EET Instalation Failed

I have the last steam version of both BGEE and I already installed EET while ago using BWS, but when I finished ToB I was looking for more mods, so when I try to reinstall EET (with BWS) again I get the following error:

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [EET core - resource importation], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 2 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 2 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("Uninitialised return value: SYSTEM_ARCH")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)
Automatically Skipping [EET core - resource importation] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS EET core - resource importation

C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

ERROR: Failure("Uninitialised return value: SYSTEM_ARCH")
Enhanced Edition Trilogy (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) was not installed due to errors.

Without this component the installation cannot be continued.

I've already reinstalled both games with modmerge and everything. Could anyone help me?

Thanks for the reply. I've tried with all the versions before 11.0 until the 9.2b, including the one I used, which was version 10. The EET installation wasn't completed again, but the message spawning was of a different error, but I didn't copy it to post here thinking no one was going to answer my topic. You think it is worthy to try again for posting the Debug here?

if you used RC 10 then you should try re-installing using RC10 (or 11 if it works and you're on BG:EE+SoD patch 2.5), not earlier versions. Check if EET/temp folder exists. If yes - delete it before trying re-installation. As for debug file you can post it, although I doubt it will tell us anything considering I have no problems with re-installing the mod. Sounds like some weidu bug to me (unless you have the same error when you do completely new installation with those mods too)

Edited by K4thos

Many apologies about the double post, just wanna post the different error that I already said to get when I which EET 11 for the version 9.2f.

ERROR Installing [EET core - resource importation], rolling back to the previous state
Will uninstall 0 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 0 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Sys_error("EET/temp/arch_var.bat: No such file or directory")
Using Language [English]

O nome do diretârio, invàlido. (directory name, invalid)

C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

ERROR: COPY ~.../arch_var.bat~ ~EET/temp/arch_var.bat~ FAILED: cannot open target
ERROR: Sys_error("EET/temp/arch_var.bat: No such file or directory")
Enhanced Edition Trilogy (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) was not installed due to errors.

Without this component, the installation cannot be continued.

You can try to repair the problem and install the component again afterward. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

Edited by Uhtredsson

Also experiencing failed install:

Win7, UAC off, firewall off, antivirus off, and open internet connection off when prompted.
Have clean copies of BGEE, SoD, and BG2EE downloaded from BeamDog.

Selected all green mods

ERROR Installing [EET core - resource importation], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 4 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 4 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "EET/temp/biff/CBUTT.BAM")
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 307378 string entries

C:\Users\Owner\Beamdog Library\00783- BG2>

Without this component the installation cannot be continued.

You can try to repair the problem and install the component again afterwards. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spend time on that now, you can also exit the program.
Enter [r]etry or [e]xit.

I use Windows 7 32bits.

just noticed it now that you're using 32-bit system. EET comes with 64-bit windows weidu by default. I thought windows would display some kind of error regarding lack of compatibility if you're trying to use 64-bit application on 32-bit system. Can anyone confirm that it's not the case? Try copying EET\bin\win32\weidu.exe (which is 32-bit weidu) to main game directory and rename it to setup-EET.exe, replacing old file.

There is a known problem with GoG incremental patch that doesn't have SoD related resources (if I remember correctly CBUTT.BAM is among them). To solve it full GoG release is needed to be installed. But the same should not be the case for Beamdog release (which is a version I'm using). No idea how to help if you're absolutely sure that you're using latest patches (see the readme file for exact patch number version that is required).

Edited by K4thos

There is a known problem with GoG incremental patch that doesn't have SoD related resources (if I remember correctly CBUTT.BAM is among them). To solve it full GoG release is needed to be installed. But the same should not be the case for Beamdog release (which is a version I'm using). No idea how to help if you're absolutely sure that you're using latest patches (see the readme file for exact patch number version that is required).

I'm getting an error about CBUTT.BAM and I have the full version of SoD straight from Beamdog... Edited by subtledoctor

I use Windows 7 32bits.

just noticed it now that you're using 32-bit system. EET comes with 64-bit windows weidu by default. I thought windows would display some kind of error regarding lack of compatibility if you're trying to use 64-bit application on 32-bit system. Can anyone confirm that it's not the case? Try copying EET\bin\win32\weidu.exe (which is 32-bit weidu) to main game directory and rename it to setup-EET.exe, replacing old file.

Tried it, still getting the original ERROR: Failure("Uninitialised return value: SYSTEM_ARCH").

Has there already been a solution I'm missing here?

Has there already been a solution I'm missing here?

Yes, delete ALL the setup-modname.exe's you have in the game folder after trying to install, then do as said above. This is because the weidu.exe auto-updates itself when it's ran, and the 64-bit one is (likely) in higher priority.

I'm doing a BWP install, deleted all setup-modname.exe's from the bg1/bg2 folder, replaced setup-eet.exe with the weidu.exe in the original EET-master.zip file under bin\win32\ (crc32 checksum: 0E78A13B), but when continuing the BWP install the error message remains the same (ERROR: Failure("Uninitialised return value: SYSTEM_ARCH")).

I tried running setup-EET.exe on its own, got the same error, double-checked the checksum: still 0E78A13B (so no change had been applied to it).

Surely there's something I'm missing here. :(