v7.1-v7.10 Feedback or To boldly go where Grogerson has gone before

Dakk

First; thanks a lot for this mod DavidW, it's quite the accomplishment!

I started my install tonight, and the following few error-msg's appeared during my install of v7, screenshots:

What would cause this, and need I worry? The game runs and plays flawlessly (for all 30 seconds I've tried).

Other feedback and questions:

• The first question for the BG path warns "NO TERMINAL SLASHES", the second for the IWD path have no similiar warning.
  • The install window (batch) closes when finished without user input (I'd much prefer be able to have a "Press enter to close")
  • The Tweakpack component "NPCs respond to the main character, not to whichever character talks to them."; if installed, will you then lose all possibility for party druids/clerics/paladins to have their special conversation options when talking to villagers/ogres/cultists etc? If so, the readme should probably say this.
  • During CG, when you click import, the text that says "Select the type of file to import [and so on]" is cut off mid sentence.
  • Will there be "exotic" weapons available, like katanas and the like? And in the same vein, equipment that a Monk can use?

Well that's all for now, time to play the game :D

The "errors" are all harmless.

Point taken about the terminal slashes.

Explain to me why the "press enter to close" is good.

Tweakpack: yes. I took it as self-explanatory.

Mid-sentence cutoff: thanks.

Katanas: no. (There aren't any in IWD, so there aren't any in IWD-in-BG2.)

Will there be "exotic" weapons available, like katanas and the like? And in the same vein, equipment that a Monk can use?

Katanas: no. (There aren't any in IWD, so there aren't any in IWD-in-BG2.)

Not yet, anyway. Once fully workable I'm sure someone will mod such items in...

I got that first error too. Missing a handful of BG2 character .CHR and .BIO files. Of no consequence.

Playing around with v7 now.

One Bug/feature: While the combat log at the bottom of the screen is now reporting the correct exp gain for killing a mob (eg 90exp indicated), the character(s) are still getting the bonus 10% (99exp on Char sheet).

Apart from that its very good and clean!

Thanx a bunch DavidW

Paladins innate abilities: only protection from Evil works (playing as undead hunter)

Ac bonus for 12 dex?

18, and 14dex gets bonus

Scimitar sold in kuldahar is a ninja too, does wonders with my GM in scimitars ;(

add a "real" scimitar in shop, or choose another weapon?

Orrick sells 2pc of nothing for 0gp

Gnomish tool have a button called "enough of this! it is time for you to die, ploy" (all caps) Luckily you dont die.

Wishlist for tweakpack:

Option to Disable scribe scroll failure. i forget to set difficulty up and wonder why its easy.

option to Double or triple ammo stack

Thanx a bunch DavidW

Paladins innate abilities: only protection from Evil works (playing as undead hunter)

Ac bonus for 12 dex?

18, and 14dex gets bonus

Scimitar sold in kuldahar is a ninja too, does wonders with my GM in scimitars ;(

Gnomish tool have a button called "enough of this! it is time for you to die, ploy" (all caps) Luckily you dont die.

Wishlist for tweakpack:

Option to Disable scribe scroll failure. i forget to set difficulty up and wonder why its easy.

option to Double or triple ammo stack

Two suggestions. Post your WeiDU.log file. Use some of the components from the BG2 Tweak Pack (most of them work).

As for me, here's my WeiDU.log.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED): v7.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Spawns are always at maximum difficulty: v7.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Add map notes: v7.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available: v7.0
~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods: v7.0
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // IWD NPC for IWD-in-BG2 conversion, v1
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // Alternate class for Korin -> Korin, multiclass cleric/ranger
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // Alternate class for Nella -> Nella, multiclass fighter/druid
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // Alternate class for Teri -> Teri, multiclass thief/mage
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2092 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Level 30 Experience Point Cap: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2295 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Normal Cleric Spell Table: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3010 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For All Creatures in Game: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking: v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3210 // Minimum Stats Cheat: v9

Once I finish the current work on BG1 Tweaks I'll start my run through this mod.

Can I reiterate Grogerson's point: if you are playing anything except the unmodified converter, I need a weidu.log to interpret your bug reports.

Thanx a bunch DavidW

On my install detect evil also works, but I can reproduce the problem (and understand it) for Smite Evil and Cure Disease.

Ac bonus for 12 dex?

18, and 14dex gets bonus

I don't understand this report.

On a base install it's listed as "scimitar/wakizashi/ninja-to". Have you modified the proficiency system, and if so, to what?

On my baseline install it's fine. Again, what components have you got installed?

I don't understand this, sorry. What "gnomish tool" and where is it?

Ok, refresh deleted my reply.

Thanks Grogerson, I didnt like the Fixpacks unlimited edition so i used mixmod instead, works so far.

Paladins detect evil works.

AC bonuses. Google say my view was wrong, so nothing to worry about.

Scimitar is probably due to prof rebalancing. Shadow Keepe'd a real one, so we'll se if i find some or if they all changed.

Orrick is still there, dont know what that is. do tweak pack "never loose orrick" do something?

