Bug report: Apparently the SR v4 beta 13 breaks the spwi705.spl

Jarno Mikkola

As casting the spell results into a CTD.

Link to original thread.

In fact the ability of SPWI705.spl has 2 effects: cast spell 705B and cast 705C.

And the ability of SPWI705B.spl looks fishy with it's last effect number 14:

Effect Type: AC bonus (0),Target: None (0),Power: 0,AC value: 0,Bonus to: ( All weapons ),

Deleting this effect in SPWI705B we achieve a working spell SPWI705.spl as well.

And I am just the messenger.

But wait. I thought EE were supposed to be uber-friendly to mods. Don't tell me this isn't true.

Yes and no, but it doesn't matter because as I said I cannot reproduce the issue. The spell works fine on my recently installed game.

It could be acompatibility issue with some other mod but right now I have no clue... :undecided:

Well, what other files are there attached to the .spl than itself, the .spl... do you alter say the .pro, or attached .cre .bcs, the works That might be the cause of this. I can't do any of debugging at this end, so I linked you to the main thread.

EDIT: K, now the spell cast the spell spwi705b.spl which causes the crash, as said above in the edited Shuv-Oohl quote.

I've no idea why that spurious header with 0% chance to trigger would cause a ctd, and it doesn't on 3 different installs on my PC (old -bg2, BGEE and BGEE2), but it has no reason to exist anyway (it might be a left over from an internal build where the whip does a bit of magic dmg on hit), thus let's remove it and close the case.

IIRC the "B" version comes from SCS's Ardanis Spell Shield fix.

On a somewhat related note, I have been experiencing ctds myself when I attempt to play stereo sounds in uncompressed .wav format that are converted from oggdec. It seems the engine only supports mono channels for the uncompressed .wav format.

I found that distributing sounds in the .wavc format works fine for stereo channel playback.

On a somewhat related note, I have been experiencing ctds myself when I attempt to play stereo sounds in uncompressed .wav format that are converted from oggdec. It seems the engine only supports mono channels for the uncompressed .wav format.

Just to make it clear. Was this on Windows OS ? Or on others.

As casting the spell results into a CTD.

Link to original thread.

In fact the ability of SPWI705.spl has 2 effects: cast spell 705B and cast 705C.

And the ability of SPWI705B.spl looks fishy with it's last effect number 14:

Effect Type: AC bonus (0),Target: None (0),Power: 0,AC value: 0,Bonus to: ( All weapons ),

Deleting this effect in SPWI705B we achieve a working spell SPWI705.spl as well.

And I am just the messenger.

Same thing. Seems like Spell revisions + Stratagems problem. I had forbidden installation of spwi705.spl as it described in Spell revisions manual (you must edit main_component.tpa file, not setup-spell_rev.tp2), and CTD disappeared.

Archived