Compatability with Rogue Rebalancing.

Andyr

Thank you for taking the time to reply aVENGER.  I will not distribute your upgraded mod and will use it for my own personal use.

ronin

For people like me who are interested in only some components (Dual Wield Fix, Thief HLAs, Bard HLAs) which aVenger says to be free to distribute and/or incorporate what are the odds that we are enjoying them in a non-overwriting Mod which won't cause incompatibilities ? :)

Ronin, since I could not find you updated version from SHS, I'm hijacking this thread. With the version v3.11 of RR the bmthief.dlg gets overwriten. RR compiles a new bmthief.d over the original bmthief.dlg and after that Marina.d is appended to the bmthief.dlg. To me that seems a bit unnecessary, since I compared the bmthief.d with the game's bmthief.dlg and they seem to be exactly the same. I commented out the compiling of bmthief.d from RR's tp2 and as far as I can see it installed just like it's intended.

Hi Andyr! First of all, congratulation on the new release, it's good to see you back at BG2 modding again. ;) Now, I have a few compatibility notes regarding Rogue Rebalancing and Song & Silence v2:

1) It appears that in S&S v2 you are still copying a few 2DA's (CLABBA02.2DA and LUBA0.2DA.) instead of patching them. This could potentially cause compatibility issues if S&S is installed after a mod which also alters these files (such as Rogue Rebalancing) so I recommend using SET_2DA_ENTRY_LATER and SET_2DA_ENTRY_NOW to patch the files instead.

2) You might want to check whether the BG2 Fixpack is installed before applying the Blade's pickpocket fix. The fixpack also does this so the Blade might accidentally end up with a double pickpocket penalty if both mods are installed in an improper order. I've deprecated that fix from Rogue Rebalancing for this very reason.

3) You change the Swashbuckler's kit description in a somewhat unorthodox way - by replacing its entry in KITLIST.2DA. Since WeiDU now natively supports the uninstalling of changes made by STRING_SET I'd recommend using that method instead. Also, you might want to make a check if Rogue Rebalancing is installed since it also alters the Swashbuckler's kit description and omit your update in that case.

4) It seems that you have assigned your own custom 2DA's for the default Bard kits (i.e. LUA!1.2DA). Since S&S doesn't currently alter the HLA tables in any way it might be best to temporarily remove those lines from your .tp2 since they might cause problems with other mods which also alter the Bard HLA tables (i.e. Rogue Rebalancing and/or Refinements) if S&S is installed after them.

BTW, these issues should not create any significant problems if Song and Silence is installed before any other mods which also make changes to the thief and bard kits. Still, it might be wise to address them in a future release to ensure maximum compatibility. Cheers!

Archived