Compatibility issues and recommended install order

Demivrgvs

This mod has been designed to work with BG2: Throne of Bhaal. It has not been extensively tested solely with BG2: Shadows of Amn, but there are no problems anticipated if the expansion is not installed. The mod has been tested and should be completely compatible with both BGT and Tutu.

Spell Revisions should also work fine with most other WeiDU and non-WeiDU mods (it has been tested with most of them). Small problems may arise if you've installed other spell-modifying mods before SR. Spell Revisions will overwrite changes made by these mods (although new spells introduced by them probably won't be affected). To prevent this, you may wish to disable specific changes made by this mod (as described in the readme).

In general, Spell Revisions should be installed after the BG2 Fixpack and before AI enhancing mods. Install it before all mods that change spells unless you want their versions. I highly recommend installing DavidW's SCS II. All my efforts will be put to achieve compatibility between the two mods. DavidW himself has been kindly enough to take SR into account in many occasions.

Spell Revisions may have some compatibility issues with Divine Remix, so it is not recommended to use them together at this time. Currently, installing SR after Divine Remix will result in divine spells no longer following the sphere system while installing Divine Remix after SR will result in the replacement of some of SR's spell descriptions and the disappearance of some of SR's new and moved spells.

Spell Revisions is somewhat incompatible with gMinion as that mod is based upon vanilla's creatures, while SR's ones are heavily changed. Anyway, SR provides custom scripts for its creatures heavily inspired by gMinion itself. Installing gMinion before SR should enable its scripts for non-SR creatures, but I haven't tested it.

Should SR Update Spellbook component be installed after "Level 1 NPCs" mod? BiG World v11 guide explicitly states it should go after all NPC mods. It indeed leaves this component until after all mods that add new NPCs, but recommends Level 1 NPCs be installed much much later. Since that mod significantly alters the at-joining state joinable NPCs, and I presume their capabilities and spells too, it seems to me that this component should come after.

Maybe it's not a problem and I'm being overly cautious, but I'd like to get this done right the first time. I've been staring at the BW guide for well over 20hrs in the course of the last week or two, have re-read readmes for all the mods I'm interested in a half dozen times, and scoured every relevant thread I could find. It haunts me in my dreams. This has been more work than I was counting on, and I'd really like to finish up now and get to playing before I lose interest in BG2 before I even start playing. Advice appreciated. And adding this clarification to the readme/this thread/BW guide wouldn't go amiss I think. Thanks.

The Update Spellbooks component relies on a more robust method than L1NPC, so it is safe to install over it.

L1NPC doesn't take SR's new spells into account, so if you install it after US you will miss those spells until the first level-up.

Resurrecting this thread even though it contains some outdated information (hey, it's pinned) to ask a question about compatibility for v4:

aTweaks "PnP Fiends" component makes some pretty big (and pretty great) changes to the three fiend-summoning spells, Cacofiend, Summon Fiend, and Gate. SR v4 re-purposes Cacofiend as a summoning spell for necromancers.

Is anyone using both of these mods together? Will it caue problems? Is it a simply a question of load order? Or are they just plain incompatible?

Inquiring minds want to know... not that necromancers don't deserve some love, but it would be nice to find a way to preserve aTweaks' Cacofiend if possible. Maybe combine Summon Djinni and Summon Efreet, and then there's an extra Conjuration slot open? (Or has that been done already? I forget.)

Resurrecting this thread even though it contains some outdated information (hey, it's pinned) to ask a question about compatibility for v4:

aTweaks "PnP Fiends" component makes some pretty big (and pretty great) changes to the three fiend-summoning spells, Cacofiend, Summon Fiend, and Gate. SR v4 re-purposes Cacofiend as a summoning spell for necromancers.

Is anyone using both of these mods together? Will it caue problems? Is it a simply a question of load order? Or are they just plain incompatible?

Inquiring minds want to know... not that necromancers don't deserve some love, but it would be nice to find a way to preserve aTweaks' Cacofiend if possible. Maybe combine Summon Djinni and Summon Efreet, and then there's an extra Conjuration slot open? (Or has that been done already? I forget.)

Cacofiend is "Summon Death Knight" in SRv4. This spell is also available to clerics at level 7.

Level 8 and 9 are demons - Glabrezu and Pit Fiend.

I used them before together, I kind of depends if I'm in the mood for uber-hard SCS-modified demons, or I prefer the sheer numbers of gated demons aTweaks grants.

Imo, the best (most fun actually) setup I had was where I used aTweaks for mage summons and left clerics with Death Knights (Gate shouldn't be available to clerics so soon). The only way I could do this is desribed here.

Using these mods together won't cause trouble - you'll have some less-than-perfect AI if you don't hack aTweaks spellcasting scripts to account for changed spell schools (I do, but I'm a perfectionist); most players can probably live with that however; and some won't even notice (when 15+ demons start hacking at you the last thing you are worried about is Detectable Spells :D )

Archived