IWDification Returns with a Shiny New Beta

CamDawg

The v32 fragment I uploaded will (I think) fix this too.

Yep, I confirm: the special field of opcode #328 is now correctly set to 1 BUT:

• Only Level 7+ Thieves should get it (in the CLAB table the ability is listed under the level 7 column) ----> for some reason, Borda (level 6/6/6) gets it while he shouldn't.....
  • Carbos and Shank lose their Poison Weapon ability ----> they don't have it memorized (I didn't install RR this time). This is probably unrelated with the fix you provided for opcode #328, but it's still worth mentioning......
Edited by Luke

Only Level 7+ Thieves should get it (in the CLAB table the ability is listed under the level 7 column) ----> for some reason, Borda (level 6/6/6) gets it while he shouldn't.....

Unless I am missing something (which, for this kind of code-insert, is always possible) that's nothing to do with SCS - I'm not adding or subtracting things in the CLAB files, unless they're granted spells (and this is an AP_xxxx, I think).

One possibility (I don't have BGEE handy right now) is that Borda is a spellcaster whose level is being adjusted down from 7. In which case, there's nothing I can really do about it: I can't auto-adjust third-party CLAB settings without systematically parsing the CLAB file, which is what people (including, on reflection, me) would prefer I didn't do.

Only Level 7+ Thieves should get it (in the CLAB table the ability is listed under the level 7 column) ----> for some reason, Borda (level 6/6/6) gets it while he shouldn't.....

Unless I am missing something (which, for this kind of code-insert, is always possible) that's nothing to do with SCS - I'm not adding or subtracting things in the CLAB files, unless they're granted spells (and this is an AP_xxxx, I think).

One possibility (I don't have BGEE handy right now) is that Borda is a spellcaster whose level is being adjusted down from 7. In which case, there's nothing I can really do about it: I can't auto-adjust third-party CLAB settings without systematically parsing the CLAB file, which is what people (including, on reflection, me) would prefer I didn't do.

Yes, I'm talking about an AP_xxxx, so it's probably caused by that level adjustment......

Thanks for the great work! Almost all the new spells work as intended with the exception of Mordy's force missiles, wich fails to produce the right number of missiles/missiles wander around instead of landing on enemies. Also, the monster summons, even the high level ones are a bit on the weak side.

CLERIC_CAUSE_DISEASE is incorrectly flagged as 'ABJURER' (offset 0x25 – Primary type) and 'Abjuration' (offset 0x22 – Casting animation).

Should be either 'NECROMANCER / Necromancy' or 'TRANSMUTER / Alteration' (like CLERIC_MOLD_TOUCH...)

Well, clearly I should have read the thread before coding up my own, portable evasion. 😅

subtledoctor provided a pull request to integrate IWDification with SR's AoE spell deflection, which is in the next release as well.

Cause Disease's wrong anim/school is fixed in the next release, and I've submitted a ticket for IWDEE 2.7.

It's necromancy in the original IWD.

edit: It's supposed to be the inverse of Cure Disease, which is indeed an abjuration and all of the other inverted spells keep the underlying school and sphere.

Alright, now I'm leaning towards abjuration.

Edited by CamDawg
13 hours ago, CamDawg said:

Well, clearly I should have read the thread before coding up my own, portable evasion. 😅

To tell the truth, Subtledoctor's Evasion turned up being a more flexible version of Evasion (i.e., it's not limited to Level 7+ thieves and does not rely upon SPLPROT entry #63 `EVASIONCHECK`). It relies on the `EVASION` spell state and makes use of op318/324 + EFF files (more details here), whereas yours is a direct port of the one present in IWD:EE (i.e., a simple op318/324 effect with `p2=63`).

So to sum up, the two implementations are different...

And now that I think about it, what about completely soft coding that entry (`EVASIONCHECK`) for patch v2.7 so that it can be freely used (i.e., not hardcoded to Level 7+ thieves)? Yes, as I've just pointed out, you can already achieve that with op318/324 + EFF files, but it looks quite messy if compared to a simple op318/324 effect...

13 hours ago, kjeron said:

Abjuration is the PnP-accurate school for Cause Disease, as the reversed form of Cure Disease.

Well, if that's the case, then OK for Abjuration (even if it sounds "odd"...)

Edited by Luke
16 minutes ago, Galactygon said:

Evasion Check has been softcoded a long time ago (since 2.5?) so it's linked to the entry 252 EVASION in the SPLSTATE.ids rather than any thief levels.

Oh, you're right, sorry! So we can give that feature to, say, Monks without much trouble, that's good to know...

However, since that's the case, you forgot to attach the EVASION spell state to all relevant CRE files (f.i., "LDDTHIE2" (Thief) is a level 8 thief, so he should have the EVASION spell state... Ditto for "NYM" (Nym), "MERCTHFD" (Mercenary Thief), etc...

So you might want to add that to your v2.7 to-do list...