Creating More Priest Kits

Ishad Nha

A few of the possible Priest kits have been done. That leaves a lot to go. One way this can be sped up is by simplifying the creation of the CLAB&#.2DA files.

Spell sphere tables could help automate the creation of CLAB**##.2DA tables, in a spreadsheet. It is only useful for the regular spells part of the table, spells which are not specific to one religion only, spells available to any priest who has access to the relevant spheres.

As for the new kits they could be awarded by the likes of Aataqah, the genie in the starting dungeon.

Latest version of my spreadsheet includes a PnP page that shows the allowable spells for a given selection of allowable Priest spell spheres. It is based upon the Tome of Magic listings. This page will eventually be re-worked as an aid to the Divine Remix mod.

Said spreadsheet is called CLAB&#2DA.zip, it is found in the Pen and Paper style Dual-Classing topic of the GemRB forum.

Using the information provided by the spell descriptions I was able to draw up a spreadsheet page that should list all the allowable spells for a given kit. It then provides the resource file name for each spell. It is found on page BG2 - DR.

ShadowKeeper has a Spell Browser that can export all of the descritions to a text file.

Quest spells have been placed in a section by themselves because they are not all automatically granted when you attain a set level.

I am now slowly putting all the allowable spheres information into numerical form. This will enable me to compare the CLAB files with what my spreadsheet generates.

I incorporated CamDawg's suggested sphere changes for spells. I also had a go at adding Miloch's changes for spheres allowed by deities. These are found in the topic, List of Cleric Spell Changes. I found some spells that the Spheres spreadsheet tables omit, they are listed in my post of July 29 in that topic.

I count 153 spells, the spreadsheet counts 131, with Curse occurring twice. Certain spells, like Wizard Eye may not be mainstream priest spells valid for all religions that access the spheres concerned. I drew up a list based upon the printout from the ShadowKeeper Spell Browser.

DivineRemix.zip

Archived