SR V4 Open Beta (last update 25 October 2018)

@Darkersun the link I gave you via PM on BGEE forums is still valid and will always store the latest build. ;)

Overriding may screw a bunch of string references and there's also new files involved that need to be installed. Unless you know what is required to handle all that stuff manually you need to re-install.

Anyway, do it when you wish if re-installing is too tedious. This build hasn't drastically changed anything (though testing Cause Wond spells is crucial) and it won't be the last iteration of the beta. If you are having a good time and you prefer to continue playing your current game you may do so and wait for the next build.

I assume the safest way to install the new build is to totally uninstall the old one first? Do I need to wipe out the old files and folders too?

No need to delete everything, though you may as well do it as it takes 1 second. You just need to uninstall, override with the new build and re-install.

Hi! I'd also be interested to try it out - I want to make some adjustments to SCS as well and it'd be cool to see how they interact, especially with the invisibility changes - very interesting!

Check your PMs. ;)

Which adjustments are you planning to do for SCS?

Hi! I'd also be interested to try it out - I want to make some adjustments to SCS as well and it'd be cool to see how they interact, especially with the invisibility changes - very interesting!

Check your PMs. ;)

Which adjustments are you planning to do for SCS?

Thanks! I have a few issues with scs that I want to try fixing. Some are similar to your concerns I think, and will be fixed just by using SR. eg, spell immunity is a very tedious thing to play against - fair or not, it isn't actually fun. I want to have mages use that less, and in general play less optimally by not always applying every single buff, with some random variation. Basically I like how intelligent the Ai is, but I'd like to make it slightly easier and less formulaic.

Your adjustments to some of the other mage buffs may change this! Is scs going to use many of your new/changed spells? From what I've read so far you try to swap spells in such a way to support this.

The changes to invisibility are really interesting, because it's been a weak point in the game's magic system for ages. Giving anti magic spells an aoe is a poor solution, especially combined with the rapid random walk that scs mages love. Duels become a game of predicting where they'll run to by the time the spell lands.

Directly targeting shimmering mages is way better. I'm still a little confused about the details of your new system though, and what illusions are broken by which spells, and how non detection interacts with that. Is there a definitive source for this? Something like this, but for illusions and divination: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AoLScCUe7V__dE1RaEhCbm5na0VlakQwYVMxOFJVc1E&usp=sharing

Thanks!

Directly targeting shimmering mages is way better. I'm still a little confused about the details of your new system though, and what illusions are broken by which spells, and how non detection interacts with that. Is there a definitive source for this? Something like this, but for illusions and divination: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AoLScCUe7V__dE1RaEhCbm5na0VlakQwYVMxOFJVc1E&usp=sharing

Oooh fancy. We should get kreso on that, ASAP ;)

Hello

I have been using older versions of your mods (spell revisions and item revisions) and I figure its high time I thank you for you hard work!

I finally decided to play bgee and bg2ee that I bought in summer sale, but I find it lacking wothout mods.

I will be glad to report bugs and provide overall feedback on SR and IR for the privilige of accessing the betas.

Edited by Buli

Hello

I have been using older versions of your mods (spell revisions and item revisions) and I figure its high time I thank you for you hard work!

I finally decided to play bgee and bg2ee that I bought in summer sale, but I find it lacking wothout mods.

I will be glad to report bugs and provide overall feedback on SR and IR for the privilige of accessing the betas.

Wow so many "new players" around, that's cool. :) Welcome to G3!

I'll write you a PM. The more the better, even more so now that we have to find all the small issues instead of huge problems that I could as well noticed myself (but I didn't). :D

Ook, as promised I just uploaded a new build. It contains A LOT of daring changes and I do need testers feedback on them:
- the "new" Repulsion spell has the potential to become a must have defensive tool for clerics but I need help to tweak its AoE, frequency, mechanic, etc.
- SI:Abj is now replaced by Dispelling Screen because WoDM was sort of "exploitable" by staying near a mage and make him dispel his own protections. We'll see if it needs further re-thinking.
- Flesh to Stone might be further tweaked, but first I need to know if the new mechanic looks good or not, and if it works fine or not.
- Tenser's Transformation no longer disable spellcasting, let me know if I managed to keep it balanced or if risks becoming OP.
- in theory Pierce Magic is now closer to PnP, but how does it perform? I expect it to potentially be a real game-changer against certain boss-like enemies.
- Cone of Cold and Prismatic Spray have new animations but most importantly have a tweaked AoE, casting time, range, etc. Ideally the goal is to make them easier to use in the middle of the fight. Casting time 1 should allow proper targeting (aka targets haven't moved elsewhere while casting) while the 1 sec pause is there to partially balance such a tremendous feature. The smaller arc and longer range should make it easier to pick a "line" of enemies without hurting party members. Let me know if I'm on the right direction.

V4 - Beta 6 (August 21th 2014)

- added SR's own Detectable Spells code (thanks to Arda)
- re-arranged installer (tp2 and tpa files)
- Remove Disabled Spells from Spell Selection Screens should now work fine on all platforms
- small AoEs (e.g. Faerie Fire, Gust of Wind, etc) slightly increased from 60 to 65 to hopefully make them more consistent
- invisibility spells no longer display Invisible/Mislead messages on the combat log
- Magical Stone was not working correctly
- Resist Fire/Cold casting time reduced from 5 to 2
- Mass Regenerate Wound added to druid's 5th lvl spells
- Repulsion replaces the previously disabled 5th lvl Repulse Undead
- Sound Burst animation had only 15% chance to trigger (ehm...sorry)
- Slow save changed from "vs. spell" to "vs. polymorph", always cancel Haste (no save)
- Melf's Minute Meteors do not consume Spell Deflection anymore, piercing dmg replaced with missile type
- Cone of Cold uses a new much cooler animation, AoE cone has slightly smaller arc but longer range, dmg capped at 15th lvl
- Wall of Dispel Magic "replaced" by Dispelling Screen
- Flesh to Stone slows for 3 rounds (no save), on 2nd round target must save at -4 penalty or be petrified (hold2 opcode)
- Improved Haste grants immunity to Slow, can "override" Haste but not vice-versa
- Pierce Magic nullifies target's magic resistance for 2 rounds
- Tenser's Transformation cuases -2 penalty to casting speed and saves vs. spell instead of blocking spellcasting
- Prismatic Spray casting time from 7 to 1 followed by 1 sec pause, save penalty from -6 to -4, fire/acid/electrical dmg changed from 20/40/80 to 10d6 for each dmg type, uses Color Spray animation (it more properly covers the effective AoE and looks slightly better imo), AoE cone has smaller arc but longer range