Sword of Chaos unusuable by Dorn

sturmvogel

Not sure if it's vanilla or this mod, but it doesn't make sense to me that Dorn can't use the Sword of Chaos. It's tagged as unusable by paladins, but it makes perfect sense that Dorn can use it since its vampiric ability seems right in line with Dorn's kit as a Blackguard.

While I'm on the subject of Dorn, his sword, Ravager, is really lame in BG2 and gets quickly sold. Perhaps some sort of upgrade might be in order? Or maybe just a straight revision? If you prefer the former, the player should be informed very early in some way so that the sword isn't sold prematurely. Maybe some sort of rumor that Dorn tells the player about upon joining?

That's because Dorn is flagged as a Paladin, and when I flagged the SoC as "not usable by Paladins" I was not expecting that. :D Anyway, I can make it usable by Dorn and still not usable by Paladins for the next build.

Regarding Dorn's Ravager (btw, now we have two Reaver and two Ravager weapons in the game, great imagination with the name!) I'll see if I can do something about it, but without adding an Item Upgrade component (which is unlikely considering neither Arda nor Mike are modding) the weapon has to remain balanced for BG1, thus nothing exceptional.

I'm disappointed to see that you'll probably not going to do any sort of item upgrades as I'd kinda thought that that might be the next step for IR, but I can certainly understand why you're not eager to get into that. I'll be quite happy just to get the Sword of Chaos fixed.

While I haven't gotten far enough in the game to get Jahiera's Harper Pin, is that one of the few NPC items that you're satisfied with the vanilla version? I don't necessarily think that it needs any changes, but I was just curious.

And while I'm fairly certain that Blessed Bolts +3 (Bolt08) aren't yours, they do have one problem in their price. I sold the ten that I got from the Unseeing Eye Quest for 25K, which allowed me to buy several very nice pieces of equipment from Ribald. I know that aVenger mentions them in either Rogue Rebalancing or aTweaks, but I'd like to see their value cut down to something a bit more reasonable as suitable for a piece of ammunition. They're less powerful than an Arrow of Slaying and should cost less than that, IMO. If this is nothing that you can fix, I'll contact him, or Ardanis, and see if they're the responsible party.

I'm disappointed to see that you'll probably not going to do any sort of item upgrades as I'd kinda thought that that might be the next step for IR, but I can certainly understand why you're not eager to get into that. I'll be quite happy just to get the Sword of Chaos fixed.

I simply do not have enough time to do everything between IR, SR and KR. My list of things to do is already freaking long...

While I haven't gotten far enough in the game to get Jahiera's Harper Pin, is that one of the few NPC items that you're satisfied with the vanilla version? I don't necessarily think that it needs any changes, but I was just curious.

I don't particularly like it because it doesn't fit Jaheira so well imo, but I haven't changed it because I think it's 100% accurate to PnP (need to re-check but I'm almost sure).

And while I'm fairly certain that Blessed Bolts +3 (Bolt08) aren't yours, they do have one problem in their price. I sold the ten that I got from the Unseeing Eye Quest for 25K, which allowed me to buy several very nice pieces of equipment from Ribald. I know that aVenger mentions them in either Rogue Rebalancing or aTweaks, but I'd like to see their value cut down to something a bit more reasonable as suitable for a piece of ammunition. They're less powerful than an Arrow of Slaying and should cost less than that, IMO. If this is nothing that you can fix, I'll contact him, or Ardanis, and see if they're the responsible party.

Actually, they are mine :D but something strange must be going on because the value of each of them is 40gp (IR's Arrow of Slaying is 1000gp just so you know)...where did you sold them? Do you have Store Revision installed or not?

Yes, I have Store Revisions installed (see my earlier minor kvetching about ammo reduction/redistribution). I can't remember if I sold them to Ribald or to the Fletcher, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't to one of the fences as they generally pay less for things. I think that I've got a few others that I haven't sold yet and can see what prices I'm offered at various stores, if you'd like.

Yes, I have Store Revisions installed (see my earlier minor kvetching about ammo reduction/redistribution). I can't remember if I sold them to Ribald or to the Fletcher, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't to one of the fences as they generally pay less for things. I think that I've got a few others that I haven't sold yet and can see what prices I'm offered at various stores, if you'd like.

Yes please. Getting 25k from a bunch of bolts is pretty much breaking the entire work done to prices within Store Revisions.

Can anyone else check these bolts value in-game? Or did anyone found a shop/vendor who covers you in money for some strange reason?

You can see my Weidu over in the SCS forum as I've also got a problem with TorGal being unkillable. I'm not noticing any other issues with items as everything else from IR seems to be working just fine. I'm planning on rolling back my installation to install the latest SCS and the new beta of IR once DavidW's had a chance to see if there's anything wrong between SCS and BG2:EE 1.3, but I'm not planning on reinstalling everything as I really don't want to start a new game.

You can see my Weidu over in the SCS forum as I've also got a problem with TorGal being unkillable. I'm not noticing any other issues with items as everything else from IR seems to be working just fine. I'm planning on rolling back my installation to install the latest SCS and the new beta of IR once DavidW's had a chance to see if there's anything wrong between SCS and BG2:EE 1.3, but I'm not planning on reinstalling everything as I really don't want to start a new game.

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3070 // Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices -> Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre): v16

This might be the problem. IR "Store Revisions" already does have this included (in a way - you don't get change in price regardless of your reputation).

Archived