IR-Colorable Robes

JediMindTrix

Yeah if you're just patching fields in the .itm file then I think it would work fine in savegames.

Some stuff gets moved into your savegame as you progress, like NPC .cre files and area files. But I believe .itm files do not. So I think you can patch item colors (or other characteristics) mid-game.

Hi all, just wanted to post a disclaimer that I don't believe this will interact nicely with savegames - likely, a new one will be needed.

What? It's unlikely to affect save games unless you did something really odd. o.O

It was reported that only some of the robes were colorable while others were not by a user - not sure what else would cause that.

Yeah if you're just patching fields in the .itm file then I think it would work fine in savegames.

Some stuff gets moved into your savegame as you progress, like NPC .cre files and area files. But I believe .itm files do not. So I think you can patch item colors (or other characteristics) mid-game.

Well, if you patch an item after you have saved a game and then load it, the save uses the old dialog.tlk, and if the item patch also added item description, it won't be in the loaded save game. The old items in the saves also will contain the removed color pallet effect, so they will still recolor the creatures appearance.

Best bet is that like with every other mod, you should restart the game, not load an old save game.

Well, if you patch an item after you have saved a game and then load it, the save uses the old dialog.tlk, and if the item patch also added item description, it won't be in the loaded save game. The old items in the saves also will contain the removed color pallet effect, so they will still recolor the creatures appearance.

Are we still talking about Infinity Engine, or..?

There're only three things written in a save - areas (including any actors), stores and worldmap. Neither items nor tlk.

If something didn't work in a savegame, it won't work in a new game either.

Yeah, the actors in a savegame might have a reference in the .cre file indicating that they possess an item... but the item itself is not in the savegame. Take Varscona to Werewolf Island, run a quick patch function to change its enchantment level to +3, load up your save and you'll be able to hit Karoug with it.

I was going off of this, and chose the first option because I was in a hurry. Also, if he had a problem with it, I'm sure he would've said something already. Thanks for pointing that forum out to me though.

You can make a new topic to with you can attach the needed archive file if you go into the More Reply Options(PS: this was before the forum went offline), the G3 also has the Misc... Rel... -mods for this or you can release it as SHSForums Misc.. Rel... mods by going to there to the file browser and clicking the Upload File and there attaching the file to the correct selection.
And other ways, like contacting the Admins and submitting the mod to a review, but for this mod it is not likely the best option as you are unlikely to need your very own forum for your mod.

Archived