Adding Fullplate to existing Megamod

Guest Pekkias

Guest Pekkias

Hey,

I'd like to use this mod with my mega-mod install, but I don't want to install the whole mega pack again...

I tried to install this on top of it but it didn't work, luckily I had backups....

But...would it be possible just to put the modified item files to override, and play after that normally? I realize that editing the descriptions too would not be that easy but is there any other way than manually editing the strings...

If this is possible, could someone of you guys who uses this with their megamod send me those files... Gmail address is Pekkias.

Thanks in advance!

I'd like to use this mod with my mega-mod install, but I don't want to install the whole mega pack again...

I tried to install this on top of it but it didn't work, luckily I had backups....

Well, I am pretty sure that it actually did work, unless you had errors in the install(which you didn't imply you had). Now, you need to encounter new items to actually have the items the mod has modified, so you cannot use a save that you have cathered all the items and assume they magically just update to be the items the mod has modified them to be... like I said in here:
13.2 Modify first, play later...

As the Infinity Engine games save data into the savegames, they can create garbage if you load a savegame that was started before the last mod was installed, and so the principle is as simple as "Modify first, play later", there is theoretically a possibility to actually correct all the faults that the savegame has in it, but it's just theoretical at least in a game that has 1000 modifications(mod components) installed in it.

This makes the BWS'ed games savegames and exported characters invalid after reinstall, so you cannot just go and update and assume that they work the same, they won't, so you need to start a new game.

Guest Pekkias
Well, I am pretty sure that it actually did work, unless you had errors in the install(which you didn't imply you had). Now, you need to encounter new items to actually have the items the mod has modified, so you cannot use a save that you have cathered all the items and assume they magically just update to be the items the mod has modified them to be... like I said in here:
13.2 Modify first, play later...

As the Infinity Engine games save data into the savegames, they can create garbage if you load a savegame that was started before the last mod was installed, and so the principle is as simple as "Modify first, play later", there is theoretically a possibility to actually correct all the faults that the savegame has in it, but it's just theoretical at least in a game that has 1000 modifications(mod components) installed in it.

This makes the BWS'ed games savegames and exported characters invalid after reinstall, so you cannot just go and update and assume that they work the same, they won't, so you need to start a new game.

Thanks for the quick answer,

guess I have to stick with what I have then...

About the errors during install, I don't remember anymore but there might have been some... It was half a year ago or so when I tried... I'm just now getting back to the BG2 when Christmas holidays starts and I have time to continue the story...

And about the save game data storing, does that mean that I have to start a new game if editing items with NI to get the edits come into play?

And about the save game data storing, does that mean that I have to start a new game if editing items with NI to get the edits come into play?
Well, you can use the Console to import the items, but the items the characters already have will stay the same ... with:
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("bag02")

Would result as the bag02.itm, on the first empty inventory space the party has.

Archived