SR V4 Beta 16

V4 Beta 16 is now released. It includes all of kreso's changes from b15 and a variety of bugfixes and compatibility improvements.

Thanks go out to kreso for b15, Bartimaeus for extensive bug reports and work in SRR, subtledoctor for coding up fixes, and Mad Mate for organizing everything on GitHub.

View on GitHub

Download (Windows)

Download (OS X)

Download (Linux)

Changelog:

V4 - Beta 16 (25 October 2018)

- Aura of Flaming Death no longer says it's been cast every time someone hits you while it's on

- Banishment will now correctly banish summoned creatures even when using Anthology Tweaks' removed summoning cap component.

- Bartimaeus Arcane spellbook fix with Subtledoctor's code

- The innate form of Simbul's Spell Matrix, that you use to actually trigger the sequencer, had the old name of the spell

- Bhaalspawn powers get named (and descripped, though you won't ever see it) by SR

- SubtleDoctor Arcane Schools code

- More Subtledoctor's EE patches

- Added Stalker Haste to sectypes

- Vocalize fix for EE

- Imprisonment graphical effect fix

- Wail of the Banshee sound fixed

- Greater Command secondary spells fixes

- Skelgrsu gender fix

- IWDEE & EET compatibility

- Dispel Magic/Remove Magic inconsistencies fixed

- Regeneration spells made undispellable

- Fire Shield now protects from Insect spells effect

- Skip Enchante Weapons for EE's

- Vampiric effects (Larloch's, Vampiric Touch, etc.) now don't affect some new creature types (illusory, golems, undead, etc.).

- Slow effect relegated for Un/Holy Word and Color Spray to properly work with the slow sectype

- Added scrolls for MS8 (used Stone to Flesh scroll) & MS9 (new scroll, spell disabled for now)

- Brought back Summon Fiend & Gate scrolls

- Hidden 6th level Summon Nishruu from spellbooks

- Divine Power & Mesthil's Acid Sheath fixed for EE

- Enchanted Weapons names fix

- Cleric Gust of Wind fixes

- Conjure Animals fixed

- Baby Wyvern weapon was unequipped

- Planetars regeneration fixed

- Emotion: Despair saving throw penalty fixed

- Disintegrate saving throw types fixed

- Tenser's Transformation & Divine Power ApR fixes

- The spell selection variant of Ice Lance's icon was messed up

- Phantom Blade was missing its special effect.

- Fixed hidespl_bgee.2da and added hidespl_iwdee.2da

- Various smaller bugfixes

- Tra fixes

- Updated Weidu to 24600

Oh, the new spells still aren't using addspell. Is that planned for the future? If you're looking for volunteers, I'm happy to do it

If you want to give it a go, feel free.

The biggest obstacle is accounting for the changed filenames. Everything that's moved over to ADD_SPELL will be assigned a different filename, and there may be references to the original filename in subspells or in other spells (e.g. Glitterdust, Protection from Fire, Globe of Invulnerability).

Oh, the new spells still aren't using addspell. Is that planned for the future? If you're looking for volunteers, I'm happy to do it

If you want to give it a go, feel free.

The biggest obstacle is accounting for the changed filenames. Everything that's moved over to ADD_SPELL will be assigned a different filename, and there may be references to the original filename in subspells or in other spells (e.g. Glitterdust, Protection from Fire, Globe of Invulnerability).

Cool cool!

Yeah, I know. It's a whole thing. It's still worth it to me, as a fully add_spelled sr will facilitate compatibility with other spell mods (which is pretty much all I create these days)

While it might have been better in the first place if SR had been coded with ADD_SPELL, I’m unconvinced that at this point it is worth it, given the sheer amount of work and the very large number of bugs it would risk. (I had to do essentially the same thing for IWD-in-BG2, and again for my automated conversion of the IWDEE spell system; it is not trivial, even if you have sufficiently advanced WEIDU-fu to automate most of it.)

You can achieve 90% of the compatibility goals by just adding IDS entries for the SR spells and mandating that SR is installed before other spell mods (which is structurally a good idea anyway given how systematic its changes are - the spell system is not really all that modular). I posted some suggested IDS code last month; it doesn’t even have to be in SR itself (I install it in SCS v32).

Spells that exist in IWDEE can either 1) if GAME_IS IWDEE, simply overwrite the existing spell; 2) otherwise, leave SR's COPY alone and simply add an IDS entry via DavidW's function.

Then maybe tackle the hopefully small number of spells that 1) are completely new and added to new SPPR___/SPWI___ slots with no IDS name at all; and 2) do not exist in IWDEE. Hopefully that's a manageable number of spells to work with. Stuff like internal 206 effects and subspells can be dealt with by patching while copying - something like

ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode = 146 STR_VAR match_resource = ~sppr116d~ resource = EVAL ~%SOURCE_RES%d~ END
Note that a fair amount of weidu in the /lib folder might need to be changed to account for no longer knowing the RES of every spell.

If this ADD_SPELL code occurs after the IWDEE spells are copied and given IDS names, then they shoukd work seamlessly together. Result would be, you can tear out my hackneyed IWDEE compatibility code, it would now work perfectly on that game. :)

While it might have been better in the first place if SR had been coded with ADD_SPELL, Im unconvinced that at this point it is worth it, given the sheer amount of work and the very large number of bugs it would risk. (I had to do essentially the same thing for IWD-in-BG2, and again for my automated conversion of the IWDEE spell system; it is not trivial, even if you have sufficiently advanced WEIDU-fu to automate most of it.)

You can achieve 90% of the compatibility goals by just adding IDS entries for the SR spells and mandating that SR is installed before other spell mods (which is structurally a good idea anyway given how systematic its changes are - the spell system is not really all that modular). I posted some suggested IDS code last month; it doesnt even have to be in SR itself (I install it in SCS v32).

...that actually seems like a Much better solution. Would it. Be feasible to add that code to Sr at install to just assign the Sr spells IDS entries at install?

Grammarsalad: Do you plan on doing add_spell for ALL of SR's spells, or just the problematic new spells DavidW mentions as destructively overwriting other spells?

Well, I'm not so sure now. There might be better ways to do it, suggested above...

Spells that exist in IWDEE can either 1) if GAME_IS IWDEE, simply overwrite the existing spell; 2) otherwise, leave SR's COPY alone and simply add an IDS entry via DavidW's function.

Then maybe tackle the hopefully small number of spells that 1) are completely new and added to new SPPR___/SPWI___ slots with no IDS name at all; and 2) do not exist in IWDEE. Hopefully that's a manageable number of spells to work with. Stuff like internal 206 effects and subspells can be dealt with by patching while copying - something like

ALTER_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode = 146 STR_VAR match_resource = ~sppr116d~ resource = EVAL ~%SOURCE_RES%d~ END
Note that a fair amount of weidu in the /lib folder might need to be changed to account for no longer knowing the RES of every spell.

If this ADD_SPELL code occurs after the IWDEE spells are copied and given IDS names, then they shoukd work seamlessly together. Result would be, you can tear out my hackneyed IWDEE compatibility code, it would now work perfectly on that game. :)

Yeah, something like this.

@DavidW, where can I find that code?...er, and obviously, do you mind if I use it for something like this?