Baldur's Gate updates, Siege of Dragon Spear: Noober FAQ

frostysh

I want to play in BG2:EE on "Legacy of Bhaal" difficulty setting with SCS. What I need to do for it?

1) Have I need to make a new character for it? (I hope no...)

2) Have I need to start a whole new saga in SoA?

3) If I need to start a new game, can I export my character from BG2:EE and import to Siege of Dragon Spear, then complete this 'siege' at LoB-setting and export the character into BG2:EE again? Or I need to import my character from BG:EE, The Black Pits 1, to 'siege' than complete the siege and export it to the BG2:EE ?

4) Can I use SCS with 'Siege' and BG2:EE latest patch???

5) Can I use Tactics for EE with the 'Siege' and BG2:EE latest patch???

6) Can I use Asteria's Restoration Project with BG2:EE latest patch?

7) Can I use Unfinished Business with BG2:EE latest patch?

Thanx for the answers.

3) ??? Why export from BG2? You could just make a new SoD game, it gives you the default BG2 start char if memory serves.

It's a basic BG1EE game, so no Tactics ARP or UB... and if you intent to mod it, and it's not from Beamdog, you need a mod that allows you to mod the combo game.

And then export that char to the BG2(EE) game to "continue" the story.

3) ??? Why export from BG2? You could just make a new SoD game, it gives you the default BG2 start char if memory serves.

It's a basic BG1EE game, so no Tactics ARP or UB... and if you intent to mod it, and it's not from Beamdog, you need a mod that allows you to mod the combo game.

And then export that char to the BG2(EE) game to "continue" the story.

Lol... I am does not understood.

1) BG1 =========> SoD ==========> BG2 : my char ======> default char ======> my char O_o .

So SoD just an addition, and you playing there are not with a 'braal spawn' but with the default character O_O. ?? So if I will finish the SoD - that will give nothin' to my 'old' char??? And he will be same as he was after BG1, the Black Pits 1???

2) BG2:EE version > 2.0 is allows to me to play in at "Legacy of Bhaal" difficulty???? Or I need to start a new game with it?? :(

3) Can I install at least SCS on BG2:EE version > 2.0 with a LoB difficulty setting?

1) If you have an BG1EE char, you can export him to your BG SoD adventure... or you can start a new SoD game. The story happens between the BG1 and BG2.

2) The difficulty setting can be set any time you wish... be it in combat, start of the game or at the very end of the adventure.

3) Well if you can install the SCS to your BG2EE game, then the difficulty has nothing to do with this question ... so the answer is irrelevant.

1) If you have an BG1EE char, you can export him to your BG SoD adventure... or you can start a new SoD game. The story happens between the BG1 and BG2.

Good, so I will export my char from bg1 to SoD and runthrough it I make.

2) The difficulty setting can be set any time you wish... be it in combat, start of the game or at the very end of the adventure.

But.

I need to start a whole new game to jump from INSANE to LOB difficulty setting?

Yes. LoB is permanent. I wouldn't recommend it for a serious runthrough in the current state. Good thing is you can turn off difficulty based damage increase in options but I still wouldn't recommend it for a real run.

You will also lose all your saves from 1.3 version.

{. . .}

So Critical Error in my head!

3) Well if you can install the SCS to your BG2EE game, then the difficulty has nothing to do with this question ... so the answer is irrelevant.

I hope I will no lose my all saves, but if I will, I must to lead out my party on Insane from The Underdark, and then with a good riddance (and make sure that they in safe, yeah I am sentimentally :p ) will start the new game...

Archived