Keldorn gets talkative

No banter stuff.

Yeah, to cut it short, here's the Weidu:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DISPEL_FIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Fix dispel effect
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings,   Dwarves, and Gnomes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in  Wrath Hell Trial: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v8
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v8
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations: v7
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: v7
// Recently Uninstalled: ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: v7
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: v7
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: v7

You'll notice I uninstalled Jaheria Neutral Good: it's because my True Neutral Jaheira couldn't equip her Harper Pin. (It's Tweak Pack - related, forget it)

On a side note, it seems that when Keldorn is silenced, he can't use his innate 'Dispel Magic' ? That's been my sad experience lately.

Silence reportedly blocks all special abilities and spells except Vocalize and Teleport to Pocket Plane. This is handled by the game executable.

Now it's Minsc getting talkative.

He's been hurt, reduced to 5 HP. Fine. We go to an inn and rest, he's still not cured, others were hurt too. I give him the Ring of Regeneration. We get out. When he reaches 15HP, Minsc starts doing all his funny 'hurt' speeches in circle. Then at 20 HP, he reminds me we need to go to Innesvale and that's it.

Then immediately, Viconia asks Edwin about his virility.

It happened after we eliminated Arkanis.

Another unrelated issue: when finishing Maevar, one of his dudes charms Jaheira. She just stays there, not fighting anyone.

Edit:

Another problem:

In the Bridge District murder probe, a false lead is boy Faraji telling Mrs Cragmoon is to blame. You promise him 10 GP if he talks, but it seems you don't pay up.

Edit 2:

And in the talk timer category:

Just when we're about to reach the South Tombs, Korgan reminds us his quest ('The tomb beckons...'), and forgets his 'This is the way! I just knows it...' line. Then, when the mummy has been slain, just after his 'We must away' line, the 'That's the way!' line appears out of time.

Oh! And right when we get in daylight again, Korgan most annoyingly reminds the Valygar quest 'before he loses his patience', just when we're running his first quest (Pimlico).

And then, at Pimlico's Korgan's line is delayed 30 seconds when we find his body.

Another issue:

In the Druid Grove, Ihtafeer, when you talk to her, says you stink of Djinns.

But then, after she's hit: 'You dare attack us+?! You're not of the Djinns'. Obviously, this line was meant in case of sucker punch.

There may be something fishy in Trademeet too: the merchants accepted to sell items after the Dao left, but the animal attacks hadn't stopped yet. They didn't at once, only when we came back.

In the Bridge District murder probe, a false lead is boy Faraji telling Mrs Cragmoon is to blame. You promise him 10 GP if he talks, but it seems you don't pay up.
Yeah, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious time for him to take the money. Maybe at the end of the dialogue.

<<<<<<<<farajifix.d
ADD_TRANS_ACTION murdboy1 BEGIN 7 END BEGIN 0 END ~TakePartyGold(10)~
>>>>>>>>
COMPILE farajifix.d

Edit 2:

And in the talk timer category:

Just when we're about to reach the South Tombs, Korgan reminds us his quest ('The tomb beckons...'), and forgets his 'This is the way! I just knows it...' line. Then, when the mummy has been slain, just after his 'We must away' line, the 'That's the way!' line appears out of time.

Oh! And right when we get in daylight again, Korgan most annoyingly reminds the Valygar quest 'before he loses his patience', just when we're running his first quest (Pimlico).

And then, at Pimlico's Korgan's line is delayed 30 seconds when we find his body.

Sounds like you were really unlucky, but I don't know if this is really something that can be fixed without adding dialogue state conditions and potentially causing other problems.

Another issue:

In the Druid Grove, Ihtafeer, when you talk to her, says you stink of Djinns.

But then, after she's hit: 'You dare attack us+?! You're not of the Djinns'. Obviously, this line was meant in case of sucker punch.

Yeah, if you make her hostile by either being sent the djinns or by using the dialogue unlocked by Itona, Ithafeer goes through the "go hostile" dialogue again when you attack her.

COPY_EXISTING trrak01.bcs override
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY CASE_INSENSITIVE EVALUATE_REGEXP ~SetGlobal(\"attacked\",\"LOCALS\",1)[ %lnl%]+StartDialogu?e?NoSet(\[PC\])~ ~SetGlobal("attacked","LOCALS",1)~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
BUT_ONLY
<<<<<<<<trrak01.baf
IF
Global("attacked","LOCALS",1)
!Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
Global("SpokeOnce","LOCALS",0)
THEN RESPONSE #100
 SetGlobal("SpokeOnce","LOCALS",1)
 StartDialogueNoSet([PC])
END
>>>>>>>>
EXTEND_TOP trrak01.bcs trrak01.baf //Because there's a NoAction block at the bottom that will return true until !Allegiance(Myself,Neutral)

Or maybe that's needlessly complicated and it's better to simply add a !Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY) trigger to the block that makes her speak to [PC] when attacked or to do nothing at all.

There may be something fishy in Trademeet too: the merchants accepted to sell items after the Dao left, but the animal attacks hadn't stopped yet. They didn't at once, only when we came back.
Most of them should start selling wares once the genies are gone, even though Faldorn hasn't yet been defeated.
Most of them should start selling wares once the genies are gone, even though Faldorn hasn't yet been defeated.

Fine, then the bizarre thing is that there seems to be a delay.

I just mention all those "problems" just in case, thanks for looking into it.

Often, creatures controlled by the party, like a summon or a charmed enemy, are not selectable, instead that's the dialogue icon appearing on them. But if they see an enemy (red), they do attack.

Edit:

Unrelated "problem": each time the party arrives in the Temple Ruins (for the Umar Hills quest), the game announces the death of a Shadow Thief.

Archived