Leather Armor casting speed penalty lowered from 2 to 1
- Chain Mail casting speed penalty lowered from 3 to 2
- Plate Mail casting speed penalty lowered from 4 to 3
- Buckler no longer cause casting speed penalty or spell failure
- vampiric effects now use magic dmg
- bleeding effects now use poison dmg
- Human Flesh now has an additional Hideous enhancement (+2 AC/saves vs. humanoids)
- Grandmaster Armor fully protects from slow effects
- Aeger Hide's Animal Rage disabled, added +1 STR
- Trollhide Armor fire/acid res penalty reduced from 25% to 15%
- Armor of Faith reverted to +3 enchantment, replaced AoF-like effect with +1 casting speed bonus
- Ankheg Plate Mail enchantment lowered by 1, acid res increased from 25% to 40%
- Robe of the Apprenti now grants +1 INT and +1 spell slot for spell levels 1-4
- Reflection Shield no longer use "physical mirror" opcode (with its hardcoded animation) but "immunity to projectiles"
- Saving Grace's Searing Light is triggered "every round when attacked" instead of "when struck
- Dragon Scale Shield's Force Absorbing now grants additional +2 to saves vs. breath
- Belt of Inertial Barrier -> slow opcode replaced with a 50% movement rate penalty
- Axe of the Unyelding -> Vorpal effect chance from 5% to 10%, save at -2 instead of -4
- Moonblade grants Xan proficiency in long swords
- Silver Sword -> Vorpal effect chance from 10% to 15%, save at -2 instead of -4

Edited by Demivrgvs, 09 August 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#12 Darkersun

Darkersun
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

Works with BG1EE now, thats great news. Maybe I restart my playthrough on BG2:EE (didn't come to far, not much freetime recently) and start a full playthrough. Is it possible to import a modded character without issues from BG1EE to BG2EE? Lets say I would only use IR, SR and KR ? (If not I can easly recreate the character with EE Keeeper).

#13 kreso

kreso
  • Modders
  • 2560 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:38 AM

Is it possible to import a modded character without issues from BG1EE to BG2EE?

Yes. Just install mods before you import.

#14 Mazuo

Mazuo
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

Can I get a PM with the relevant info regarding the beta files?  Found myself with a fair bit of spare time and interested in testing this out some.

#15 zwadek

zwadek
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:35 AM

considering that BGEE v. 1.3 is out, is it possible to tell when V4 of Item Revisions will be avaiable? is it matter of weeks or months? After using it once in BG2EE i can't play without it anymore, so if it is a matter of weeks I'll sit and wait, if it a matter of months I'll sit and cry :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users