Gypsy Bard

Guest marbre

Guest marbre

So I tried out a Gypsy Bard in tutu. I used BattleSong on Shank in candlekeep and he turned green (friendly) but still attacked me. Then I left the priest quarters and he followed me outside. I thought if i went to the watchers they would defend me, bu no, they just watched. How is this charm battlesong best used?

It could be that he's scripted to attack you anyway. The Watchers probably wouldn't have helped because he was green. :) The song does work (I've tested it) so I guess this is probably one of the areas where the game scripting stops it!

Try having him follow you around for a while; he might eventually stop attacking (or conversely he may not; depends on the scripting).

Guest Guest

Funny thing is, Shank would revert back to red until the magic "puff" went off again, then he would turn back to green. Even when he was "red" the watcher's wouldn't attack him. They're useless. But, if I attacked someone in candlekeep, they would be all over me. :)

Guest Guest

Obviously, I wouldn't get xp for charming enemies instead of dispatching them. So, what would be a practical use for this type of battle song?

If you're not a fan of Charm spells then the song might not be of much use to you. :) You may find it useful when swamped by foes, to get some of them off your back for a while.

Guest Guest

I recall reading that in some cases charming npc's may cause them to forget dialogue they had with you, or something to that affect. The gypsy kit does seem appropriate for the pc since he's basically been kicked out of his home :)

Archived