No action/not bugs

Wisp

Also, I had an idea for a new component although it isn't really anything to do with randomisation. Some of the helmets in the game have completely different appearances on their in game avatar to what the inventory bam would suggest. I guess this is to do with the crossover from BG1-BG2. One that is particuarly noticeable is the flaming fist helm - they are supposed to have the plumed helm in BG1 but with tutu it carries the 'winged helm' appearance. Perhaps the in game helms could be fixed to match the inventory paperdolls?

I think the problem is that some graphical resources from BG1 are missing in BG2, and simply importing them isn't an option because of the different avatars in BG1 and BG2 (i.e. there's nothing simple about it). In other words, there's nothing I can do, and it is something that falls more within the domain of e.g. 1PP.

Guest Guest_Loz_*

Yeah I agree its not really an item randomiser thing, but interestingly the nashkel guards seem to wear the plumed helms when they are supposed to have the winged helms - seems like them and the flaming fist just got reversed for some weird reason.

but interestingly the nashkel guards seem to wear the plumed helms when they are supposed to have the winged helms - seems like them and the flaming fist just got reversed for some weird reason.

Huh. In that case I don't know what's going on.

This isn't a bug, but i've found that there are no breach scrolls for sale in Athkatla. Perhaps this is not intended?

Well, the two scrolls normally carried by Ribald are intentionally randomised.

There should be scrolls for sale in Athkatla:

the merchant being hassled by the City Gates should have two.

There should also be some available for sale outside Athaktla, though the merchant may be hard to find. But most Breach scrolls would appear to be in the randomisation pool.

I take it you are of the opinion bare necessities like Breach shouldn't be that hard to find?

I wonder if this is IR-related, but the Machine of Lum the Mad is bugged and the cause could be the randomization of the mace that somehow messed things up; if not, then I've no clue.

Basically, I'm no longer allowed to make three choices when playing with the machine: after two I get the a random effect.

For example, in order to open the portal to the next level I usually need to click triangle-red-medium, but after selecting triangle and red the machine thinks I'm done and I receive the random effect.

The same happens whatever combination I use.

Edit: I fixed that myself changing a line in gorlum2.dlg

Global("counter","GLOBAL",2)

has to be

Global("counter","GLOBAL",3)

I wonder if this is IR-related, but the Machine of Lum the Mad is bugged and the cause could be the randomization of the mace that somehow messed things up; if not, then I've no clue.

Basically, I'm no longer allowed to make three choices when playing with the machine: after two I get the a random effect.

For example, in order to open the portal to the next level I usually need to click triangle-red-medium, but after selecting triangle and red the machine thinks I'm done and I receive the random effect.

The same happens whatever combination I use.

Item Randomiser only does a straight REPLACE_TEXTUALLY on the GiveItemCreate action, so I don't see how it could cause this.

Edit: I fixed that myself changing a line in gorlum2.dlg

Global("counter","GLOBAL",2)

has to be

Global("counter","GLOBAL",3)

The counter should start from 0, so it's odd it'd work when you change it to check for the value 3.

Guess I'll check during the next reinstallation.

I still have issues with Cespenar: after a couple successful creations I have to manually set the global ITEMCREATE to 0 or he's stuck with the ''Enjoy!'' dialogue option.

I still have issues with Cespenar: after a couple successful creations I have to manually set the global ITEMCREATE to 0 or he's stuck with the ''Enjoy!'' dialogue option.

Also odd. Item Randomiser doesn't use that variable, or that state, for that matter (it introduces its own state). Additionally, hitting upon either the vanilla "Enjoy!" state, or the one used by Item Randomiser should, by itself, set the appropriate variable to zero.

Not really a bug, but still.

Neira in Nashkel (via easytutu) is wielding a suit of armour and gets another by the randomizer.

It sounds like normal behaviour.

I've toyed with the idea of removing non-magical items when they are replaced by a magical item, but haven't gotten around to writing it.

Guest Gate70

Hi

Mode 1 fails under my Linux/Wine install. Not sure if it's a bug or something I'm doing incorrectly. Mode 3 works fine though.

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "randomiser/ssl/ssl_out/fltier.baf")

the ssl_out folder is empty and I can't see fltier.baf anywhere.

Guest Gate70

Forget it, had to manually lower case 3 of the files - probably didn't run tolower correctly. Will probably have to re-install as ran without deleting the randomiser folder and it now is skipping the random tome option.

Forget it, had to manually lower case 3 of the files - probably didn't run tolower correctly. Will probably have to re-install as ran without deleting the randomiser folder and it now is skipping the random tome option.

Odd. To my knowledge all files should be in lower case. Which files did you need to change? Are you installing on BGT or some other platform?

Guest Gate70
Odd. To my knowledge all files should be in lower case. Which files did you need to change? Are you installing on BGT or some other platform?

3 files in the data folder were 25Creatures.bif, Areas.bif and Items.bif. This was from Easytutu. As I said probably just me doing something silly as I'm not great with Linux.

Archived