Photo

SR v4 Open Beta (last update 25 December 2016)

1164 replies to this topic

#1156 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:10 PM

Excellent.

Faiths & Powers: Spell spheres and kit pack for priests and paladins
Might & Guile: Tweaks and kits for warriors and rogues
Scales of Balance: Game tweaks and rule overhauls
NPC_EE: More options for NPCs in BGEE, SoD, & BG2EE

#1157 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:14 AM

Faerie Fire seems weak, even for a 1st-level spells.  I really can't see any circumstance in which I wouldn't give up a FF slot in exchange for another casting of Sunscorch.

Maybe make it a bit more of a niche spell: in addition to the combat penalties for the target, impose a ~+2 casting speed penalty.  So it would be a mild anti-caster spell.

Maybe also have it dispel invisibility, like a single-target Glitterdust.  This way a caster with See Invisible or True Seeing can have a way to make the target visible to his fighter buddies as well.

#1158 Little Wing

Little Wing
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:54 AM

Priests' dispel magic works both on enemies and allies contrary to description. Mages' version works as written. 

Also monks' revised saves somehow mess up their passive bonuses to saving throws - there are none. Is this intented? 

#1159 Zaghoul

Zaghoul
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

I noticed upon installation the quasit had the newer abilities and stats but his description in pack is strange : Tiax knows he will rule all in the end" in the top box.

Some kind of mod overlap perhaps or has this been a problem with anyone else? BGEEV2.3 + SoD

#1160 Hoverdawg

Hoverdawg
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:41 AM

I dunno if it's like that in the new version, but when I played (a couple of months ago) having SR with SoD fucked up a lot of descriptions.

#1161 Zaghoul

Zaghoul
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:58 AM

I dunno if it's like that in the new version, but when I played (a couple of months ago) having SR with SoD fucked up a lot of descriptions.

Ah, maybe that's it. The summoned shadows are named "Why have you come here"

SoD has done that with several things then. I have noticed some other mods have that happen inside the bg content with SoD.

It does not seem to hamper it much but sure is distracting.

I cant get v15 to install in order to compare.

Maybe SR is not ready for BGEE+SoD quite yet.

#1162 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modders
  • 2113 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:31 AM

It's not SR - SoD from GOG or Steam will mess up all mod text strings unless you use Modmerge before installing mods.

#1163 Zaghoul

Zaghoul
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:27 AM

It's not SR - SoD from GOG or Steam will mess up all mod text strings unless you use Modmerge before installing mods.

I actually knew about that, good point, but its strange, cause mine are straight from Beamdog.

#1164 chimaera

chimaera
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

Summon names were messed up in my SCS/SR SoD run (gog version), even though I had run modmerge before.

#1165 DavidC

DavidC
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:14 AM

Faerie Fire seems weak, even for a 1st-level spells.  I really can't see any circumstance in which I wouldn't give up a FF slot in exchange for another casting of Sunscorch.

Maybe make it a bit more of a niche spell: in addition to the combat penalties for the target, impose a ~+2 casting speed penalty.  So it would be a mild anti-caster spell.

Maybe also have it dispel invisibility, like a single-target Glitterdust.  This way a caster with See Invisible or True Seeing can have a way to make the target visible to his fighter buddies as well.

I like FF quite a bit in the last Revision of Beta4, it removes the untargettable effect of spirit trolls and such allowing mages to target them with single target spells, this almost seems too strong considering its level 1.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users