BG 2 (Original) spell targeting confusion?

Howdy again peeps,

I have a question regarding one of my spells. Basically, I have made a ring which, when worn, gives the melee and ranged attacks of its wearer a 5% chance to fully heal party members in the near vicinity of the hit impact. So basically, if you shoot an arrow at a target far away from you ... all your allies near that area should be healed fully.

I have currently set the chance to 100% for debugging purpose. And frankly, the ring is actually healing my enemies, not my party members.

I used a custom spell, which targets 1 creature. Its projectile animation is #158-Instant Area (Party Only). The effects of the spell have a "Pre-target" setting.
Then I have created a custom EFF file, which casts spell (at Point) [Opcode 148], with resource set as my spell name, and target set to "Self".

Finally, my ring, has Set Melee Effect [248] and Set Ranged Effect 249] in the Equipped section, with my custom EFF file as resource. The target is self.

I can't understand how come my enemies are healed instead of my party members?

Thanks in advance

Could be the "Cast Spell at Point" is messing that up; it changes the caster of the followup spell to the target of the attack. Don't use it; just use "Cast Spell" instead. You don't need "Cast Spell at Point" if the actual spell is always centered on a target.

Do this: Melee/Ranged Hit Effect >> Custom EFF (Self, While Equipped) >> EFF set to Cast Spell, Instantly (Yes), 5% chance >> Custom Spell >> Custom Spell has Target set to Living Actor, projectile is Instant Area (Party Only), the effects themselves are set to Preset Target.

Edited by ABlake