Does EET biff things?

I'm starting to (finally) put together an EET install, with an eye to playing it on my iPad since it seems modding on iOS is finally a reality.

But, if mod resources are biffed into the game files, I'm not sure it's likely we could get them into the iOS game. So far I've just succeeded in moving the contents of /override, /portraits, and /lang. For most mods that is all you need. But for EET...?

I'm starting to (finally) put together an EET install, with an eye to playing it on my iPad since it seems modding on iOS is finally a reality.

But, if mod resources are biffed into the game files, I'm not sure it's likely we could get them into the iOS game. So far I've just succeeded in moving the contents of /override, /portraits, and /lang. For most mods that is all you need. But for EET...?

It does not do a general biffing at the end of the install like former BGT would require. It creates a large number of biffs in the BG2EE/data when it imports the BGEE SoD and mod resources from BGEE/override. However afterwards the processed BG1 resources are put into BG2EE/override in their converted form. No idea how the imported data that is not changed is assessed when playing.

Look at the code in setup-EET.tp2. I do not claim I understand all of it. At least I see the results in my EET install. I find all BG1 data that was modified by EET (e.g.renamed are-files) in override but not the unchanged (e.g. the corresponding TIS-files,).It looks like NOT all data is in override but some may be in the new biffs in data (e.g. eetBD0.bif, eetBG00.bif...there are about 100 of them + some that sound like they contain biffed BG1 mod data).

Best person to answer is k4thos, but he has not been around for some time. I hope my observations help a bit anyway.

PS - I also looked at some resources from BG1 in EET with Near Infinity and the data source is either a biff or override, so my observations are confirmed by NI as well.

post-5210-0-21627500-1509524224_thumb.jpg

Edited by Roxanne

Ooh... that's gonna make it harder. I don't think the iOS game has any facility to import biffed resources in the /data folder...

Although, it has no facility to import the .tlk file either, and people are doing that by importing the /lang folder. So maybe I can get it to import the entire /data folder... maybe? We'll see. Thanks for the info at least.