Kit Revisions Beta 20

1) When assigning proficiencies on the character generation screen, the text still states that specialization grants an extra 1/2 attack per round.

2) The Wizard Slayer is missing some commas in the "At level X," text in their class features. I don't care if you use commas here or not, but it should be consistent.

1)Ehm...I haven't touched that string reference at all. I guess I should do it asap. :)

2) Will fix right away.

I am just going to play around with the kits in BG1 (BG:EE) so I will not be giving feedback for the higher-level class features.
Well, making kits balanced for BG1 is crucial, thus I really have no problems with that. I need feedback for both low levels and mid-high levels. ;)

P.S We should probably split the discussion and keep here just bug/issue reports, with a separate topic for feedback.

I think this is a good idea.

Berserker's chance to Frenzy (when NOT Enraged) is small. It still never happened in my plays. Sure you fixed it?

-Barbarian description is still the old one with BG:EE and beta 5.

-Called Shot is referred to in-game as "Called Hit".

Fixed for the next beta.

-Fighter kits do not become proficient with every weapon at level 5. This is not stated in the disadvantages section of the kit descriptions.

Perhaps because it's a true fighter's advantage. You won't see "cannot use scrolls, scribe spells, Turn Undead etc." here also.

Once in-game, you can only see your kit's description, not the description of the base class. Consider adding the 1/2 attack per round gained at level 7 (etc.) to the individual kits' descriptions. You are basically forced to choose between potential confusion on character generation ("I get this twice?") or during gameplay ("Why do I have an extra 1/2 attack?"). I suppose an alternative would be to add it to the kits' descriptions but append something like "as a fighter."

I don't think this is needed.

It is a problem that some abilities given to kits are only described in the true fighter section, and it seems we need to make it more clear which base class features are inherited and which are not. The current descriptions are nearing the character limit allowed, so unfortunately there is not a lot of wiggle room to paste lots of text in.

-Bad news: all of the weapon proficiency text seems to include the descriptions of mastery, grandmastery, etc. You may need to change all of them.

Not a problem. :)

Mike has fixed the BGEE-only issue with the Barbarian description not getting updated, and we're heavily working on descriptions.

Barbarian's Cleave doesn't seem to work properly. in BG2. No extra attack is added.
If you mean it gets no 9th level upgrade I fixed it early this morning sorry. The 3rd Cleave should work instead, Arda tested it in-game and it worked. I'll double check.

Edit: found the problem in the clab file. Fixed. I'll probably upload a new beta after lunch.

Yeah, this was one of the wonky things I noticed in the CLAB files. I'd recommend double-checking all of them at some point.

My Berserker takes a few seconds to use offensive stance. Looks like he's casting a spell.
Not on my install.
Barbarian
Enrange doesn't seem to affect off-hand THAC0
Very strange, I'll make sure it will.

P.S We should probably split the discussion and keep here just bug/issue reports, with a separate topic for feedback.

Quoted for preservation after split.

Yeah, this was one of the wonky things I noticed in the CLAB files. I'd recommend double-checking all of them at some point.
I knew you were going to scold me for those mixed spcl and dvcl files. :D Both Cleave and Frenzy suffered until now because of that mess. :( The next beta I'm working on should finally put an end to these issues.

Regarding Berserker's stance taking few seconds to cast I probably know what may have caused it. I've discovered that the current fatigue spl still include two things which are not documented: a -2 penalty to movement rate, and a -2 penalty to casting speed, which apparently affects innates too (sadness). I'd keep the former and fix the description, while for the latter I can probably leave without it, especially if it's the cause of such issue.

@Kalindor, can you confirm your issue? Was your Berserker fatigued?

Edited by Demivrgvs
I knew you were going to scold me for those mixed spcl and dvcl files. :D Both Cleave and Frenzy suffered until now because of that mess. :( The next beta I'm working on should finally put an end to these issues.

Regarding Berserker's stance taking few seconds to cast I probably know what may have caused it. I've discovered that the current fatigue spl still include two things which are not documented: a -2 penalty to movement rate, and a -2 penalty to casting speed, which apparently affects innates too (sadness). I'd keep the former and fix the description, while for the latter I can probably leave without it, especially if it's the cause of such issue.

@Kalindor, can you confirm your issue? Was your Berserker fatigued?

I can confirm it for BG2. Fatigue makes you cast innates slower.

P.S.

I'm not sure if this needs fixing, to be honest. It's still casted very fast, and with very little difference (+1) than vanilla Enrage.

Edited by kreso

P.S.

I'm not sure if this needs fixing, to be honest. It's still casted very fast, and with very little difference (+1) than vanilla Enrage.

Sounds legit to me. If you're very tired, even changing the stance may be a strenuous task.

Would it be possible to limit pure fighter's level 7 "Proficiency with all weapons" to pureclass fighters only? I've got jaheira here with a load of proficiency points in weapons she's not even allowed to touch (metal, yikes!), and it looks kinda funny :)

Edited: wrong post in the wrong place, sorry

Edited by Eidolon

Hi again.. I noticed the WS doesn't get it's second 5% bonus to MR at 17th level, for some reason. It remains stuck at 15%. I don't have yet installed the latest beta tough, so if you fixed this already, disregard. Also for some reason my WS can't wear (Item revision's) Karajah's leather armor.

PS there's also a problem with Catti Brie's bow not getting the right APR, that's probably an IR bug? I wouldn't know :)

P.S.

Sounds legit to me. If you're very tired, even changing the stance may be a strenuous task.

True.

Would it be possible to limit pure fighter's level 7 "Proficiency with all weapons" to pureclass fighters only? I've got jaheira here with a load of proficiency points in weapons she's not even allowed to touch (metal, yikes!), and it looks kinda funny :)
You're right, strangely I haven't thought about it. I'll see what I can do about it asap.

P.S. I'm not sure if this needs fixing, to be honest. It's still casted very fast, and with very little difference (+1) than vanilla Enrage.

Well, if there's a consensus (I did not expected it) I can keep this feature, though changing stance should not require time imo.

Hi again.. I noticed the WS doesn't get it's second 5% bonus to MR at 17th level, for some reason. It remains stuck at 15%. I don't have yet installed the latest beta tough, so if you fixed this already, disregard.
Ehm...don't tell Mike or he'll kill me, but at 17th level the WS currently gets another +2 to saves vs. spell (dvcl135) instead of +5% magic resistance (dvcl134). One more thing fixed for Beta 6.

Also for some reason my WS can't wear (Item revision's) Karajah's leather armor.
Strange... @Arda, have you any idea?

PS there's also a problem with Catti Brie's bow not getting the right APR, that's probably an IR bug? I wouldn't know :)
You mean IR's Taulmaril? Does it set a wrong apr? It might be possible that IR's patch skip it for some reason 8aka we may have forgot it). @Arda, can you check? :D

yeah, with a standard long bow i get 5/2 APR, with Taulmaril (no arrows) 3/2 APR. Also, it says in the description that it cannot fire normal arrows, but it is in fact possible to do so. When firing standard, unenchanted arrows it also add the magic damage... funny thing is, when equipping taulmaril with arrows i get the right number of APR

Edited by Eidolon
Also for some reason my WS can't wear (Item revision's) Karajah's leather armor.
In IR it's unusable by classes without spellcasting ability. Forgot to update usability flags for v3?

Base 2 ApR by default in IR. Weapon Changes component lowers it to 3/2.

No idea.

Edited by Ardanis