Having trouble installing RE on Mac

6 replies to this topic

#1 Otis1975

Otis1975
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

Hello,

I've recently had to reinstall BG2EE and want to give RE another shot. However, I am unable to get it to install. I've downloaded the latest version for OSX, installed it in the proper place, used the chmod commands to give the proper permissions (or whatever it is they actually do), but when I click the command file, I get the following message in the Terminal window:

XXXX /Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ II\ Enhanced\ Edition.app/Contents/Resources/setup-RE.command ; exit;

-bash: /Applications/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition.app/Contents/Resources/setup-RE.command: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Obviously, I'm missing something. This problems seems to be unique to this mod, and the other mods install just fine. Any help would be most appreciated.

#2 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7547 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:52 AM

The OSX version seems to be borked. I am working on an update that will be packed with the official G3 mod packing tool (meaning, I can't screw up the OSX version). No ETA but I hope I'll have it ready the next days.

#3 Almateria

Almateria
  • Modders
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:36 AM

Just change the weidu to beta 240.1, it works. The previous weidu didn't work on the mac.

#4 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7547 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:31 AM

Good to know! Thank you!

#5 Otis1975

Otis1975
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:04 PM

@jastey,

Thanks for the update. I'll keep an eye out.

@almateria,

Where would I find that particular beta copy, or was your statement pointed towards jastey's work? 

#6 jastey

jastey
  • Gibberlings
  • 7547 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:06 PM

Otis1975: The update is out. v12 is available from the downloads site and should work.

#7 Otis1975

Otis1975
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

@jastey,

Thanks. I'll download it and do the do (actually have to reinstall BGIIEE due to multiple fooling around) and let you know where things are. I appreciate your work and efforts.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users