Gnomish tools are from weapons upgrade

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Fixpack (fixes residual errors in the converter - MUST BE INSTALLED): v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System (the bigg) -> Rebalanced Proficiencies (CamDawg): v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // IceTutuTweaks NPCs get basic interjections based on existing IWD content: v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Restore (most) BG2 spells and make scrolls available: v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Never lose access to Orrick the Gray's trade goods: v7.0

~IU_IWD/SETUP-IU_IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Upgrade for Icewind Dale: v3

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2100 // Allow Thieving and Stealth in Heavy Armor: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap: v9

~MIXMOD/MIXMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // WARNING

~MIXMOD/MIXMOD.TP2~ #0 #4 // Increased Ammo Stacks -> Increase Ammo by 200%

~MIXMOD/MIXMOD.TP2~ #0 #10 // Increased Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Increase Gem and Jewelry by 100%

~MIXMOD/MIXMOD.TP2~ #0 #17 // Increased Potion Stacking -> Increase Potion by 100%

~MIXMOD/MIXMOD.TP2~ #0 #24 // Increased Scroll Stacking -> Increase Scroll by 100%

More serious issue this time. CTD when accessing the map in AR1000.

Edit: After reading the "Known Issues" in the Readme, here is the rest of the information requested for reporting a map-screen CTD. Happened 3 times out of 5 in AR1000 (twice with no error message, once with an error window that popped up and disappeared too quickly for me to read anything but the unhelpful line number, 59). I don't know if this is relevent or not, but the two times it did not happen, I accessed the map screen in AR1006 before walking outside to AR1000. Every time it crashed, the first time I tried to access the map screen was in AR1000.

weidu.log

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Install NPCs: v7.0

~ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS/SETUP-ICE_TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // IceTutuTweaks NPCs get basic interjections based on existing IWD content: v7.0

~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod -> for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!): Widescreen Mod v3.02

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Remove Helmet Animations: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr): v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: v9

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus): v9

Been having a hoot playing v7 mod. Up to Dragon's Eye, Level 2. Getting munched by Wraith Spiders ;)

Had 1 non-reproducible map-crash that occured in the east haven start area.

2 Random 'Application crashes' on the 1st level of Kresslack's tomb. - But no Baldur.err logs?

Apart from that this is a wonderful mod!

So pretty and smooth.

I'm running the default BG2 weapon proficiencies - so i can select scimitars if i so desire.

Map errors, oh how we love thee...

Berelinde, thanks - that's exactly the kind of detail I was after. But the damn thing is infuriating - I've just done exactly what you just described, and no crash.

If you've had a map crash, two more requests:

(i) Have a look in tobex.log, and see if there's anything in it that looks relevant. (Actually, do this for any crash.)

(ii) Have a look in the cache directory, and see if a copy of the map (ARxxxx.bmp) has been cached.

I should probably have turned on more ToBEx logging options. If you want to do this yourself, edit ToBEx_ini/tobexcore.ini, and set all the logging options (in the first block you see) to 1.

The ToBEx.log contains only one line with anything interesting on it:

[Mon 02 Jan 2012 15:01:01] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x58746E File: ChUIControls.cpp Line: 549 Expression: bResult Message: (null)

And no cached map of ar1000.bmp.

Edit: goes off to enable all logging options... Are you really sure you want "Verbose Logging"?

I fired up the game again just for the hells of it and could not reproduce the crash, even using exactly the same conditions as yesterday.

The ToBEx.log contains only one line with anything interesting on it:

[Mon 02 Jan 2012 15:01:01] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x58746E File: ChUIControls.cpp Line: 549 Expression: bResult Message: (null)

And no cached map of ar1000.bmp.

Edit: goes off to enable all logging options... Are you really sure you want "Verbose Logging"?

Not for any deep reason - I just have no idea what the hell causes this bug so I thought I'd cover all the bases. By all means turn it off if it gets in the way.

I fired up the game again just for the hells of it and could not reproduce the crash, even using exactly the same conditions as yesterday.

Yay mapcrash.

IWD died with an assertion failure when trying to view the map for the first time in Dragons eye, Level 3.

Also came up with a system error "your system is running slow" afterwards which was odd. (win7 32bit enterprise)

tobex.log has the following info. (note \cache directory was empty after the crash)

-----TobEx: Throne of Bhaal Extender build 0.22.12.11 (Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:29:37)

[Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:29:39] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x975299 File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 5637 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUICG panel 7 (mage book)

[Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:29:39] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x975299 File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 5637 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUICG panel 7 (mage book)

[Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:29:39] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x97783D File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 6223 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUICG panel 22 (class kit)

[Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:29:39] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x97783D File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 6223 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUICG panel 22 (class kit)

[Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:29:39] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x796F6E File: InfScreenStart.cpp Line: 2014 Expression: FALSE Message: CStart::UpdatePanel: nPanelIdx == 6, 7, or out of bounds

[Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:29:52] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x96EDC6 File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 4096 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUIREC panel 8 (mage spells)

[Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:29:52] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x96EDC6 File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 4096 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUIREC panel 8 (mage spells)

[Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:29:52] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x96AF59 File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 3196 Expression: FALSE Message: (null)

[Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:29:52] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x97271D File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 4983 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUIPR panel 2 (priest book)

[Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:29:52] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x97271D File: UIControlButtons.cpp Line: 4983 Expression: FALSE Message: CreateUIControl: nCtrlIdx out of bounds in GUIPR panel 2 (priest book)

[Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:30:41] Assertion warning. Return Address: 0x9BACF9 File: ChVideo.cpp Line: 8180 Expression: bResult Message: (null)

[Wed 04 Jan 2012 21:30:41] ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x58746E File: ChUIControls.cpp Line: 549 Expression: bResult Message: (null)

[EDIT] Going straight back in and loading the quicksave and checking the map worked ok, no crashies. Hope this helps!

Archived