BG2: Problems and bug reports

DeathAngel

After that encounter at the lust chambers at the Drow city, when you reply "It won't happen again", there's a loop, Gavin keeps repeating "Thank you for that".

There's also a reply missing in one of the flirts/PID (no valid reply or link), but I don't remember where it was, sorry. I also found a few typos. I could check my screenshots tomorrow, if you like.

Edited by Evaine Dian

Yeah, I kind of need either screenshots or quotes for the typos and NVROL.

I'm starting to wonder if I uploaded the wrong version or something, because I *know* I fixed that drow encounter. This thing had 43 alphas, so I suppose it's possible that I packaged the wrong one. You are talking about the one with Masyrd, right?

Does he keep repeating "Thank you for that" or do you have to go through the whole dialogue over and over? And I really don't get it, because I'm closing the variables in every PC reply option in the first state. Not only that, but the dialogue is called from the cutscene, not by the script, so it really should only get triggered once.

Nope, I uploaded the wrong version, I'm sure of it now. Because it's got the same error I had in alpha 42 that I fixed in alpha 43.

I'll check the rest of the stuff I had on the changelog for that alpha and upload v7 in 45. Gods, I feel like an ass.

Edited by berelinde

Yes, I meant the encounter with Masyrd. Gavin keeps repeating "thank you for that", I have to shut down the game to get out of that loop.

Deleted

Whoops, scratch that last issue I had, it seems it was just a glitch that was gone when I reloaded! Sorry! :)

Edited by Evaine Dian

The Masyrd bug is real, though. I ran into it in testing and fixed it, but then dummy went and packaged the wrong file, so the changes never made it into the finished mod. It's mostly dialogue typos, though, rather than code typos.

Just as well. The evil PC redemption path wasn't working properly before. Now it is. Part of the reason that this has taken so long is that I went back and tested everything to make sure the fixes actually fixed what they were supposed to fix. With over 70 saved games to choose from, I had one close to that point.

I'm uploading v7 as I type. This will have all the fixes that were included in alpha 43. With any luck, this will be the last of them, although it's still possible that there are typos in the mod. No matter how careful I am or how thorough my proofreaders were (and they really were... you should have *seen* some of the typos!), there are always a few that sneak through. Heck, BG2 has been out for 10 years and people are still finding typos.

I just uninstalled old and reinstalled new (but I went on with a previous save with my NE PC and the Mazzy thing is driving me up a wall. I cntl-y'd her and now it stops, but when I click on him to talk he says only "Can I get that for you, Mazzy?"

And she's freakin' dead and I can't even flirt!

Mistake, taking her along! I dont' even like her! LOL

So much for no issues.

You got v7?

Edit: Now I'm on the BG2 computer, so I can address this more thoroughly. Evaine Dian reported this issue and it was fixed already. I just confirmed that the fix is still present in v7. As long as your mods are installed in the same order, you should be able to reload an old save.

This is the dialogue block that was glitching. Previously, I had forgotten the DO, but now that's there, so there's no reason for this dialogue to repeat... if you're using v7. If you just reinstalled an older version, it will still be glitching.

/* Gavin-Mazzy 2 - breakfast in high places */
CHAIN
IF ~Global("B!GavMaz2","GLOBAL",1)~ THEN ~B!GavJ~ BGavMaz2 
~[GAVIN] Can I get that for you, Mazzy?~ [bgav244] 
DO ~SetGlobal("B!GavMaz2","GLOBAL",2)~ 
== MAZZYJ ~[MAZZY] No, I can reach...~ 
= ~[MAZZY] Confound it, I can't reach it. Why do we have to tie our food up so high?~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] It's the bears. They'll rummage through anything we leave on the ground.~ 
== MAZZYJ ~[MAZZY] Still, it's rather inconsiderate to task someone with cooking breakfast and then tie all the food eight bloody feet off the ground.~ 
== ~B!GavJ~ ~[GAVIN] Heh. I suppose it is, at that.~ 
EXIT

Edited by berelinde

I'm sorry, then. Yes, I installed v7, however I did install Edwin's flirts afterwards a version or so back and didn't uninstall and reinstall that, so that is likely my problem.

Anyway, I will just go on a previous save and leave Mazzy in her cell. That should fix it.

Sorry to bother.

Oh, are you aware that in the discussion the PC initiates about the "familiar yet alien" part of the rituals there are two words spelled incorrectly in Gavin's response? I don't recall both, but one is "great" instead of "greet" iirc and the other is obvious as well. Just in case you didn't know.

You can release Mazzy and then not recruit her, you know.

It's probable that the issue is reinstalling the mod without backing out Edwin flirts first. WeiDU is usually really good about not corrupting files when reinstalling, but file corruption does sometimes occur. You'll probably be alright once you're in areas you haven't visitied yet. For future reference, I did neglect to delete the beta-testing reinstallation instructions in the documents folder, so it's there should the occasion arise.

Regarding the typos, I was able to find the greet/great one, but I can't find the other. I'm dyslexic, so it's really, really tough for me to spot typos in written text. Could someone else have a peek?

Nope, that one is actually right.

so·mat·ic (sō-māt'ĭk)

adj. 1.Of, relating to, or affecting the body, especially as distinguished from a body part, the mind, or the environment; corporeal or physical. See Synonyms at bodily.

The somatic components of rituals or spells are the movement parts, as opposed to the verbal or material parts. For a priest, the rites of worship are kind of like spells. They have somatic components, what they do during the course of the ritual, verbal components, what they say during the course of the ritual, and material components, i.e. the holy symbol.

Nope, that one is actually right.

so·mat·ic (sō-māt'ĭk)

adj. 1.Of, relating to, or affecting the body, especially as distinguished from a body part, the mind, or the environment; corporeal or physical. See Synonyms at bodily.

The somatic components of rituals or spells are the movement parts, as opposed to the verbal or material parts. For a priest, the rites of worship are kind of like spells. They have somatic components, what they do during the course of the ritual, verbal components, what they say during the course of the ritual, and material components, i.e. the holy symbol.

Ah, then I was wrong. I googled "definition of somantics" and it said, "did you mean "semantics?" so I thought that was it. It probably is, but with a different meaning than somantics. Sorry for the mistake!

Actually, somatics has no N, but close enough. Being an Olde Tyme DnD player, you get used to thinking of things in terms of verbal, material, and somatic components. If you wanted to prevent all kinds of spellcasting, all you would have to do back in the old days was strip the character down, tie his hands together, and put him in a place that had continual silence cast on it. Ah, those were the days...

Actually, somatics has no N, but close enough. Being an Olde Tyme DnD player, you get used to thinking of things in terms of verbal, material, and somatic components. If you wanted to prevent all kinds of spellcasting, all you would have to do back in the old days was strip the character down, tie his hands together, and put him in a place that had continual silence cast on it. Ah, those were the days...

I won't clutter up this thread any more after this, but I have to say that I, too, was an old fashioned D & D player when it first came out! In later years I had no group and even when I did I never did study the lore like you did! I left that up to my brother and friends. :) You modders know such much it boggles the mind!