Install Problem

Guest Amgot

Guest Amgot

I've tried to install NPC Kitpack on my SoA-only game but it won't work. All is OK until I get this:

Appended text to [KIT.IDS]

Appending to files ...

Appended text to [ABCLSMOD.2DA]

Appending to files ...

[./override/DUALCLAS.2DA] loaded, 3234 bytes

override/DUALCLAS.2DA copied to NPCKit/backup/0/DUALCLAS.2DA, 3234 bytes

Appended text to [DUALCLAS.2DA]

Copying and patching 2 files ...

[./override/weapprof.2da] loaded, 70476 bytes

Copied [weapprof.2da] to [override/weapprof.2da]

ERROR: Cannot find 2 rows with at least 0 columns.ERROR: Cannot find 2 rows with at least 0 columns.ERROR: [25stweap.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Cannot Read 2DA Entry"))

Stopping installation because of error.

Stopping installation because of error.

BTW, I also have this error when trying to install some NPC mods (not all) which are all SoA-only compatible.

My game is patched with v23037 + G3 FixPack + some NPC mods (Kelsey, Solaufein, ...) + NPC Flirt Pack + Crossmod Banter + Unfinished Business + Quest PAck + G3 Tweaks.

Thanks in advance for any help

This is due to a change in the way WeiDU works--I've told The Bigg about the problem, so hopefully he should fix it. It is occurring because WeiDU auto-updates itself if a newer version is in your game directory than the one the mod was distributed with, and the new version is not completely backwards-compatible, breaking a few older mods.

If you are comfortable with editing, you can fix it yourself as follows:

- Remove all setup-mod.exe WeiDU installers from your BG2 directory. Don't delete them; move them to Desktop or something.

- Re-extract the Kit Pack from the archive you downloaded it in, and reinstall. If you removed all other installers, WeiDU won't have anything to update with, so the problem will be averted.

- Replace your moved setup-mod.exe installers in your BG2 directory.

Guest Guest

It worked perfectly, thank you very much.

On the same topic, I have some "parsing errors" when installing some mods. What is it exactly and how could I fix it?

Glad it's working. :)

Do these parsing errors stop the mod from installing? If not they're probably not something to worry too much about, although you should inform the authors. They're probably not something you can fix yourselves (as they indicate, for example, bad commands in scripts and dialogues).

Guest Amgot

No, the mod still installs successfully. I guess I'll try to play my game and see if any script/dialogue errors show up...

Thanks for your help anyway

Archived