Thanks for the link, Ajnos. Yeah, charging money for the mods = not a good idea. I really hope this mod not is going to steal Domi's dialogue, as well(and charge for it).

(I haven't seen any mention of G3 on the link, though, so that was probably a matter-non-related-to-G3).

Yeah, the liberal use of the word "jerk" in that letter does not truly inspire. Looks more like a Moongaze situation.

Has anyone we know checked whether the mod in question uses NWN2 mod's dialogue or not? It doesn't bother me it uses NWN2 characters(since it's the realm of fanfiction anyhow), but it bothers me that it may use dialogue created by another writer without crediting or, well, anything.

Edit: I posted this reply without noticing the time difference to the original post, that was a call for contributions (not to say I did not see the postnecromancy). I apologize. All controversy left in my opinion is the question about piracy from Domi's NWN romance pack.

Original post:

If there is such a controversy about a mod I want to know about it if I read a call for participation. Thank you for the links, Ajnos and SapphireIce101.

Where are the 48 people of the team who stayed, I wonder. Anyone to be heared anywhere? No-one having an account on Nexus or here? What a coincidence.

And no, not reading and / or ignoring the terms and rules is no excuse and cannot be used as one. Or to phrase it differently: If someone who has such a history of ignoring or "not knowing" terms of use and violating them states that he/she will do everything right from now on, I have sincere doubts the person will succeed in doing so (nothing personal, just my life experience).

I dearly hope that SkyRomMod does not use content of G3's NWN2 Romance mod.

(I do admit all my judgement is based ob what was linked, I have no other insight and did not look at the mod myself).

A lot of these failings could be explained by naivety, but putting up a picture of someone else and claiming it is you is a little strange.

I didn't see any evidence to back up the allegation that content may have been taken from the NWN2 Romance Pack, but you can investigate by checking out some videos of the mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCna1CuT-yc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZvwu4wLbdc&t=3m15s

The second linked video is... um. (But thanks for the links, anyway.)

And I just noticed the original post was from June '14. I thought it's a new post for search of new participants after the controversy.

My scolding about not posting about the controversy does not make any sense in this context, apologies for that!

well... what can I say? Bishop's butt is like my own - perfectly shaped.

and making SKSE and FNIS-free animations is a rather horrible idea. but dont' get my wrong lol It was fantastic - first half of the movie contains quality dialog, second half top notch animations of kissing albas - splendid. /wipes tears/

thx for the links made my day

btw. nice armor from Terra collection for Skyrim in the second movie. google it and install if you are playing Skyrim - worth it!! there's a ton of conversions too.

I've seen the NWN2 G3 Romance Mod bits. I can fire it up and see if I can get some screenshots.* Lots of the flirts were the same, the "Daydream about Bishop" "you walk among autumn leaves" and there's even a bit of the Casivir/Bishop bickering, though you can't have both travel with you at the same time. Some of it is kind of reworded to apply to Elder Scrolls lore and some isn't, (ex. Casivir is a paladin though that isn't really a thing in ES). Idk. It was obvious to me where most of the flirts/romance came from.

EDIT: *I'm having a mod conflict, so I can either have eitherr Bishop or Interesting NPCs. I'm going with INPC, because it's huge, working peachy and I really like it. I extracted some dlg with Creation Kit though. This "daydream" and the "autumn leaves" I specifically I recall from the G3 mod. I can send the untidy version raw txt if anyone wants it. There's a bit more, just not easy for me to get to in-game right now. (My mod order, you guys! My current working game!)

KVMBishop GetIsID == 1 NordRace Bishops_Voice KVMMeetingBishop KVMMeetingBishopFlirtwithBishop Topic PlayerDialogue Custom KVMMeetingBishopdaydream FormID 0203E4A4 1 Data\Sound\Voice\Bishop.esp\Bishops_Voice\KVMMeeting_KVMMeetingBisho_0003DF3C_1.xwm
(Daydream about Bishop)

(The golden leaves are ankle-deep, and they rustle as you walk. Bishop leans over and throws a handful at you.) (His laughter echoes, the crisp sunlight turns his hair redder than you remember ever seeing it.) (The leaves smell of everything that was in the summer as you roll together, trying to bury one another under them.)

(Daydream about Bishop)
(Bishop thoughtfully unlaces his shirt and pulls it over his head, venturing into the shiny lake water. His back and shoulders are lean) (set with tight muscles. The auburn hair curl at the nape of his neck. He disappears under the surface, and comes back up in a fountain) (of sparkling water, facing you. The water runs down his face and chest as he beckons you closer, with the all-too-familiar wicked grin on his face.)

(Daydream about Bishop)
(You wake up in the middle of the night realizing Bishop is watching you. Fighting down the urge to look him in the eyes) (you force yourself to remain still with your breath even. You hear the sound of his voice muffled and strain your ears to try and hear) (what he is saying; but the murmur is too quiet to make out anything except the surprise in his voice and a whine sounding like "can't understand") (and "need you more than I want you.")

(Daydream about Bishop)
(The ranger emerges from behind the bushes and beckons you to follow him quietly. Being as stealthy as you can, you move behind Bishop) (and soon find yourself on a border of a small, sun-bathed glade. A family of foxes lounges right in the middle; little cubs are happily playing) (around their basking parents. You peek at your companion and see that his face is lit with a small, unguarded smile) (that clearly indicates he is enjoying the sight as much as you do. But the moment Bishop realizes you are looking at him, his smile fades.) (He turns abruptly and leaves without sparing the foxes, or you, another glance.)

Apparently so?

(quoted from the apology letter, March 12,2015)

Edit 1/29/2015: I also had my doubt about using lines from Gibberlings3 Mod. Because indeed I copied lines from this mod without asking for permission.

Edit 2/06/2015: I have removed all 4 flirts descriptions I had taken from Gibberlings3 Mod. I still want to credit this old mod because it inspired me to make Skyrim Romance Mod.

I take it they never contacted you.

Archived