New v8 Beta Version of The Divine Remix Available

65 replies to this topic

#61 CamDawg

CamDawg

Seven billion ton robot monster

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 9268 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:31 AM

It's now up on GitHub, so feel free to add a pull request. Alien's already sent one, too.

I came here with a simple dream: a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real seven billion ton robot monster here? Not I. Not... I.

#62 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2177 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:56 AM

My hotfix fixes the Shar Darkbolts via Weidu, if that's helpful.

Honestly you could probably just graft the hotfix code into the very end of the mod, until the fixes migrate to the mod itself.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#63 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:36 PM

@Angel Thanks for info!

@subtledoctor If you point me where, I can create PR. It's much less work than adding DRHofix into BWS.

You cannot have progress without changes...

#64 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2177 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:51 PM

@subtledoctor If you point me where, I can create PR. It's much less work than adding DRHofix into BWS.

I incorporated all of my fixes into the mod and did a pull request. Note, I only did minimal testing, looking for successful install and well-formed .2da files.  But that all seems successful so I'm fairly confident in these changes.

Notably, this fixes the Shar Dark Bolts via weidu in the main DR .tp2 file, so you don't need replacement .SPL files from Angel.

#65 ALIENQuake

ALIENQuake
  • Modders
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

Notably, this fixes the Shar Dark Bolts via weidu in the main DR .tp2 file, so you don't need replacement .SPL files from Angel.

Those files are already included. Any possible problems if we leave spl files from Angel inside repo?

You cannot have progress without changes...

#66 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2177 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:58 AM

Should be no problem. It's just s couple added lines of ALTER_EFFECT to set the proper timing and duration modes, etc. If the Spell already has those set correctly, it won't make a difference.

Unless those replacement spells get around the bug by being structurally different, or something. I haven't seen them do I don't know. That's why I think the most conservative route is using the original spells and simply fixing them with a patch at the time they are copied.

(I'd argue that every spell added by every mod should be generated from a blank original, and all of their attributes should be defined by Weidu functions at install time. Then any spell in any mod could be edited and fixed quite simply, in the .tp2. I've toyed with doing this in my Revised Stat Bonuses mod, and it works well. But I guess it's neither here nor there...)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users