New Baldur's gate?

Haplo

And you can get that anthology for <7€ @ GamersGate. For all those with discs stolen/gone/broken; this is Godsend and an absolute must.

Just be aware that the anthology has problems installing mod content, particularly EasyTutu but also BGT.

What are those problems, particularly? I read the threads on SHS, but personally I've not had a single problem with my install (the GamersGate-downloadable anthology, which is a variant of gog.com as far as I understand), and I run a pretty heavily modded BGT-installl. Is the problem with megamods and/or the auto-installers (BWS/BWP?)? I install everything manually.

Personally yeah, I loved Dragon's Age, played several times and all. I would be cool with that, but obviously with all the D&D rules and no those they made up for DA. It makes more sense in the way that games have evolved into that kind of Graphics, and way to make games.

That remains me of a video I saw on the BWP website, of a guy who made the intro of BG2 with the DA engine, was quite cool really.

What are those problems, particularly? I read the threads on SHS, but personally I've not had a single problem with my install (the GamersGate-downloadable anthology, which is a variant of gog.com as far as I understand), and I run a pretty heavily modded BGT-installl. Is the problem with megamods and/or the auto-installers (BWS/BWP?)? I install everything manually.

Hey hey. I don't own the Anthology so this is all guesswork from investigative reading. However, I suspect the Anthology has a different listing of directory than a standard from disc or gog install. If you're technically competent I am sure you can work around it. If you're not, then you will have problems.

And in fact, if you DO own the anthology, I have a request from Leonardo with a .bat file to run, just so he can get a hard copy of what, exactly, the install directory is, and then adjust his BWP accordingly. So, if you own the anthology, please send me a pm, so I can send you a file, which then I can send to him, and make everyone's modding lives a little bit happier. ;-)

Yeah, from one of my friends, they did some problems with the anthology, though I can't tell you from personal experience whether there is a problem or not.

As for Atari having the set, I imagine it is because they currently have the license to the various Dungeons and Dragons properties.

Hey hey. I don't own the Anthology so this is all guesswork from investigative reading. However, I suspect the Anthology has a different listing of directory than a standard from disc or gog install. If you're technically competent I am sure you can work around it. If you're not, then you will have problems.

Hmm, well probably something like that. I'll just chalk the fact that it actually works up to my technical competence ;):D

And in fact, if you DO own the anthology, I have a request from Leonardo with a .bat file to run, just so he can get a hard copy of what, exactly, the install directory is, and then adjust his BWP accordingly. So, if you own the anthology, please send me a pm, so I can send you a file, which then I can send to him, and make everyone's modding lives a little bit happier. ;-)

Done and done.

Fresh news guys, there's a countdown in the page for whatever is to come so I guess will know what was really going on :)

The Info comes from the same Videogames magazine that originate this conversation.

"So the Baldur’s Gate website has finished counting down to reveal Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition. Not much else has been mentioned, and the site has crashed under the strain of Baldur’s Gate fans clamouring to see what’s happening.

What we do know is that the game is being developed by Beamdog subsidiary, Overhaul Games, published by Atari, and will be released this summer."

Source

I think worries about Tutu and BGT not working with the new game are somewhat strange, seeing as they would both be useless, since they(Beamdog, the developer) are working with the ToB engine. Makes me a bit sad that TUTU and BGT, with all that work that went into them, might become redundant, but we still don't know if this is going to be as good as it may sound right now.

Tutu would become pointless, but BGT would not have to. They aren't making the games in one playable game but still two distinct games.. So BGT would just need to be modified to pull both together into one seamless game

Archived