Photo

G3 Development Wiki Fixed!

23 replies to this topic

#16 devSin

devSin
  • Fixpackers
  • 3017 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

No, it just won't accept my password. The one I just created. Right after ace reset it.

#17 theacefes

theacefes

XTREME METAL ROCKER PUNK CHICK WITH ULTRA SURFBOARD

• Gibberling Poobah
  • 2763 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

Things got screwy when the host went haywire (I feel like a broken record now hehe). Please try it again - it should work now.

-Ace

----

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

#18 Avenger

Avenger
  • Modders
  • 3794 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 03:31 AM

It seems, it is impossible to maintain a wiki with anon post enabled.

#19 the bigg

the bigg

The Avatar of F/Ts

• Modders
  • 2337 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 01:15 PM

Admins, please revert the wiki to a previous backup and block anonymous editing.
Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#20 vladislav

vladislav
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:04 PM

eh, is the wiki down again? It would be nice to see...

#21 devSin

devSin
  • Fixpackers
  • 3017 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

The wiki broke the server earlier this year. I don't think the current admins were at all impressed with it.

With any luck, it will finally go offline permanently, now a not-insignificant number of years after my first attempts to get Cam to shut it off and pretend like it never existed.

#22 Zireael07

Zireael07
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:28 AM

The wiki broke the server earlier this year. I don't think the current admins were at all impressed with it.

With any luck, it will finally go offline permanently, now a not-insignificant number of years after my first attempts to get Cam to shut it off and pretend like it never existed.

Will the Wiki be restored?

#23 cmorgan

cmorgan

journeyman investigator

• Gibberlings
  • 7097 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:07 AM

It is doubtful improbable that the Wiki ... oh, who are we kidding.

Nope. As far as the last internal decision made, it will not be restored. Ace and the crew looked at it, and realized we just can't keep up with the botbloat. Even if we could, we have other ways of creating collaboratively now, even if it is as simple ad Gmail.

The data on it is tucked away somewhere, and hopefully time will free up for someone to transform anything useful there into static webpages. The primary folks using the wiki are all retired now anyways, save for berelinde and myself, and we were "Johnny come Latelies".

Which reminds me... we should take it off of any of the menus that still show it.
[Edit: OK, the site stuff has all of the dev.wiki stuff commented out. I'll drop a note to Theacefes to ask for the forum wrapper to do the same.]

Is there something specific you are looking for? Many of the materials presented on the Wiki were explanations/backups from existing mods.

Edited by cmorgan, 29 March 2011 - 07:51 AM.

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by. - Douglas Adams

#24 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Gibberling Poobah
  • 2428 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

I have a copy of the wiki stored here if you want to look at it.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users