1) finding and fixing any bug/issue we may found (for a polished official release)
2) playtesting of the new features
3) Store Revisions review
4) eventual refinements of specific items
1) Simple as that. The more we find now the more polished the official release will be.
2) There's quite a few global changes with noticeable impact on gameplay:
- Revised Armor (Is physical resistance a good and functional addition? Does weapon speed factor finally play a real role in the game? How do you feel about armor's speed factor penalties? etc.)
- Revised Backstabbing (how do you feel about the currently used values? Is ranged backstab a valuable new addition or not?)
- Critical Hit Aversion (how dramatically does it affect game balance?)
- Weapon Changes (how do you feel about the whole system? do you think slings should have STR bonus? etc.)
3) With your help I'd like to compile a comprehensive list of Arda's changes, and eventually refine some re-allocation if needed.
Ideally it would be great to get the following for shops/vendors:
- main "role" (e.g. general store, fletcher, armor smith, alchemist, fence, etc.)
- for each shop "role" a list of what can generally be found
- for each unique shop/vendor a list of semi-unique or unique items
And the following for both shops/vendors and re-allocations:
- new locations (e.g. creature x now wears/wields item y, store x now has item y)
4) IR has reached a state where I think 90% of items are as good/unique as they can be, but there's always room for improvement. I already have a small list of things I'd like to discuss, and I'll post them later.
View on GitHub
Edited by Mike1072, 19 May 2016 - 06:56 PM.