Install order with IPPv4

amitlath

IR includes 1PPv3 I think. What I like is to use one single component of 1PPv4 - Avatar Fixes - since it makes Chain mail look like Chain and not like a toothpaste tube.

I have to track down the files related to that (including thief's chain mail paperdolls) and add them to IR yes. Afaik everything else you might want from 1PP is already included within IR and it best to not mix the two because generally it doesn't end well.

I also fear 1PPv4 projectiles related component also causes some issue (even crashes) when installed alongside SR (not sure if it works fine without it because the report was from a beta tester).

I'll do a quick overview of all the 1PPv4 components since the recommendations so far are somewhat incomplete. I'll want to double check this information is correct before the release.

When I mention IR or SR below, I refer to their main components.

Core paperdolls: Mostly included in IR, but 1PPv4 includes some extra files for Infinity Animations compatibility. Install before IR.

Extended palette entries: Install in any order.

GUI additions for BGII: Install in any order.

Avatar fixes: Install in any order.

Female Dwarves: Install in any order.

Thieves Galore: Install in any order.

Smart Avatar & Armour Switching: Install after IR and any other mods that add items.

Softer Spell Effects: Not currently compatible with SR.

Core content patches: Mostly included in IR. Install before IR.

Consistent spell and scroll icons: Install in any order.

Spell tweaks: Not currently compatible with SR.

Restored flame sword animations: Partially included in IR. Install before IR.

Colourable Quarterstaves: Install after IR if you want the 1PP colourings for staffs.

Legacy Shields v2: Included in IR.

Additional Shield Animations (core): Included in IR.

Wizards' Staves (core): Install before IR.

Additional Helmet Animations (core): Partially included in IR. Install before IR.

Attachable wings (core): Included in SR's Deva and Planetar Avatars component.

Increased paperdoll object variety (core): Install after IR.

Core updates and item patches: Install before IR. Most of its changes will be overwritten.

Improved projectile effects: Install after IR. It would be nice to confirm that this is compatible.

Fixed animations for solars and elementals: Install in any order.

Miscellaneous content fixes: Install in any order.

Is there a reason why the Avatar Fixes can't be included in the next IR version?

It's a rather well already done in the 1pp... that not to say it can be remade better.

The thieves with hooded leather armor is one thing that a remake of the tweak should be included(as today thieves use the warrior armor in leather -> no hoods).

But taking the current 1pp code and then the small adjustments and so forth can take a while... to almost already released mod. I know, I have like 9 things up in the air.

Well, Avatar Fixes has nothing to do with items. We don't want to just copy random components and put them in this mod (regardless of how pretty they make the game).

We want to use the components that let us make better looking items. The only one we include that doesn't do that directly is Core Paperdolls. We need it because 1PP's item paperdolls are positioned based on 1PP's character paperdolls, and these are aligned differently from the vanilla BG2 paperdolls. Otherwise, you might encounter undesirable effects like swords popping out of arms.

Well, Avatar Fixes has nothing to do with items. We don't want to just copy random components and put them in this mod (regardless of how pretty they make the game).

Erhm, but the fact is, the item carry's the effects... that change the avatar according to what the char is(fe/male&race). So it's actually item mod. Well...

It's not scripting per se(or what ever that word is).

I'll do a quick overview of all the 1PPv4 components since the recommendations so far are somewhat incomplete. I'll want to double check this information is correct before the release.

Improved projectile effects: Install after IR. It would be nice to confirm that this is compatible.

Re: Softer Spell Effects - I've had this work fine with SR as long as it's installed before SR on tutu and bg2. Is there something specific that it isn't compatible with that I can check to verify?

Re: Improved projectile effects - this one is not compatible AFAIK either installed before or after. It causes issues with spells not functioning properly (un)holy smite and a few others are repeatable.

Edit: I should mention this is the IR and SR betas, not v3.1

Thanks for the information.

Softer Spell Effects should probably be installed after SR, but it can't currently because parts of it are coded in a non-robust manner. Once some minor fixes are made, it should be fine. This sort of applies to Spell Tweaks as well.

I didn't see anything in Improved Projectiles that should interfere with spells to the extent you're describing, but I may have overlooked something. It's designed to affect item projectiles (arrows, bolts, darts, spears, axes). It should have little effect on SR. I am more interested to learn how it interacts with IR.

Just a minor conflict between (I assume) 1PP and IR:

~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #101 // 1ppv4: Core paperdolls
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #103 // 1ppv4: Extended palette entries -> Full install (recommended)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #104 // 1ppv4: GUI additions for BGII
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #105 // 1ppv4: Avatar fixes
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #106 // 1ppv4: Female Dwarves -> Separate Avatars for Female Dwarves - Baldur's Gate II
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #111 // 1ppv4: Thieves Galore -> BGII - Unique Thief Avatars
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #200 // 1ppv4: Core content patches
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #201 // 1ppv4: Consistent spell and scroll icons
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #203 // 1ppv4: Restored flame sword animations
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #207 // 1ppv4: Wizards' Staves (core)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #208 // 1ppv4: Additional Helmet Animations (core)
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #400 // 1ppv4: Core updates and item patches
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #300 // 1ppv4: Fixed animations for solars and elementals
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #301 // 1ppv4: Miscellaneous content fixes
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 3
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1042 // Revised Armor -> Without Movement Speed Penalties: V4 Beta 3
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #2 // Allow Spellcasting in Armor -> With a Chance of Arcane Casting Failure: V4 Beta 3
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #9 // Allow Thieving Skills in Armor -> Stealth is Penalized by Armor: V4 Beta 3
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #11 // Dual Wielding Changes for Light and Heavy Weapons: V4 Beta 3
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Thieves Can Use Wands: V4 Beta 3
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 3
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #19 // Backstabbing Penalties for Inappropriate Weapons -> Backstabbing Penalties with More Weapons Usable for Backstabbing: V4 Beta 3
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Revised Critical Hit Aversion: V4 Beta 3
~1PP/1PP.TP2~ #0 #113 // 1ppv4: Smart Avatar & Armour Switching

for elves, weapons seem to be moved to the right a bit:
Im5RbOs.png
compared to my previous "elves seem to move out of their helmets" issue it's very mild, just a headsup.

Core paperdolls: Mostly included in IR, but 1PPv4 includes some extra files for Infinity Animations compatibility. Install before IR.

Extended palette entries: Install in any order.

GUI additions for BGII: Install in any order.

Avatar fixes: Install in any order.

Female Dwarves: Install in any order.

Thieves Galore: Install in any order.

Smart Avatar & Armour Switching: Install after IR and any other mods that add items.

Core content patches: Mostly included in IR. Install before IR.

Consistent spell and scroll icons: Install in any order.

Spell tweaks: Not currently compatible with SR.

Restored flame sword animations: Partially included in IR. Install before IR.

Colourable Quarterstaves: Install after IR if you want the 1PP colourings for staffs.

Legacy Shields v2: Included in IR.

Additional Shield Animations (core): Included in IR.

Wizards' Staves (core): Install before IR.

Additional Helmet Animations (core): Partially included in IR. Install before IR.

Attachable wings (core): Included in SR's Deva and Planetar Avatars component.

Increased paperdoll object variety (core): Install after IR.

Core updates and item patches: Install before IR. Most of its changes will be overwritten.

Fixed animations for solars and elementals: Install in any order.

Miscellaneous content fixes: Install in any order.

Over 2 years passed since this compatibility recommendation and IR and SR have both been updated since then.

Does all this still apply in the same way?

Archived