News, Progress, Updates

OK, sweet! If CamDawg releases too soon for Mac build, I will work with him to create one a.s.a.p. and set it up immediately. I would greatly appreciate bug reports from the Mac side of things, too :p

We do not add any .ogg or .tis. I checked in with devSin and looked carefully at all of the posts on differences re: mac vs pc, and the bigg has done work on the WeiDU end to make sure stuff works more compatably with case sensitivity and / vs \ , so it should be good to go.

Edited by cmorgan

Full release for Tutu today;

not so much for the BGT side.

The good news is that the Tutu side is very stable, and the content is final. Over the next year we will pick up the remaining bugs, add in translation files, rebuild the documents, and generally have a blast playing!

For the BGT folks, hold on, please... we have built the combined installer, so you know that we are close to being able to give you the whole mod, but Ascension64 and Sir BillyBob are checking through the changes and providing necessary feedback; Chevalier is ready and waiting to test the install. Luckily for you, I managed to make the installer NOT install on BGT (yeah, right, it was my plan all along :) ; just in time to stop all of you from swamping SpellHoldStudios with a ton of "what did you do to Imoen!?!!?" posts :D.

We need a bit more time to troubleshoot the BGT installation side. Changes made here will have no effect on the Tutu side, other than quick release of any minor bugfixes you folks find are needed when you paly through v12. We will keep you posted.

Sorry if this was already answered, but will there be a non tutu/BGT version of this? The plain old BG with ToTSC. I did play this mod for a bit a while back, and it was great! However TUTU changes too much of BG1 for my tatstes.

Just curious, as I'm itching to re-play BG again. Anyways thanks again for all your GREAT MODS you all have done! Enjoyed them greatly.

Well, I am sorry to say, no. :p

This is not because of discrimination against BG1, but because of scripting differences in the engines. We are currently supporting Tutu v4, EasyTutu, and BGT (BGT users please PM me for the latest version before using Beta3 :p ). We do not have the ability to reconvert for BG1 safely without major rebuilding (it looks like it would be next to impossible), and we have no way of officially supporting BP installs (although most folks using BGT seem to be testing on BP installs and it is working pretty well).

We have loosened up on the Tutu/BGT differences because the current project code contributers come from both backgrounds and are working together, but it still remains true that the best place to get quick BGT guru help is SHS and the best place to find Tutu guru help is right here.

Well, I am sorry to say, no. :D

This is not because of discrimination against BG1, but because of scripting differences in the engines. We are currently supporting Tutu v4, EasyTutu, and BGT (BGT users please PM me for the latest version before using Beta3 :p ). We do not have the ability to reconvert for BG1 safely without major rebuilding (it looks like it would be next to impossible), and we have no way of officially supporting BP installs (although most folks using BGT seem to be testing on BP installs and it is working pretty well).

We have loosened up on the Tutu/BGT differences because the current project code contributers come from both backgrounds and are working together, but it still remains true that the best place to get quick BGT guru help is SHS and the best place to find Tutu guru help is right here.

Ahh damn. I was hoping this would just be an easy and quick thing for you to code. But apparently it is not. Totally understand. Thanks for the responce! :p

Guest Zed Nocear
Well, I am sorry to say, no. ;)

This is not because of discrimination against BG1, but because of scripting differences in the engines. We are currently supporting Tutu v4, EasyTutu, and BGT (BGT users please PM me for the latest version before using Beta3 ;) ). We do not have the ability to reconvert for BG1 safely without major rebuilding (it looks like it would be next to impossible), and we have no way of officially supporting BP installs (although most folks using BGT seem to be testing on BP installs and it is working pretty well).

I could write the same desire as Jaesun. Is it really not possible? Maybe in some cutted version, please?

I work on my own mod for BG1, nothing great, but have made easy solutions for important triggers not existing in BG1 like AreaCheck, AreaType, CombatCounter and PartyRested. If you are interested, I can send detailes?

The magnitude of recoding a separate BG1 NPC Project for vanilla BG, where the coding involved is a series of workarounds, makes me feel faint.

Even if such a thing were possible, the effort involved would be mind boggling, and the target audience very small.

And who would draw the line about what was edited out? Most of the principal writers are no longer on the project, and I doubt anyone would be comfortable making these hard decisions on their behalf.

So, while it would be nice to please those with BG1 vanilla installations, I don't really anticipate a workable solution that would satisfy anyone.

(I) have made easy solutions for important triggers not existing in BG1 like AreaCheck, AreaType, CombatCounter and PartyRested. If you are interested, I can send detailes?
That sounds very interesting in principal! Would you mind posting a tutorial, maybe? Or send them to me (you have my email address). I was thinking about releasing Ajantis romance for vanilla BG some two years ago but gave up the thought rather quickly after realising how much triggers would be missing in the BG engine compared to BGII.

:)

I think we had forum problems yesterday, but I don't remember seeing any posts like you describe...

If it was for BG1 coding techniques, BWL has a decent tutorial on doing that. It is well beyond the scope of anything but a complete rewrite of BG1 NPC from the ground up, and would literally require hundreds upon hundreds of extra blocks of code (a list of 20 lovetalk variables multiplies the block count by between 20 and 35, so we are talking about bloating the likes of which could seriously bog down on BG1, and that is just *one block* in *one romance*...) assuming we could get the permissions, do the work, figure a way to test it -- ain't no way, no how, no.

We are unable to support BG1, will not do so, and have given no permission for anyone in any modding community to make the attempt. We are still working hard to finish the original project, and already add code to Tutu and BGT to make sure that ToB actions and triggers are supported, so we have been working in the opposite direction, cleaning up and modernizing code. So any discussion of that would be seriously off-topic, as it would have nothing to do with BG1 NPC :)

What you do with your own install is entirely your business, and of course anyone who is interested enough can play with customizing their own install to their heart's content, but please do not release or share such work - we have just one version of BG1 NPC, which is built for Tutu and supported for Tutu and BGT.

:)

I think we had forum problems yesterday, but I don't remember seeing any posts like you describe...

There weren't any. It was a subtle bump.

Not that there's anything wrong with bumping a thread that interests you, of course! :)

Guest Zed Nocear
(I) have made easy solutions for important triggers not existing in BG1 like AreaCheck, AreaType, CombatCounter and PartyRested. If you are interested, I can send detailes?
That sounds very interesting in principal! Would you mind posting a tutorial, maybe? Or send them to me (you have my email address). I was thinking about releasing Ajantis romance for vanilla BG some two years ago but gave up the thought rather quickly after realising how much triggers would be missing in the BG engine compared to BGII.

Hallo Jastey!

Have you got my e-mail?

Write, what triggers else you want in BG1 and I can see, what is possible to do.

On schedule for a G3 Anniversary final release. Translation packages will follow over the course of the next year, but we should be good to go on both Tutu and BGT!

If anyone is interested in runing final playtests, please PM me, and I will set you up with an internal. These have proved incredibly stable - the only stuff still getting tweaked really is my occasional accidental miscode ???

Edited by cmorgan