Ping! Ping! Beta Testers!

FredSRichardson

I have not beta tested before, but I wouldnt mind doing it.

I've never actually played IWD1 before, although I have it and the add on (in truth, I bought it in a pack with a whole lot of D&D games, and I started a game, but wanted to wait till this conversion was ready so that I could play it with 3e rules!)

I would offer to help with coding but I dont know what skills you need.

I have not beta tested before, but I wouldnt mind doing it.

I've never actually played IWD1 before, although I have it and the add on (in truth, I bought it in a pack with a whole lot of D&D games, and I started a game, but wanted to wait till this conversion was ready so that I could play it with 3e rules!)

I would offer to help with coding but I dont know what skills you need.

Okay, I'll send you a PM when the next beta is ready.

It will be interesting to see what you think of the conversion without having played the original. Actually, if you have sufficient familiarity with IWD2, that will help a lot. IWD1 is a much simpler game in many ways. I felt the story line was it's strong suit. IWD2 did a lot with complicated battle scripting and spawning that you won't see in IWD1 (of course, that leaves room for another mod ;))

Alright, great news! I'll let you all know as soon as I have something.

I'm pretty close. Right now I'm on "Tomb of Kresselack - first level" and trying to work through the other levels. I want to release the Beta for the completion of the Vale of Shadows. I realize this may not seem like it's very far along, but there's actually quite a lot of work behind it.

I'm working on converting monsters and would love to get some others involved in this. I've almost (but not quite) come up with a process. I'll provide more documentation in the future ;)

I don't think I'll be able to.

I don't have as much time as I did when I first signed up, and I don't have either expansion pack, so I might not even be able to play unless you fixed that.

Now worries! I'll try to make it work with IWD1 alone (I think that's pretty important).

If you get time later you can always pick it up then ;)

-Fred

What does beta tester need to do?

If only playing the game and reporting bugs, I am willing to do so.

Actually I've played through IWD1, HOW and IWD2 several times.

And I really happy to see IWD1 being converted to IWD2 engine. :)

Sorry, forgot to login before posting.

Fogot to tell, I have enough time in the coming week.

Hey there,

I'm still working on a Beta. I haven't gotten as far as I'd like. Converting Mytos was a little tough, but it gave me a chance to overhaul the generic CRE conversion stuff so that may make things go a bit faster.

So, I'll you need to do is backup a few files and folders (so you can recover your game without uninstall/reinstall) and run the installer. You need to have IWD1+HOW+ToTLM and IWD2 installed (I'll try to see if I can make it work with IWD1 only, but not for this beta I'm afraid).

-Fred

Hey there,

I'm still working on a Beta. I haven't gotten as far as I'd like. Converting Mytos was a little tough, but it gave me a chance to overhaul the generic CRE conversion stuff so that may make things go a bit faster.

So, I'll you need to do is backup a few files and folders (so you can recover your game without uninstall/reinstall) and run the installer. You need to have IWD1+HOW+ToTLM and IWD2 installed (I'll try to see if I can make it work with IWD1 only, but not for this beta I'm afraid).

-Fred

OK, I just have the game installed. Which folders needed to backup?

And where can I get the beta version file?

First of all thank you for your effort. I have been keeping a close eye on your project for a few last moths and I hope that you will succeed.

I am more than willing to help you If you need one more beta tester than. I suppose something between 8 and 14 hours per week is manageable in my case (i.e for play testing and writing down results). .

Best Regards,

First of all thank you for your effort. I have been keeping a close eye on your project for a few last moths and I hope that you will succeed.

I am more than willing to help you If you need one more beta tester than. I suppose something between 8 and 14 hours per week is manageable in my case (i.e for play testing and writing down results). .

Best Regards,

Wow, you're in! Of course, I'll hold you to that time commitment...

I'm just kidding! My time allocation for this project has been spotty at best. Whatever you can do is great. 8-14 hours is pretty generous :)

I'll be in touch,

-Fred

Archived