Sword Coast Stratagems v28 bugfix thread

Mad Mate

Regardless, the oddity is that older versions of SCS never produced the humanoid captain/shaman 'paladins' casting Detect Evil afaik. Version 28 is the first time I've seen it at least, though I certainly could be wrong as I've not tried every single version since the SCS/SCSII merge.

That's new, yes. With these new SCS builds a lot of "hidden" bugs in class/race assignment have been discovered.

It's just a wild guess but perhaps SCS is capable of skipping specific creatures from having their scripts changed according to class and assign them per-individual basis instead?

I thought about that too, but I couldn't find place in files for special paladin cases. It is not that much problem with SCS scripts, but with spells, cause these critters gets paladin spells in spellbook (Detect/Protection from evil). I, personally, would change their class, so shamans wouldn't run around, just healing fighters, but it may be too much.

There is an install error on Better calls for help when installing to BG:EE

Thanks, fixed it.

Mad Mate, looks like your fix .rar file got smaller..? I've a version downloaded a day or two ago and it's a different size apparently.

Every new file is bigger, if it is from this forum. I don't host it anywhere else.

And each one is complete in this moment, so you don't have to wait for anything. There are not much bugs left in current SCSv28.

And it has far less bugs than any EE edition (BGEE 1.3 included), while being much more complicated.

If you notice something odd, while playing, please, report it here.

Thanks

P.S.

Updated file with kreso's dw#licim.spl fix. Thanks Raest!

And I squashed adamantite golems in Firkraag's Lair. :-)
These are not golems from hidden area. They are spawning golems from 2 vanilla traps in AR1202.
Again, change 1 number in:
-ai\golem.tpa (line 91)

LAF swap_text STR_VAR files=~ar0411.are ar0413.are ar1201.are~ swaps=~spwngol=>dw#spng~ END

to

LAF swap_text STR_VAR files=~ar0411.are ar0413.are ar1202.are~ swaps=~spwngol=>dw#spng~ END

Reason: Iron and adamantite golems shouldn't spawn where they don't physically fit, and 2 squeezed themselves in AR1202, thanks to 1 letter typo

I found out why is everybody hostile, if you kill Iron Throne leaders in Candlekeep. Problem is in SHOUT.BCS script. And I need your help to figure out what is best to do.
I did a lot of testing (killed them so many times) and culprit is one line from SHOUT.BCS (made by SCS (Better calls for help)):

IF
	!GlobalGT("helptarget","LOCALS",0)
	!See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
	Heard([ANYONE],571)
--->	!GlobalTimerNotExpired("helpduration","LOCALS")
	OR(2)
		Allegiance(Myself,NEUTRAL)
		Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Shout(991)
		Enemy()
		SetGlobal("helptarget","LOCALS",1)
		SetGlobalTimer("helpduration","LOCALS",TWO_ROUNDS)
END

If I change marked line to "GlobalTimerExpired("helpduration","LOCALS")" or "GlobalTimerNotExpired("helpduration","LOCALS")", people don't go hostile in Candlekeep.
"!GlobalTimerNotExpired("helpduration","LOCALS")" & "!GlobalTimerExpired("helpduration","LOCALS")", they are hostile.
With vanilla SHOUT.BCS, they are not hostile after killing Iron Throne leaders.
I don't want to do something wrong, as SHOUT.BCS is used by 791 CRE just in vanilla BG2.

If you want to look at source, file that is responsible for this is help\ssl\help.ssl (lines 138-157)
So, what is your suggestion, BG veterans?

Thanks!

That line is fine; changing it will fix the problem, but only in the same way that changing it to False() will fix the problem.

You need to isolate the Iron Throne mooks from the other creatures in Candlekeep, so they're on different factions. Look at line 91 and thereafter in help/help.tpa. They need their own Specifics code and a dw#gpsht script in place of Shout(). Something like

LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature="brunos rieltar tuth kestor" tv=1
                          editstring="strip_script=>%tutu_var%shout insert_script_high=>dw#gpsht specifics=>90"
will probably do it. (Not tested.)

What's going on here is that vBG's SHOUT script doesn't propagate shouts very effectively, so you can get away with giving creatures in different factions the same shout script. SCS shout scripts propagate much better, but that sometimes causes inappropriate creatures to go hostile. The same problem turned up in BGEE, and is solved (a bit crudely) by an alignment check. SCS mostly uses the BG2 strategy of assigning creatures to factions via the SPECIFICS field, and giving them help scripts tied to their specific. (IIRC, on a BGEE install I just leave SHOUT alone, since the BGEE one works okay and I don't want to break anything.)

I'll transfer my fixes here so it is easier to find.

Among new stuff, I found out why xvarts don't work.

In help\help.tpa (line 230)

LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=~xvart ursa~ tv=1 editstring=~strip_script=>dw#prsht insert_script_high=>dw#prsht specifics=>84~ END
to

LAF edit_creature STR_VAR creature=~xvart ursa ixvart nexlit xvart2 xvart_a xvart_b xvart_c xvartsu~ tv=1 editstring=~strip_script=>dw#prsht insert_script_high=>dw#prsht specifics=>84~ END
Reason: all xvarts wouldn't respond to call for help (SCSv21 expanded xvart.bcs, so all xvarts would benefit, but SCSv28 uses different method)

Expect more warmer welcome in Xvart village :-)

Note: this is temporary fix for v28 of Sword Coast Stratagems and it will be removed when DavidW is back and resumes his work on mod. Most of this fixes are correction of typos and some stuff "lost in translation" between v21 and v22. All info about the changes, are in the file.

This mod is huge, and I'm surprised that it is so little stuff wrong, but you know what programming is like. If you miss just 1 letter, whole thing will fall apart.

First thanks to DavidW for creating this mod. Baldur's Gate is boring without it. Then thanks to kreso, Raest, zenblack and others that helped me with bug collecting.

If you find some more, please post in this thread and we will try to fix them. And, when DavidW comes back, it will be easier for him, to continue work on improving BG AI.

attachicon.gifstratagemsV28 fix.rar

This is useful not only for modders, right?

What do I need to do to be done? Download the original mod first, copy/unpack into BG2ee directory as usual, then download the fix, replace the original files and then install the mod??

or

simply replace the original already installed files??? <---------- this, please!!!

And I squashed adamantite golems in Firkraag's Lair. :-)

These are not golems from hidden area. They are spawning golems from 2 vanilla traps in AR1202.

Again, change 1 number in:

-ai\golem.tpa (line 91)

LAF swap_text STR_VAR files=~ar0411.are ar0413.are ar1201.are~ swaps=~spwngol=>dw#spng~ END

to

LAF swap_text STR_VAR files=~ar0411.are ar0413.are ar1202.are~ swaps=~spwngol=>dw#spng~ END

Reason: Iron and adamantite golems shouldn't spawn where they don't physically fit, and 2 squeezed themselves in AR1202, thanks to 1 letter typo

Sweet, sounds like one last major bug left (candledeep faction issues)! Great work!!

simply replace the original already installed files??? <---------- this, please!!!

:(

Mad Mate's fixes must be used before install.

Absolutely no problem. ;p

Being as naive and clueless as I am I have the last and final question. What is the best option? (the most important factor/criterium is SCS working as flawlessly as possible) ;P

1) Install SCSv21 on normal BG2

or

2) Instal SCSv28 on normal BG2 with Mad's fixes

or

3) Install SCSv28 on enhanced BG2 with Mad's fixes

?

Archived