Error loading game or creating new character.

PowerOfKaishin

This is a BWS issue, not a SCS issue. It may interact badly with something that is being done, but SCS installs fine on a BGT install. Since the fixes were issued I've installed it 10+ times without those errors.

I don't think this is a problem alone in the BWS installs, but with multiple mods being installed on a game and not being able to trace where the actual error starts to happen that ends with the SCS not being able to modify the resources correctly, which causes the crashing end result, but only due to the fact that the start resources are already corrupted.

I didn't use BWS, I installed my mods by hand. So it's not specific to BWS.

It makes sense that some other mod is changing a resource in a bad way, and then SCS's initialization component trips over that change. But nothing I've installed bills itself as incompatible with SCS, so it's probably worth tracking down the offending mod and making a note of it, before however many more players run into the same problem.

I don't know what resources the SCS initialiation touches, so that's kind of hard.

Looking at PowerOfKashin's modlist, it seems like the overlap between his and mine is:

- ToBEx

- Ascension

- Fixpack

- BGT

- BG1 NPC Project

- Banter Pack

- BG1 UB

- BG2 UB

Perhaps someone familiar with what, precisely, SCS' first component actually does can narrow it down more. Jarno thinks the Fixpack is the most likely culprit and I tend to agree, but it's just a hunch. I can't do any actual testing for a day or two. (And testing will be a pain, because I run the game virtualized and installing the SCS component takes like 15 minutes each time.)

Archived